• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
t= 0.35 +/- 0.01

can anyone tell me how to calculate the uncertainty in t^2 ? last time I did this I was in AS so i forgot :/

Jaf

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s10_qp_21.pdf

5c) The arrow will be pointed up and down in a somewat curved direc. yes?
Why are we resolving the distance. why cant we take out the answer without resoolving the distance?
No, of course not.
There's a couple being created; how in the world will the arrows be curved?

Both arrows are parallel to the direction of the field. The arrow from P point in the direction of the field. The arrow from N points in the opposite direction. The reason is that the right end is negative (hence the direction of the field from left to right) and the unlike charges attract.
I asked my teacher today if the particles will continue to move until they line up along the direction of the field and she said no because we don't know if there's a large enough force being created by the electric field to achieve sufficient rotation.

We don't necessarily have to resolve the distance. The force can be resolved too and you'll get the same answer.

After. It's kind of hard to explain why. :S

Reaction score
No, of course not.

Both arrows are parallel to the direction of the field. The arrow from P point in the direction of the field. The arrow from N points in the opposite direction. The reason is that the right end is negative (hence the direction of the field from left to right) and the unlike charges attract.
I asked my teacher today if the particles will continue to move until they line up along the direction of the field and she said no because we don't know if there's a large enough force being created by the electric field to achieve sufficient rotation.

We don't necessarily have to resolve the distance. The force can be resolved too and you'll get the same answer.

That's what I thought about the forces on P and N exactly but wasn't gonna risk it..

And I do get what you're saying about the lag thing.. but these people are debating over it.. and the "model answer" booklet I have for these past papers.. has it drawn before T1..

Reaction score
No, of course not.

So in couple the arrows will always be parrallel u say?The arrows will be left and right or up and down.And why didnnt we take cos to resolve.

Jaf

Reaction score
So in couple the arrows will always be parrallel u say?The arrows will be left and right or up and down.And why didnnt we take cos to resolve.
Yeah.

Because then it'd be wrong. I can't explain trigonometry here.

Reaction score

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 19