• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
How do we show if a constant is within the limits of experimental accuracy or not? What method would be best for such questions??

Reaction score
So how do you explain the area bw the two graphs?
You can see both the areas are equal... So the elastic potential energy was same when the spring went from 0 to e and e to 0. So... none of the elastic energy is converted into heat... so A can't be correct since there isn't any energy converted into heat. You can explain this ans more than this.

Reaction score
How do we show if a constant is within the limits of experimental accuracy or not? What method would be best for such questions??
You use a specified criteria like: if the constants have a percentage difference of 20%, they are within limits of experimental accuracy. The criteria you specify is upto you.

Reaction score
You use a specified criteria like: if the constants have a percentage difference of 20%, they are within limits of experimental accuracy. The criteria you specify is upto you.

Okay! So if I get the percentage uncertainty of a measured value as 14% and my constants have %uncertainty of 25% then my value is proportional within the limits right??

I’ve been doing this! Just got confused...
Just out of curiousity, I wanted to know what you do at your side of the globe! Lol!

Reaction score
A few of my friends are giving it, but i am done with my practical(v33). My friends told me there will be a water/thermodynamics experiment. You can ask around if anyone else knows the details about which type of experiments are coming up.
Brother can you plz ask aroud for a little more detail. In my city such thing are wayy tooo diffivult to find.

Reaction score
Okay! So if I get the percentage uncertainty of a measured value as 14% and my constants have %uncertainty of 25% then my value is proportional within the limits right??

I’ve been doing this! Just got confused...
Just out of curiousity, I wanted to know what you do at your side of the globe! Lol!
You can say it is/it isn't within limits of experimental accuracy, as long as you explain your answer, you would get the mark. Your explanation should relate to the percentage uncertainty of a measured value you found in the previous parts(as you mentioned).

Reaction score
(LargeK-SmallK)/LargeK *100
AND
(LargeK-SmallK)/SmallK *100

Both percentages can be up to 10% or 20% depending on which you choose but you have to state which percentage you choose. Tell that it is within or out of limits of experimental accuracy in the end.

Reaction score
Will electricity be coming in tomorrow Physics practical 34?
Any guess papers?
We don't know but it is better to STUDY electricity as knowledge beforehand is required to make sure the values you receive make sense. For example, you may get a value of current after calculations as 10A which is too much in a normal school practical. Mechanics however, is told directly and any mistakes is purely because questions are not read properly by the student.

Reaction score
Bro do you have any idea about Physics 34 tmr? What sort of questions are there?
Can you relate any with the old years of past paper?
Not a guy but I'm sure we'll have electricity. I've skimmed through EVERYTHING and electricity is the most obvious. It'll probably be related to resistors as this is quite common. Once again, I'm not 100% right but let's say 62% :(

Reaction score
Any idea on thermodynamic experiment?
Have you ever seen water tub experiment in past paper before?
Using water overall, yes! Liquids and other random materials like rice (we had this once) are used in the second experiment. The feb/march 2018 paper had one of the weirdest question 2s I've ever seen. It was too 'graphical' to make head or tail of that practical but it might've been easier to annotate the whole thing in the lab than on the screen. :D
Water was poured in a plastic bottle which was made to oscillate . . . yada yada. I'm sure you get the hang of it. Two volumes, different times.

Reaction score
(LargeK-SmallK)/LargeK *100
AND
(LargeK-SmallK)/SmallK *100

Both percentages can be up to 10% or 20% depending on which you choose but you have to state which percentage you choose. Tell that it is within or out of limits of experimental accuracy in the end.

I think you could also do (K1-K2)/(Smallest Value of K) *100. This should give you the Maximum difference in values of K1 and K2 (The worst case scenario If you will). This difference should not exceed 10%. If it is greater, your experiment does not support the relationship. Do we actually have to do both? or just one is enough?

Also heard we're doing a Drop some Masses into a tub full of water and note the time taken for the Ball to drop tomorrow. Anyone has any Similar paper to that and?or a few limitations and suggestions?