• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 4 JUNE 11/6/12

How well did you do on the exam?

• Total voters
Reaction score
IKR -.-"
btw m done wid the Sample assesment, u wanted to ask something? :)
ya Q(6) and Q(14) part b i wrote the ans as the higher the temp the more power supplied is it correct? and q(18) part b(ii) i wrote as mass increases the speed will decrease and i used the formula f=mv^2/r and part (c) i didn kno how 2 solve

Reaction score
ya Q(6) and Q(14) part b i wrote the ans as the higher the temp the more power supplied is it correct? and q(18) part b(ii) i wrote as mass increases the speed will decrease and i used the formula f=mv^2/r and part (c) i didn kno how 2 solve
Q6) Well initially even i dint get this but i guess this is because the chewing gum becomes a part of the system and causes a new natural frequency. Its not damping because the chewing gum at the back cannot sop vibrations or nething (imagine n see ;))

Q14) Well we need to relate the two eqns right? so u need to say that n = 4 and its a straight line with a y-interceot which is just like how it will be with Stephen-Boltzmann law

I'll just need to resolve Q 18) I lost the paper :p

Reaction score
Q6) Well initially even i dint get this but i guess this is because the chewing gum becomes a part of the system and causes a new natural frequency. Its not damping because the chewing gum at the back cannot sop vibrations or nething (imagine n see ;))

Q14) Well we need to relate the two eqns right? so u need to say that n = 4 and its a straight line with a y-interceot which is just like how it will be with Stephen-Boltzmann law

I'll just need to resolve Q 18) I lost the paper :p
no prb i c unit 5 is easy bt im sad 4 nt studying b4 :( anyway hope it goes well :)

Reaction score
no prb i c unit 5 is easy bt im sad 4 nt studying b4 :( anyway hope it goes well :)
Well apart from Astrophysics it is (but still hate it :cautious:) n me too, i gave more time to chem cuz i BADLY want an A* in it :(

Q18) This is what the mark scheme says but i dont understand it :S
both will complete orbit in same time period(1)
star covers small distance / orbit radius smaller compared to planet(1)

Reaction score
c) Well the planet needs to be MASSIVE to allow the star to have more speed than them and produce a noticable Doppler shift :)

Reaction score
ya phy is jst unlovely atall i tok it cuz i mst take either math or physics A level
oh! well i admit i was extreeeeeeeeemly stupid to take up all my four subjects even for A levels :whistle:
But now we just need to do it (y)

Reaction score
8 or max 9 :p
wat abt u?
same so it seems i slep more bt i hve 2 wake at 7 cuz i fel sad whn i c it 9 or more actually after ths long holidays i started waking late hmm ok i don wnt 2 disturb u nw cuz i kno u hve 2 exams after each other so u hve 2 finish :) hope u do well in exams:)

Reaction score
same so it seems i slep more bt i hve 2 wake at 7 cuz i fel sad whn i c it 9 or more actually after ths long holidays i started waking late hmm ok i don wnt 2 disturb u nw cuz i kno u hve 2 exams after each other so u hve 2 finish :) hope u do well in exams:)
ahan i see :)
Its alright ;) If u have nething, just post it here n we can solve it :) M really enjoying this group study honestly :D
n thanks :) Same to you too :)

Reaction score
ahan i see :)
Its alright ;) If u have nething, just post it here n we can solve it :) M really enjoying this group study honestly :D
n thanks :) Same to you too :)
same here i actually saw my bro using and discussing his doubts i didn kno its helpful bt i came 2 kno tht its really so helpful and we can meet sme gd frnds :)

Reaction score
same here i actually saw my bro using and discussing his doubts i didn kno its helpful bt i came 2 kno tht its really so helpful and we can meet sme gd frnds :)
ahan i see :D Well ur bro mentioned u once before I remeber :p