• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
so basically the temperature is the product of P and V>?

actually the product PV is constant at a constant temperature
temperature is not equal to the gradient
it is CONSTANT
as temperature remains constant the same amount of energy given to the system persists throughout its operation and therefore, theoretically, the value of (PV) k will remain constant
however, at a higher constant temperature the product PV will also increase therefore, there is a difference in the gradients

Reaction score
upload_2016-4-6_17-29-15-png.60063

helppppppppppppp

Reaction score
upload_2016-4-6_17-29-15-png.60063

helppppppppppppp
For this use the formula s=ut+1/2at^2
Since the initial velocity is zero so ut can be eliminated and then rearrange to make a the subject which becomes a= 2s/t^2
Now you can see that s and a are directly propotional so an increase in s will result in greater acceleration whereas a and t are inversely propotional. Check all options accordingly. A: If h is smaller, a must be smaller hence incorrect
B: Again h is smaller and t is larger both effects making the a smaller
C: h is larger , yes that increases but then t is also larger which sort of cancels out the effect
D: h is measured correctly while t is small which makes a larger and hence is the correct answer

Reaction score
For this use the formula s=ut+1/2at^2
Since the initial velocity is zero so ut can be eliminated and then rearrange to make a the subject which becomes a= 2s/t^2
Now you can see that s and a are directly propotional so an increase in s will result in greater acceleration whereas a and t are inversely propotional. Check all options accordingly. A: If h is smaller, a must be smaller hence incorrect
B: Again h is smaller and t is larger both effects making the a smaller
C: h is larger , yes that increases but then t is also larger which sort of cancels out the effect
D: h is measured correctly while t is small which makes a larger and hence is the correct answer
thank u

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a paper in 6 hours (School terminals).
I got 78 in paper 4. I am tensed about paper 5 coz I hardly get 18 in it.
This is my average score. I want over all A grade in my As and A level result.
I have 76% (b) in my As level result, will I be able to get an A with the marks I mentioned above (I am giving my A level paper 4 and 5 in this November session) or should I increase my marks?

Really I will be appreciating if I got some notes on apparatus used in particular experiment in paper 5 Q1s.
I can score good in Q2 but Q1 I end up getting 5 or 6. That's it!

Thank you. ^_^

Reaction score
View attachment 60074
helppppppppppppp plzzzzzzzzzz
thanks in advance
upload_2016-4-6_13-0-47.png
I think you need to consider the position of center of gravity here and then calculate the change in gpe of the block. The position of center of gravity, is 1.1m above the ground initially. After knocking over, the final height from the ground is 0.2m.
So the the change can be calculated this way:

Ep = 500 * (0.2-1.1)
= -450 J (the negative sign here indicates a loss of energy, you can ignore it since you're interested in finding the magnitude as energy is scalar)

So change in Ep is 450J.

The answer is C.

Reaction score
I have 76% (b) in my As level result, will I be able to get an A with the marks I mentioned above (I am giving my A level paper 4 and 5 in this November session) or should I increase my marks?

Really I will be appreciating if I got some notes on apparatus used in particular experiment in paper 5 Q1s.

Thank you. ^_^
try this link
https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx_kNsO4S1YbTEZYb09ucmVLOEE&usp=docslist_api

Reaction score
is it necessary for worst fit line to cross the best fit or can it remain parallel to it throughout?

Reaction score

Thank you. ^_^
78 is a good score
it means that u can do even better in paper 5 by practicing
give it further more attempts and recheck ure score
hope ure done wid all the pastpapers
percentile for paper 5 is usually quite low
depends on ure score in AS ,,,on what percentage was it a B grade?
if it was 76 above ..well and good
So hopefully there r chances of achieving an A grade

Reaction score
View attachment 60076
helpppppppp plzzzzzzzzzzzzz
thanks in advance:)
In this question, to find the effect of w, u would have to make an expression relating stress and w
Stress = force/area
The area over here is the area of the thin metal, the one that has the thickness of w. So, imagine cutting the cylinder in a way that it forms a cuboid with the thin area being a rectangle at the side. Now, the area would be: Circumference of the hollow cylinder (length)*w(width) = pi*d*w
This expression shows how w is proportional to the area
And since the area is inversely proportional to stress, 2w would give u half of the stress
Hope u understand :D

Oh and do u know about the site: physics-ref.blogspot.com? It's really amazing incase u have doubts which u want to get cleared right away. Just type the question (the first sentence) and google it, u will get this site as a result (if there is an explanation of that doubt). Most of the questions are solved :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
78 is a good score
it means that u can do even better in paper 5 by practicing
give it further more attempts and recheck ure score
hope ure done wid all the pastpapers
percentile for paper 5 is usually quite low
depends on ure score in AS ,,,on what percentage was it a B grade?
if it was 76 above ..well and good
So hopefully there r chances of achieving an A grade
I got 76% in As level. Hope so I end up getting an A. ^_^ Thanks. ;)