• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
As u move along .. U know u see bright and dark fringes that is exactly what implies Here as well.. The dark fringes go for the minima and light go for the maxima .., in the same manner if u gi with the dots indicated .. U can say that If at O it is bright.. Then go along the dots and as u reach P is is maxima that is bright!
And u can say the readings go from maxima to minima ...and vice verse.
Hope it helps ya :)
Thanks! But how do we get the no. Of maxima & minima?

Reaction score
it was 5 ms which is =1/4T
it was initially at the 1/4th from my diagram so add 1/4 we get 2/4th stage. :)
Bro, could you explain the horizontal part again?

Then when do we draw this kind of graph (the red one being the new one?)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
But the question didn't ask for drawing such diagrams ! I did this way and got the answer ! but I'm not sure did this answer 1 e (i) or not ! please someone correct me If I'm wrong !
Orgia9.jpg

Suchal Riaz
You guys confuse me :(
what i did was just made a line continue the wind line but with a little less angle

Reaction score
a (i) So we know that the horizontal component is 8.2ms-1 since there the horizontal component never changes.
So Vcos60=8.2 (V is the Resultant velocity)
V=16.4ms-1
So, U know that vertical component =Vsin@
16.4sin60=14.2ms-1
ii) Since we are dealing with the vertical height here we will use the VERTICAL component of velocity.
So, initially u can see that vertical component of velocity=0
So v^2=u^2+2gh
(14.2)^2=2(9.81)h
h=10.3.
iii)This one is simple.U have to know the concept that the horizontal component of velocity remains constant.So the distance x u can easily get by multiplying the time taken with the horizontal component of velocity.So U find time like this:
V=u+gt
14.2=0+9.81t
t=1.4475s
X =v x t
X=8.2 x 1.4475
X=11.87m.
I hope u understood this question.If u have any problem i will try my best to respond. :)
Welcum.
Thankyou so much!! <3

Reaction score
in 1/4 cycle antinode gets from highest point to zero. then in 1/4 it gets to lowest point then in 1/4 it gets to zero. then in 1/4 it gets back to max. so in one T it completes on cycle.

here is Suchal explanation
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...st-your-doubts-here.9860/page-440#post-782703
Physics: Post your doubts here!

OMG thank u! Understand it perfectly now okay so if we calculated time
Period and say it was 2/4 not 1/4 we would just draw the exact same thing right but since it's 1/4 we draw a horizontal line