• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics paper 1,2 ........can we discuus da papper nw?

asd

Reaction score
o_O how can a particle in a WAVE be at rest?? that doesn't make any sense. so is the question wrongg??? :D :D:D for first time in histry i wanna hav a luk at the cambridge guys wen we tell em the question they set was wrong OOO YEAH!! :p i am starting to hope it was wrong after all.....
anyways the question was where will the particle move and as it was already at top of crest (highest amplitude or peak) so it is only logical that it moves downwards next. this is a really confusing question.

really for cooling down a WIRE trough which an ELECTRIC current is passing u can put it in water?? how are we supposed to do that?? i mean if u do that then we are talking major electric shock here aren't we. just think about it : we are testing the resistance of a wire by passing current through it and DURING THE PROCESS OF PASSSING cuurrent we dip it in water the water will conduct electricity and BANG you will be electrocuted. besides that if u are using that method then it extends ur answer further becuase then u have to mention wither using an insulation on the wire to prevent electric shock or to use gloves wen doingthat although i don't think its logical. but then again we all have our opinions ... its perfectly possible that all my blabbing was for nothing and in the end my own answe is wrong who knows (o i hope that doesn't happen :p ) so best of luk :) (y) and chill out .... prepare for the atp with a cool head and u'll ace it IA! :)
Did the question ask where the particle would move next or where it was moving AT X.

Reaction score
ever heard of instantaneous rest? that is what normally happens to particles on top of crest or bottom of trough! though if the question was draw the direction where it will move next, or the direction where it had moved from, then it could have been down or up respectively!
Instataneous rest is negligible, and the question asked where it would move.

asd

Reaction score
Instataneous rest is negligible, and the question asked where it would move.
Not "would" man. I don't remember the 'would' part. just draw an arrow to show the movement of particle at X

Reaction score
My paper was great....I messed up one part, the one in sec B first question. I wrote temperature can be kept constant by keeping a constant voltage and current..duhh....!

asd

Reaction score
My paper was great....I messed up one part, the one in sec B first question. I wrote temperature can be kept constant by keeping a constant voltage and current..duhh....!
where did you draw the direction of the arrow?

Reaction score
look the pressure one was confusing to most people but u had to apply practicaly alll the pressure concepts here.
first of all get clear on the fact that B had NO PRESSURE at first when the stopper was closed and A had pressure P. then A had volume 200 and B had 100. correct?
now when the stopper is opened the gas will move through the pipe over to cylinder B because of the pressure difference. as a result presssure in A decreases ryt? so now u know k temperature cud not b 2P so eliminate the option.
next we HAD to use the P1V1=P2V2 formula.where P1 was P, V1 was 200 and P2 was unknown and V2 as 300! why 300? bcuz gas being a fluid will move to take over all the space and now the pressure of the whole container will be the same. and the whole container had the volume 300 cm3 (we can neglect the pipe bcuz of the key word in the question that it was a THIN pipe!) so according to calculations
P1V1=P2V2
P*200=?*300
?=200P/300P
= 2P/3
get it now?? it was the most confusing question of the whole paper and it was the question which will determine the distinction most probably and was the only difficult question of the paper.

And thats the only question i got wrong ;(

Anywho distinction isn't determined according to a single question but over all performance :p that last line was probebly the only thing you said wrong !

Reaction score
But made a few mistakes on other parts of the paper...about 10 marks...so will I get distinction now????o_O

Reaction score
oh common , why would be put a wire in water -_- . WHY ! WHY WHY!!!!

and i really dont get what your saying about the particle question . Your saying particle movement was stationary ? that can't be , if there is a wave going there will be particle movement .

and the last part for the X movement was like a wave skip down . or something 2 days and ive already forgot the paper .

Reaction score
oh common , why would be put a wire in water -_- . WHY ! WHY WHY!!!!

and i really dont get what your saying about the particle question . Your saying particle movement was stationary ? that can't be , if there is a wave going there will be particle movement .

and the last part for the X movement was like a wave skip . or something 2 days and ive already forgot the paper .

Its a good thing you've forgotten the paper....atleast you could study for Chemistry now.:cool:

Reaction score
Its a good thing you've forgotten the paper....atleast you could study for Chemistry now.:cool:
Hardly . Everyone is hoping for a distinction in physics :p Tough competition .(Got 1 mcq question wrong yet, the so called question daredevil dubbed as seperating a distinction from other A*s )

Reaction score
Guys it 2/3p when u open the tap the volume becomes 300 cm!!!
Yes Yes . will you please stop reminding me of the stupid mistake i did. i mean i wrote this answer , but i had like a extra 20 mins so i spent more time thinking on it. one thing led to the other , and before you know it i marked p/2 as the answer :)

Reaction score
The wire will not go in water btw! we had to use the appratus mentioned above !!
You use water when u have to alter the temprature of the wire not the length.

Reaction score
The wire will not go in water btw! we had to use the appratus mentioned above !!
You use water when u have to alter the temprature of the wire not the length.

You could have wrote use a fan or something like put it in a freezer :D it makes sense :)
you can always try putting a live wire in your bath tub and see if it cools down or not :D
science is all about testing ........ and not dying of electricution