• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
You get diameter 4.81mm so for radius d/2 and convet mm to m.
In m 4.81/2/1000
Next u find the volume using 4/3pi r^3
Density =mass(kg)/volume(m^3)
Convert g to kg 0.450/1000 ÷vol and you get C as the answer.
Thanks! i forgot to calculate radius and was recklessly using value of D in the formula (4/3)*pi*r^3

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well i am not sure if this is the question you're talking about (I could only find this component for 2017 March). If so, the answer is C. Three forces in equilibrium forms a closed triangle. Since the weight of the object is 10N and the angle is 90 degrees, by using Pythagoras theorem Weight = (F1^2 + F2^2)^(1/2). ''C' and 'D' only satisfies this equation. Now if you compare the angle between the vertical line and the rope of F1 attached to the object, you will notice that F1 makes greater angle than F2. With smaller angle, Value of Cos theta increases hence force also increases (F = R*Cos theta). So F2 has greater force

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
que no 5 please!! i do get the part that the value is accurate..but why isnt it precise?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170601-190637.png
    Screenshot_20170601-190637.png
    355.1 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
que 9 explaination please ..I went for option B ..but the answer is D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170601-195922.png
    Screenshot_20170601-195922.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
I think the total kinetic energy of the girl remains constant.Because no external forces act except for the weight and the jumping action(which in turn creates an upward force greater than the weight ( so girl moves up). Therefore,
Resultant is constant.
But kinetic energy is affected by velocity which has direction.so when girl moves up the velocity becomes (+) and when she falls (-) and at the top point zero.

Hope this helps <3 <3 :LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
The answer in the marking scheme is C, please point the mistake in my method; from which I got the answer A.
And also, what is the correct method for solving this question?

Attachments

• IMG_1412.JPG
    IMG_1412.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 13
Reaction score
The answer in the marking scheme is C, please point the mistake in my method; from which I got the answer A.
I=A^2
Intensity for wave 1 is given which is equal to amplitude (2*10^-2)^2
Amplitude for wave 2 is (3*10^-2)^2. Find the intensity of wave 2 by cross multiplying and the answer you'll get is C.

Reaction score
Under what conditions do you suggest that the time taken is equal in both waves?

Reaction score
While she jumps and she is in the air, her velocity is decreasing uniformly (as acceleration is = -9.81) and is positive till her velocity is zero. Then she stays in mid air MOMENTARILY with velocity zero and falls with constant acceleration of 9.81 ms-1 in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Then as she lands on the trampoline and her velocity IMMEDIATELY CHANGES DIRECTION TO POSITIVE, and this repeats:

2 main important points:

1. acceleration AND deceleration is CONSTANT ( THUS NO CURVES, JUST STRAIGHT LINE GRAPH)
2. The line goes straight up cuz velocity changes direction immediately when she lands and is about to jump up again

HOPE THAT HELPS:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
While she jumps and she is in the air, her velocity is decreasing uniformly (as acceleration is = -9.81) and is positive till her velocity is zero. Then she stays in mid air MOMENTARILY with velocity zero and falls with constant acceleration of 9.81 ms-1 in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Then as she lands on the trampoline and her velocity IMMEDIATELY CHANGES DIRECTION TO POSITIVE, and this repeats:

2 main important points:

1. acceleration AND deceleration is CONSTANT ( THUS NO CURVES, JUST STRAIGHT LINE GRAPH)
2. The line goes straight up cuz velocity changes direction immediately when she lands and is about to jump up again

HOPE THAT HELPS:D:D:D:D
THANKYOUUU!!