• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
A sphere of radius R is moving through a fluid with a constant speed V. There is a frictional F acting on the sphere.
F=6(pie)DRv.
Where D depends on the fluid.
a) Show that the SI base units of D are kg(m^-1)(s^-2) OR kg/ms^s .
b) A rain drop of radius 1.5mm falls vertically in air at a velocity of 3.7m/s . The value of D for air is 6.6 x 10^-4 kgm^-1s. The density of water is 1000kg/m^3.
(i) Calculate the magnitude of the frictional force F.
(ii) Find the acceleration of the rain drop.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A LINK FOR ONLINE VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR PHYSICS, JUST LIKE THE ONE FOR MATHS IT IS VERY HELPFUL IN UNDERSTANDING AND
PLEASE SOLVE THIS QUESTION FOR ME THANK YOU!

Reaction score
PAPER 5!!!
almost on every recent papers they are asking to write the absolute errors
1)how to find absolute errors?
2)how to make a worst acceptable straight line on a graph?
3)how to include errors in the gradient or the y-intercept?

Will be waiting for an answer soon inshaAllah, thanks

Reaction score
PAPER 5!!!
almost on every recent papers they are asking to write the absolute errors
1)how to find absolute errors?
2)how to make a worst acceptable straight line on a graph?
3)how to include errors in the gradient or the y-intercept?

Will be waiting for an answer soon inshaAllah, thanks

Reaction score
A sphere of radius R is moving through a fluid with a constant speed V. There is a frictional F acting on the sphere.
F=6(pie)DRv.
Where D depends on the fluid.
a) Show that the SI base units of D are kg(m^-1)(s^-2) OR kg/ms^s .
b) A rain drop of radius 1.5mm falls vertically in air at a velocity of 3.7m/s . The value of D for air is 6.6 x 10^-4 kgm^-1s. The density of water is 1000kg/m^3.
(i) Calculate the magnitude of the frictional force F.
(ii) Find the acceleration of the rain drop.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A LINK FOR ONLINE VIDEO TUTORIALS FOR PHYSICS, JUST LIKE THE ONE FOR MATHS IT IS VERY HELPFUL IN UNDERSTANDING AND
PLEASE SOLVE THIS QUESTION FOR ME THANK YOU!
a) newton=D*metre*metre/second
newton = kgm/(s^2)
d*m*m/s = kgm/(s^2)
d=kg(m^-1)(s^-2)

b)i) f = 6(pie) * 6.6 x 10^-4 * 1.5 x 10^-3 * 3.7
f = 6.9 x 10^-5

ii) f = ma
f = 6.9 x 10^-5
m = density*volume
m = 1000*[(4*pie*r^3)/3]
m = 1.4 x 10^-5
a = 4.88 m/s^2

omg

Reaction score
you should post the questions over here in which you are facing difficulties or have problems solving them.
im havin problems in it as a whole!
is there any site or sth with p5 help??

Reaction score
im havin problems in log!! when to draw the log graph?? and how to find the uncertanity???
Uncertainties

* % Uncertainty =
* When multiplying or dividing quantities, add their % uncertainties together.
* When adding or subtracting quantities, add their absolute errors together, then divide by the result of the addition/subtraction of the measurement, e.g. for , where , and , the absolute errors added = 0.102 mm. Therefore the % uncertainty is:
* If you have to calculate the error in, e.g. , the absolute error in d must be multiplied by pi and then added to the absolute error in x. The percentage uncertainty is this total error divided by the calculated and the result multiplied by 100.
* If a measurement is to be raised to a power, then multiply the % uncertainty in the measurement by the power to get the % uncertainty in the overall term.
* If two values, for say, a density are available, calculate the % difference between them. If a value is given by the examiner, then use this as the "correct" value, and calculate the % difference the following way: where x is your measured value, and c is the examiner's value. If you have obtained two values, then the expression changes: where x1 and x2 are your measured values, and is the median of the two, (not necessarily the mean!).
* Compare the % difference with your % uncertainty. Any relationship suggested, such as that the two densities should be equal, can be considered correct if your % difference is less than your % uncertainty. This will gain you marks!
* If your % uncertainties look small, check that you have multiplied by 100!

omg

Reaction score
Uncertainties

* % Uncertainty =
* When multiplying or dividing quantities, add their % uncertainties together.
* When adding or subtracting quantities, add their absolute errors together, then divide by the result of the addition/subtraction of the measurement, e.g. for , where , and , the absolute errors added = 0.102 mm. Therefore the % uncertainty is:
* If you have to calculate the error in, e.g. , the absolute error in d must be multiplied by pi and then added to the absolute error in x. The percentage uncertainty is this total error divided by the calculated and the result multiplied by 100.
* If a measurement is to be raised to a power, then multiply the % uncertainty in the measurement by the power to get the % uncertainty in the overall term.
* If two values, for say, a density are available, calculate the % difference between them. If a value is given by the examiner, then use this as the "correct" value, and calculate the % difference the following way: where x is your measured value, and c is the examiner's value. If you have obtained two values, then the expression changes: where x1 and x2 are your measured values, and is the median of the two, (not necessarily the mean!).
* Compare the % difference with your % uncertainty. Any relationship suggested, such as that the two densities should be equal, can be considered correct if your % difference is less than your % uncertainty. This will gain you marks!
* If your % uncertainties look small, check that you have multiplied by 100!

i think sm text is missing?? :/

Reaction score
a) newton=D*metre*metre/second
newton = kgm/(s^2)
d*m*m/s = kgm/(s^2)
d=kg(m^-1)(s^-2)

b)i) f = 6(pie) * 6.6 x 10^-4 * 1.5 x 10^-3 * 3.7
f = 6.9 x 10^-5

ii) f = ma
f = 6.9 x 10^-5
m = density*volume
m = 1000*[(4*pie*r^3)/3]
m = 1.4 x 10^-5
a = 4.88 m/s^2

How do i know whether the volume of a rain drop is spherical or a (cone + hemishphere)???
but thank you for clearing it out

Reaction score
Another question i have doubt

An ion is acclelerated by a serires of electrodes in a vacuum. a graph of the power supplied to ion is plotted with time. What is represented by the area under the graph between two of them?

please post a link for online physics tutorials for different as chapter.............
Thank you.......

Reaction score
Another question i have doubt

An ion is acclelerated by a serires of electrodes in a vacuum. a graph of the power supplied to ion is plotted with time. What is represented by the area under the graph between two of them?

please post a link for online physics tutorials for different as chapter.............
Thank you.......
The energy supplied during that time.
For video tutorials, you may visit khanacademy.org
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Revision:Physics_Formulae_(OCR_A_Level)
http://www.miniphysics.com/2010/11/measurement.html
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/physics/units-quantities-and-measurements

Reaction score
thank you!!
very much a site with gud teachers on whum i can rely on

May ALLAH bless this site and the students those whu are clearing doubts so well!!