• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 4 JUNE 11/6/12

How well did you do on the exam?

• Total voters
Reaction score
im really sry again bt im so missed up in these types of ques's :( its a multiple choice que in the study guide pg 78 Q(5) i ned u 2 help me in solving tht :)
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry! I wasnt well last night so slept early.. really apologize :oops:
it'll be 2/3. The specific heat capacity is inversely proportional to temperature, so if c is halved, delta T will double. Mass is also inversely proportional to temperature, since it is being tripled here, delta T will become 1/3rd so together that makes it 2/3 the temperature change of water :)

Reaction score
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry! I wasnt well last night so slept early.. really apologize :oops:
it'll be 2/3. The specific heat capacity is inversely proportional to temperature, so if c is halved, delta T will double. Mass is also inversely proportional to temperature, since it is being tripled here, delta T will become 1/3rd so together that makes it 2/3 the temperature change of water :)
its ok:) Hope u get well soon im sure tht's all cuz of studies tension.. and thnx alot :) ok and the que b4 it? abt the time of tides tht also i cldn't solve:( and i wanna ask u tel me if ths is ryt nw in supernova explosion 1st: the start begins as a blue super giant and hydrogen burning takes place at a high rate then after its completed it becmes a red giant and nuclear fusion of heavier elements takes places whn ths is also completed and no energy is given out then due 2 the strng gravitational forces the start shrinks until it collapses and ths is supernova explosion is it correct?

Reaction score
its ok:) Hope u get well soon im sure tht's all cuz of studies tension.. and thnx alot :) ok and the que b4 it? abt the time of tides tht also i cldn't solve:( and i wanna ask u tel me if ths is ryt nw in supernova explosion 1st: the start begins as a blue super giant and hydrogen burning takes place at a high rate then after its completed it becmes a red giant and nuclear fusion of heavier elements takes places whn ths is also completed and no energy is given out then due 2 the strng gravitational forces the start shrinks until it collapses and ths is supernova explosion is it correct?
Thanks n yes its cuz of that I think :unsure: ur welcome :D

Its at 9 pm.. draw a s-t graph for the waves starting from a maxima at 12 and continue.. the time period is 12 hrs and see the points which touch the x-axis (v is max at these points) Of all the possible times, only 9 is an option so thats the answer.

Yes, thats right (y) but u also need to mention the fact that ONLY if the mass is 8 times that of the sun, the shrinkage is so rapid that it causes a supernova explosion ;)

Reaction score
Thanks n yes its cuz of that I think :unsure: ur welcome :D

Its at 9 pm.. draw a s-t graph for the waves starting from a maxima at 12 and continue.. the time period is 12 hrs and see the points which touch the x-axis (v is max at these points) Of all the possible times, only 9 is an option so thats the answer.

Yes, thats right (y) but u also need to mention the fact that ONLY if the mass is 8 times that of the sun, the shrinkage is so rapid that it causes a supernova explosion ;)
ok how bt 2 draw the graphs and wat 2 place on the x-axis i fel i cnt do the exam 2mrow:(

Reaction score
ok how bt 2 draw the graphs and wat 2 place on the x-axis i fel i cnt do the exam 2mrow:(
The displacement on the y-axis as always and time on x-axis :) Like a normal SHM graph (cos graph)

No, I feel ur better prepared than me, the way u remeber star formations n stuff :) and don't think that way... the whole day is left still :D

Reaction score
The displacement on the y-axis as always and time on x-axis :) Like a normal SHM graph (cos graph)

No, I feel ur better prepared than me, the way u remeber star formations n stuff :) and don't think that way... the whole day is left still :D
im so weak whn they ask abt ques's like ths is more than tht in 8 times and such:( and tht always cme up in past papers:( and 1 more que im really sry in the perason bok pg 188 do we hve 2 kno tht stuff abt seconds of arc and parsec? cuz ther is a que in the worked example at the end of the page which is confusing

Reaction score
im so weak whn they ask abt ques's like ths is more than tht in 8 times and such:( and tht always cme up in past papers:( and 1 more que im really sry in the perason bok pg 188 do we hve 2 kno tht stuff abt seconds of arc and parsec? cuz ther is a que in the worked example at the end of the page which is confusing
Well for those u just need to see wether its directly or inversely proportional and wether its squared/cubed or not, thats all :) Dw, it'll be few marks only for that n m sure u'll understand with practice :D

Yes we need to know them... :(

Reaction score
Well for those u just need to see wether its directly or inversely proportional and wether its squared/cubed or not, thats all :) Dw, it'll be few marks only for that n m sure u'll understand with practice :D

Yes we need to know them... :(
:( i didn understand the worked example and y they divided 1.52/2 :(

Reaction score
1 arcsecond is 1/3600 degrees. A parsec is the distance between the earth and a star when the angle of parallax after 6 months is 1 arcsecond.

Reaction score
sure :) ok jst 1 more last que in astrophysics Q(22) 2nd part abt Y is twice distance
Thats because we're using v=Hd and when d doubles, v also doubles. substitute 2.56 x 10^7 as v and solve :)
(Even I dint get this answer before :()