• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

Q32:
Resultant force is zero as forces acting on Q and -Q are same in magnitude but opposite in directions. Now you can see that both forces form a couple which turns the rod anticlockwise.

Q23:
Both wires are of the same material which is steel so both Young modulus are exactly same. DImensions do not matter when materials are exactly same
Q20:
Formula for PE is mgh

Here E is the potential energy lost. So:
pe=mgh
E=mgx
g=E/mx and this happens in the right direction. If it is in the opposite direction pe is gained not lost!

Reaction score
is it sth. related to A2? oh so i do not need to do it, han?

gravitational potential or phi is in gravitation chapter in A2 but in here it is for you because they gave you the unit, Jperkg (part of physical quantities) so we just divide it by its mass to get the magnitude

Reaction score

for 32, resultant force is zero because it rotates at a constant speed because and anti clockwise because E is downward so downward is negative so it repels it and it became anti clockwise, C

For 23, try to compare both of the E for their respective length and radius then compare the multiples, I can't do the working its too long, answer B

For 20, E=mgx so g is the accelration due to gravity therefore g=E/mx or magnitude=E/mx and direction is toward earth but it says loses EPE so direction must be towards the right isn't it because it says P to Q. so A

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_12.pdf please help in question numbers : 15, 25,26 and 33. Thanks in advance

15. mg-kv=o because the velocity is constant so the resultant force = o. Make v the subject and use 1/2m(v^2) to find the K.E.
25. The fundamental frequency in tube X will be when lambda = 1/4, and in tube Y when lambda = 1/2.
26. v=fxlambda. Find the wavelength (it's twice the distance between two adjacent nodes).
33. Do this using E=I(r+R). If E doesn't = I(r+R), then you'll know that that combination is wrong.

Reaction score
15. mg-kv=o because the velocity is constant so the resultant force = o. Make v the subject and use 1/2m(v^2) to find the K.E.
25. The fundamental frequency in tube X will be when lambda = 1/4, and in tube Y when lambda = 1/2.
26. v=fxlambda. Find the wavelength (it's twice the distance between two adjacent nodes).
33. Do this using E=I(r+R). If E doesn't = I(r+R), then you'll know that that combination is wrong.

thank you so much :D

Reaction score
Light of wavelength 700 nm is incident on a pair of slits, forming fringes 3.0 mm apart on a screen.
What is the fringe spacing when light of wavelength 350 nm is used and the slit separation is
doubled?
A 0.75 mm B 1.5 mm C 3.0 mm D 6.0 mm

Any idea How to solve this ???

Reaction score
12. The relative velocities of approach are u1--u2=u1+u2. The relative velocities of separation are v1+v2.
18. (32 x 230)/(200 x 9.81 x 8).

Q1 A box of mass 8.0 kg rests on a horizontal, rough surface. A string attached to the box passes
over a smooth pulley and supports a 2.0 kg mass at its other end.
When the box is released, a friction force of 6.0 N acts on it.
What is the acceleration of the box?
answer is 1.4ms-2
can u solve it via newton second law plz?

Q2--

An electric power cable consists of six copper wires c surrounding a steel core s
1.0 km of one of the copper wires has a resistance of 10 Ω and 1.0 km of the steel core has a
resistance of 100 Ω.
What is the approximate resistance of a 1.0 km length of the power cable?
B 1.6 Ω