• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The earth takes one year to orbit the sun at a distance of 1.5*10^11m. Calculate it's speed. Explain why this is it's average speed and not it's velocity.
Can someone explain this plzzzzzzzz

Reaction score
The earth takes one year to orbit the sun at a distance of 1.5*10^11m. Calculate it's speed. Explain why this is it's average speed and not it's velocity.

maybe cuz it comes back to its original position after a complete round and displacement (in the case of velocity) becomes zero.
i think so

Reaction score

maybe cuz it comes back to its original position after a complete round and displacement (in the case of velocity) becomes zero.
i think so

I think Silent Hunter is right cuz' I thought so 2. :)
During an orbit, the earth returns to its original position, which makes displacement 0. There no displacement ---> no velocity.

Reaction score
i think so
I think Silent Hunter is right cuz' I thought so 2. :)
During an orbit, the earth returns to its original position, which makes displacement 0. There no displacement ---> no velocity.

Yes that's correct but cn u calculate the speed

Reaction score
The earth takes one year to orbit the sun at a distance of 1.5*10^11m. Calculate it's speed.
Plzzzz help

Reaction score
salam guys...wantd to ask where to get some written material for the first 2 topics in syllabus for 2o14 phy...!

Reaction score
An aircraft is used on a short horizontal flight on its journey from A to B the resultant velocity of the aircraft is 15m/s in a direction 60 degrees east of north and the wind velocity is 7.5m/s due north.
Show that for the aircraft to travel from A to B it should be pointed due east.