• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hahaha Bombastic! Loved it :p :D i hope u don't get a warning by mods caz of having fun here :p

yes man the matter of fact is dat this dignified, honourable, disgusting, money making machines, world wide status uni, disrespected, renowned and so on examining body can make MISTAKES!!
And did it ever occur to you that on one of the front pages of their syllabus for any subjects they include:
And I quote:

Not-for-profit, part of the University of Cambridge
CIE is part of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit organisation and part of the University of Cambridge.
The needs of teachers and learners are at the core of what we do. CIE invests constantly in improving its
qualifications and services. We draw upon educational research in developing our qualifications
BLOODY HELL IF IT'S A 'NOT FOR PROFIT' ORGANIZATION THEN WHY DID I HAVE TO PAY ABOUT Rs 80 000 FOR MY O'LEVEL EXAMS AND ANOTHER Rs 50 000 FOR MY A LEVELS
Would somebody tell me why please?
Hell I'd hate to see what I would have to pay if CIE were a 'for profit' organization!:LOL:

Reaction score
And did it ever occur to you that on one of the front pages of their syllabus for any subjects they include:
And I quote:

BLOODY HELL IF IT'S A 'NOT FOR PROFIT' ORGANIZATION THEN WHY DID I HAVE TO PAY ABOUT Rs 80 000 FOR MY O'LEVEL EXAMS AND ANOTHER Rs 50 000 FOR MY A LEVELS
Would somebody tell me why please?
Hell I'd hate to see what I would have to pay if CIE were a 'for profit' organization!:LOL:
hahaha yeah :p :D they are selling education man. i wish our own education system improves so that we don't need to buy these expensive forms of exams n all. nothing is not for profit :D

omg

Reaction score
Efficiency=(Useful Energy Output/Total Energy Input)x100%
It says the machine is only 25% efficient. So only a quarter of the kinetic energy of the water passing through the wheel can be used to produce a useful 110kJ output (this is every second).
So you get : 0.25 x (Kinetic Energy of water flowing every second through wheel)=110kJ
0.25 x 0.5 x (mass of water) x (15.3440...)^2=110
mass of water= 3740kg
Final answer= 3740kg/s
thank you :)

Reaction score
i quoted all the answers and the god damn light went away when i was about to finish...:mad:
anyways for this one => Intensity is directly proportional to Amplitude square.
so 2I directly propor to A ^2

put A^2 instead of I, it becomes 2A^2 = A^2
the new amplitude is under root 2A , it comes 1.4A , frequency halved means number of wavelength also halved as frequency and wavelength r directly proportional

Reaction score
wave speed = frequency x wavelength ..... they mentioned the antinode in question ... distance between adjacent antinodes or adjacent nodes is always half the wavelength , learn this thing .... so from the wall to the node the distance will be 1/4 of the wavelength ...thus 4 into x wud give us wavelength /// in the formula frequency = c/wavelength ... f=c/4x

Reaction score
thanx very much...i got confused, i thought the ditance between 2 adjacent nodes is one wavelength so i choosed 2x not 4x

Reaction score
7) s= ut + 1/2 gt^2 . ut is zero as initial velocity is xero. g = 2s / t^2 right so now we need to subtract both times in order to get one expression giving acceleration : 2s / t2^2- t1^2 D option

okay -but why is it t2^2- t1^2 and not (t2-t1)^2

Reaction score
but
this one is quite a lot.i need like a summary showing the waves in order
do you want to know the frequencies and wavelengths of GXUVIMR? gamma rays to radio waves i mean and do u also want to know the practical use of these all waves?