• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
Yes you did, but that still leaves the hands, feet and face exposed. I should get those mosquito coils. I keep forgetting to get them. The worst part is that it isn't a whole bunch of mosquitoes driving me nuts. It's ONE MOSQUITO. Literally ONE. Aur bhot dheet hai.
Go sleep. The shield from your 'razai' shall render the machar powerless. Oh wait, its hot there and nobody can sleep with a razai. So you're screwed either ways. I say you murder the bug. You can do it!

Reaction score
Go sleep. The shield from your 'razai' shall render the machar powerless. Oh wait, its hot there and nobody can sleep with a razai. So you're screwed either ways. I say you murder the bug. You can do it!
Wese its pretty incredible, the power of the internet. Now, two people, who could be sitting thousands of miles away, can tell each other about a small, insignificant bug and its affects to another. Thats pretty incredible, that machar doesn't even know its being talked about and information cables are relaying data about it up to the space sateleite and back across the planet. *philosophical*

Reaction score
Hahaha :p That's exactly what I'm doing.

Reaction score
Wese its pretty incredible, the power of the internet. Now, two people, who could be sitting thousands of miles away, can tell each other about a small, insignificant bug and its affects to another. Thats pretty incredible, that machar doesn't even know its being talked about and information cables are relaying data about it up to the space sateleite and back across the planet. *philosophical*
*mind-blown* I didn't really think of it that way O_O

Reaction score
see everyone there would have different class times so resting time for 1 might be masti time for other so cant say anythng....pia :D lol and ya i do cook :p but em some fitness freak :d i dont know how to make biryani and all..i can only make chai coffee egg pasta n yumm kind of salads :D she may join me n my to be roommate reesh or Noni khan :D

Oh ya timing clashes do matter, once you are in you would know how things are like actually.
Not a salad fan me. And fail badly making a good cooked tea, you know what they call mixed tea *giggles. Funny classifications in pakistan na for tea, mixed cha ya separate cha

Reesh download the mosquito repelling or whatever it is app on ur smartphone

Reaction score
Oh ya timing clashes do matter, once you are in you would know how things are like actually.
Not a salad fan me. And fail badly making a good cooked tea, you know what they call mixed tea *giggles. Funny classifications in pakistan na for tea, mixed cha ya separate cha

Reesh download the mosquito repelling or whatever it is app on ur smartphone
I swear, someone should make that app. I STILL don't get this chai thing since I don't even drink it :p It always confuses me.

Reaction score
^Reesh there is an app like this. I dont know how effective it is though. Google it , and also if it is available at the app store on your mobile phone, nokia app store has it. The mosquito mat kits( the mat and the plug like thing in which you place it) work wonders too. The one you plug in electricity outlets.

The chai thing is. The mixed chai is the all time famous pakistani chai, which is cooked in saucepan, like every1 in pak drinks. It is yummmmy. I luvs it.
The separate is the one made with tea bag, boiled water etc

Reaction score
have u confirmed it frm smwhere.because lums is no where in hec ranking
See the official prospectus for lums job placement....every industrialist is in its BOD:p....as far as HEC ranking is concerned its NOT department wise......if ranking is done department wise than LUMS would be FIRST in elec engg far ahead of Nust,Giki etc....reason it has max PHDs,its research output is max...thats 2 thngs on which HEC gives ranking...lums has won PEC accredition in first batch....at LUMS there are gonna be 120 elec engg....at nust the figure is in 500 elec engg....smaller students,better student teacher ratio,better job market.....lums is where u do RESEARCH not just rot-learn the books.....with every passing year its popularity is gonna increase in engg n by 2017,u will SEE it excel more n more so LUMS is LUMS......its where u LEARN in real sense of this word......every other person can go to NUST but at lums,its selected FEW....so point is LUMS has no match......i hav given NET n my aggregate is such that i can go to NUST too but after thorough research i have realized that LUMS is the place to go to..

Reaction score
see everyone there would have different class times so resting time for 1 might be masti time for other so cant say anythng....pia :D lol and ya i do cook :p but em some fitness freak :d i dont know how to make biryani and all..i can only make chai coffee egg pasta n yumm kind of salads :D she may join me n my to be roommate reesh or Noni khan :D

Ilovecooking & eating what people cook :p
but shahrukh, reesh is right, your gona be the cook!! :D

Reaction score
Movies you can get here, same with.books (Readings FTW) and there's plenty of stuff here :p It'll come, bro. LUMS is just being a little lazy :p

I just realized two downsides to Lahore: heat and mosquitoes :|

Y'know LUMS has a portal thingy from which you can download any season or movie, as they update it quite frequently. So getting movies and tv shows won't be an issue :D

Reaction score
Oh i c. But i think in this thread a guy was saying his frnds switched from law to shssl(is it that) , economics program. But 4742 said transferring to business is harder. I have no clue. Mebbe shssl is easier or what. Anyhow economics is a nice major too as long as one is interested.
I heard it's very hard to score good gpa's at lums. Your sis is in , you must be knowing better, is that any true?
you will have to slog hard
Also, one more thing, that is for anyone to answer.
Y lums doesn't offer bba though it does mba. is BBA a not so sought-after program, or not kind of a good degree or any other reason.

Ufff lums ka Gpa Is very tough to maintain or score!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Y'know LUMS has a portal thingy from which you can download any season or movie, as they update it quite frequently. So getting movies and tv shows won't be an issue :D

getting movies is not the problem!!!! getting the time to watch movies while studying at lums should be everybody's concern. :p

Reaction score
hello everyone out there :) a friend told me that lums ppl are dispatching results according to tracking id sequence....i want you ppl to verify this. do you know anyone who got in and has id in say 4000s or 5000s...?

Reaction score
Yesterday I was talking to my friend about how this wait is killing me. She told me that she knew a girl who got accepted in AUGUST. People even got their rejection letters before her. She went to AKU though. The whole ''getting accapted in august'' seems like a pathetic idea, because most students wouldve paid the fee for someother uni by then :/

Reaction score
this is all very confusing....have they sent the acceptance to 200 people and then those who don't pay the fee, their empty slots will be given to others or did they send some people acceptance in the first round for non aid...some for aid and the remaining people will be dispatched acceptance letters in the second round on merit basis?

Reaction score
hello everyone out there :) a friend told me that lums ppl are dispatching results according to tracking id sequence....i want you ppl to verify this. do you know anyone who got in and has id in say 4000s or 5000s...?
Thats NOT true....this sequence thing has been tested by many ppl of this thread and has been proved wrong!

Reaction score
Yesterday I was talking to my friend about how this wait is killing me. She told me that she knew a girl who got accepted in AUGUST. People even got their rejection letters before her. She went to AKU though. The whole ''getting accapted in august'' seems like a pathetic idea, because most students wouldve paid the fee for someother uni by then :/

ur right...tension mounts by each passing second. :(