• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w04_qp_2.pdf

5) b) i) How is it possible to just multiply those values, i mean one is in m other is in mm. How could you simple do that. Anyways i don't know how do that question.
All i know is that at 1K it decreases by 0.012 mm, then the it should decrease by 350 * 0.012 mm = 4.2 mm. I don't know the rest of the part.
How multiplying mm by m will give you the change in length.
Explain please :D

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_w04_qp_2.pdf

5) b) i) How is it possible to just multiply those values, i mean one is in m other is in mm. How could you simple do that. Anyways i don't know how do that question.
All i know is that at 1K it decreases by 0.012 mm, then the it should decrease by 350 * 0.012 mm = 4.2 mm. I don't know the rest of the part.
How multiplying mm by m will give you the change in length.
Explain please :D
where we multiply meter by mm?
we say 0.012 mm decrease per kelvin. so 0.012 mm/K * 350 K =4.2mm

Reaction score
Help neede in second part of b how do i find the area? Thankyou in advance
You can calculate the area by Box Counting method.
Find the area of an individual box between the two curve. Highlight small size boxes and multiply the total with the area of 1 box.

or another method is to assume the curve to be straight and apply the triangle area formula but I am not sure in this whether they have given a range in MS.
edit:
I found a useful site which shows a similar problem and he has assumed the curve to triangle.
http://tap.iop.org/mechanics/materials/229/page_46534.html
scroll down . and read the heading "Energy stored in stretched material"
because it said as long the object obeys hookes law than it is considered as a triangle. because u see the unloading part on question shows that it returns back to its orignal length

Reaction score
meko ni ata a part, sikhado...
A part is that we just use the graph to find the corresponding value of the temp given ..
As in they've given us 22.5 so the corresponding value is 1600 ohm
The reading in the voltmeter could be found by .. First finding the current un the circuit, that is 9/2000 then btw u got 2000 by adding the resistances present in the circuit ...
Now u'll get your current as 4.5*10^-3 .. Since u gotta find the voltage .. Multiply the current with the resistances of the resistors inside the A B loop ... That will give u 800
And the final answer would be 3.6 ..
Hope I helped :)

Reaction score
Aoa,
Guys anyone please have some tips for solving physics paper 2?
Cuz I just can't finish the papers on time ...
Pulse share
Thank u :)

Reaction score