• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w09_qp_22.pdf

Question 5(b) ? Guys how is it 18o degrees?
Plus in question 4 (c) (ii) please explains, the entire part!
Thank u! :)

Phase Diff. Query : Firstly, we need to know that these both points are out of phase as they lie in alternate loops. Now if one point would have been on crest and the other on trough, you would have realized easily that their phase difference is 180. But what they did is they shifted the crest point to the left and the trough point to the right with same distance (as they both lie same distance from ends), so now again they would maintain the phase difference of 180 because they are equally distant apart as they were previously

Reaction score

eV is a symbol used in Nuclear Physics to denote the value of 1.6 * 10^-19
so if eV is the above mentioned value then, 8.5*10^-3 has 8.5*10^-3/ 1.6 * 10^-19 = 5.3125*10^16 eV
M denotes Mega which is the suffix of 10^6 so there are 5.3125*10^16 * 10^-6 (going from smaller unit to larger) = 5.3125 MeV = 5.3 MeV (shown)

Reaction score
Phase Diff. Query : Firstly, we need to know that these both points are out of phase as they lie in alternate loops. Now if one point would have been on crest and the other on trough, you would have realized easily that their phase difference is 180. But what they did is they shifted the crest point to the left and the trough point to the right with same distance (as they both lie same distance from ends), so now again they would maintain the phase difference of 180 because they are equally distant apart as they were previously
Ohhh okhay thank you SOO MUCH! :D

Reaction score
Finally I got all of the answers of the paper :) Paper was easy, here you go, hope this is correct... resistance is zero so pwer is zero obvious and in infinite resistance no current passes so zero rsistance i guess...
How come potential difference is highest when resistance is zero? Aren't potential difference and resistance directly proportional?

Reaction score
How come potential difference is highest when resistance is zero? Aren't potential difference and resistance directly proportional?
sister there are few problem in what you said:
1 infinity is not a number
2 and you can say x=∞. correct way is x-->∞ which means it 'tends to infinity' so it never reaches infinity but it tends towards infinity.
3 in classical mechanics we use infinity to say very large compared to some thing. like we say S>>V means S is infinately bigger than V. like rest mass of proton compared to earth.

now we talk about equation. If R is infinite it means, by definition, that no current pass through it. a circuit which is not closed has infinite resistance. if that's the case then P=I²R so P---> 0*∞ which is not defined.

we say that no power is dissipated in volt meter because almost no current pass through it/has inifnite resistance. actually it has much more resistance then circuit but not truly infinite. like 3 Kilo Ohm voltmeter for circuit of combined resistance of 5 ohm.
Look, these equations are not used to define any of these quantities. like V=IR or P=w/t.
Basic concept:
-no power will be dissipated by the resistor if it's resistance is zero.
reason:
V=energy/charge. If R is zero then V is zero it means that it uses no energy for each columb of charge that passes through it. If it uses no energy it means it's power is zero.​
Why your argument is wrong(but equation is not wrong):
p=V²/R
R is zero power is infinity? no if R is zero then V is also zero. But zero / zero is not defined. so this equation is not defined for V or R zero or infinity. the actual equations says "power is directly proportional to square of V and inversely proportional to resistance for resistance and voltage are not equal to zero" there is a restriction to every equation. like sine of an angle can't be bigger than 1. this is restriction of sine inverse function.​

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_22.pdf

NEED HELP IN THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS... PLEASE HELP!
Question 1 (b) ---> though I've done this question hundred times .. But syllable confuses me like anything! -_-
Question 4(b) (ii)
Question 5 (c)
And ... Question 6 starting from (a) (ii) I don't get this question .. Please explain !
Help would be well appreciated .. Thank u :)

Reaction score
Thanks but that doesn't answer my question...it actually makes it more confusing. In the potential divider question, the wire had some resistance too right? And to find the minimum potebtial difference between the two points, we took resistance of the potebtial divider as maximum and to find the maximum potential difference, we took the resistance to be zero....why? It was 5 c(II) in this paper http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w11_qp_21.pdf

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w10_qp_22.pdf

NEED HELP IN THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS... PLEASE HELP!
Question 1 (b) ---> though I've done this question hundred times .. But syllable confuses me like anything! -_-
Question 4(b) (ii)
Question 5 (c)
And ... Question 6 starting from (a) (ii) I don't get this question .. Please explain !
Help would be well appreciated .. Thank u :)
Ib...25sin35=T
4b...count the squares and multiply it by the area on 1 small square
5c....it is losing power because the amplitude decreases. Intensity =(amplitude)^2 so you can determine the ratio from the graph