• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Please Help urgently!!!!! MATHS

Reaction score
AOA,

Can you please explain the geometrical circular properties and how to use them.And also explain the properties of a cyclic quadrilateral and how to use these properties to solve the question.HELP WILL BE APRECIATED,THANKS

EVEN if you dont know the whole thing but know little part of it please reply thanks....

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
will you understand if i just tell the properties? (in text) or you need more?

Well yes indeed i would understand if you tell me the properties but explain in easy language and also tell me about cyclic quadrilateral its properties and if you can tell this by the help of diagrams it could be very easy to understand.

Reaction score
I thank you but the problem is that in the past papers if you see the the cyclic quadrilateral is divided by diagonals and then they ask to find angles if you could tell me some how i could understand but if you dont have time its not urgent since im not goin to give CIE EXAM FOR MATHEMATICS by the way really thanks for drawing the diagram.

Reaction score
scouserlfc: well i think i have seen them......can you tell the past papers in which they came?

Reaction score
YEah !! that is acutually the same phenomena I will post the diagonal theory tomorrow Inshahallah !! :)

Reaction score
AOA! :)
This explains the circle properties: http://www.nointrigue.com/docs/notes/ma ... legeom.pdf
Remember: A cyclic quadrilateral is one with its four corners lying on the circumference of a circle. In our syllabus, the only property regarding this (as far as I know) is this: angles in opposite segments are supplementary i.e. their sum always adds up to 180 I think the diagonals you see in a cyclic quadrilateral in the past papers are there to indicate two different segments, which helps you in applying the property with ease.
If you can mention a specific example, I might be able to help more. :)

Reaction score
Yes the tangent properties are included in the sy. I was talking only about cyclic quadrilaterals at that time. Do u want me to mention the tangent properties? What is it in this question that u don't get? Its a simple application of the properties.

Reaction score
abcde said:
Yes the tangent properties are included in the sy. I was talking only about cyclic quadrilaterals at that time. Do u want me to mention the tangent properties? What is it in this question that u don't get? Its a simple application of the properties.

I KNOW ITS EASY BUT IF YOU COULD JUST SHOW ONE EXAMPLE OF HOW YOU DO IT THEN I WILL INDEED BE ABLE TO DO THIS EASILY.BUT PLEASE DONT THINK THAT I DIDNT TRY DOIN THIS I DID ALL QUESTIONS LIKE THIS FROM 1995-2005 BUT I UNDERSTOOD VERY LITTLE. SO YOU SEE

Reaction score
This Question is so easy! We just have to apply the properties but there is not tangent in this Question!

Reaction score
Oh, now i get what u want :p
Ans 4) (a) (i) AOD = 180-110= 70
ADO=DAO (base <s of isos. triangles)
=> 2ADO + 70 = 180 (< sumof triangle)
=> ADO= 55.

(ii) BAC= BDC (<s in the same segment)
=> BAC = 23

(iii) BCD = 90 (right < in a semicircle) cuz the angle subtended by a diameter at the circumference is 90! :)
=> CBD + 90 + 23 = 180 ( < sum of a triangle)
=> CBD = 67.

(iv) CEB = DEA
=> CEB + 90 + (23 + 55) = 180 ( we're considering triangle ADE here!)
=> CEB = 12.

I hope you get this.:) Try reading the properties again if not. Any further problems? :)

Reaction score
HEY ABCDE ARE YOU GIVING MATHS IN CIE THIS YEAR WISH YOU GOOD LICK MAN AND YEAH THANKS MAN.I THINK I UNDERSTOOD JUST MENTION TANGENTS IF YOU CAN

Reaction score
Yes, I am. You're welcome.
A tangent is a straight line that has only one point of contact with a circle.
(i) The tangents drawn to a circle from an external point are equal.
(ii) Tangents subtend equal angles at the centre of a circle.
(iii) The line joining the external point to the centre of the circle bisects the angle between the tangents.
That's it. :)

Reaction score
Scouserlfc I will provide you with the diagram of every single property 2morrow so there is no confusion left !! :D btw I m very good at Trignometry and Bearings if u need help do tell me !!