• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

REQUIREMENTS FOR LUMS!!!!

Reaction score
hello guys...

since most of u are opting for lums......

may i kindly know its requirements......

???

thanx

Reaction score
if u r giving a levels then min c grade and no more than 1 c grade in three principle subjects.....and no grading for gp....otherwise u just hav to pass their aptitude test which is quite easy if u have good command over basic math and eng grammar........and i m teling u this coz i have gotten admision into lums bt was rejected my financial aid and thats y i m not going....its almost 5 lakh per year...so if u got the money then 1st choice shud be lums...... i hope this helps....

Reaction score
amhu52 said:
if u r giving a levels then min c grade and no more than 1 c grade in three principle subjects.....and no grading for gp....otherwise u just hav to pass their aptitude test which is quite easy if u have good command over basic math and eng grammar........and i m teling u this coz i have gotten admision into lums bt was rejected my financial aid and thats y i m not going....its almost 5 lakh per year...so if u got the money then 1st choice shud be lums...... i hope this helps....

B B C is what they require. The minimum requirement (but never go for the minimum requirement. That just makes you eligible for applying), and an EXCELLENT score in LCAT. Focus More on their entry test. And of course your O levels grades matter too.
3.2 Lakh is their tuition fee + 1.2 lakh hostel charges per Annam + PDC(cafeteria type) charges daily..... that nearly makes 5 lakhs

Reaction score
hey can anyone provides the scholarships deals ....... i mean wat r the requirements for scholarships???

n one more question.........do they credit SAT 1 or SAT 2..............

as i dont knoe the importance of SAT so anyone can explain..............

Reaction score
people who want the scholarship should apply for NOP which has a separate test and they select the few people who are worth this financial aid. They study there free of cost but the hostel and other expenses are to be paid themselves .
they have their own test LCAT which is mandatory i think so.
And even if you are rejected by LUMS once, then no need to worry, you can get admitted into some other university and after an year you can transfer the credits and enter LUMS. 1 year wasted though, but still once you get into LUMS, you wont even remember the wasted year!

Reaction score
LUMS Financial Aid

Merit Scholarship
This is given to the top students on the admission merit list at the time of admission. Merit Scholarship for undergraduate programmes covers full tuition fee for the top three (3) students and in the graduate programme it covers partial to full tuition fee for the first academic year of the students.

LUMS Scholarships
Granted to students in all programmes with excellent academic performance and genuine need for financial aid.

LUMS Loan
Granted to graduate programmes with good academic performance and genuine need for financial aid. LUMS Loan covers 20%-100% of tuition fee component of the student. In all, LUMS loans are interest free.

Reaction score
NOP Test Venues

The NOP test will be held on Sunday June 20 2010 . Timing of test at all centres is 10am to 1pm.

Faisalabad
Venue: Superior College
Address: 103-C, Peoples Colony, Jaranwala Road

Gilgit
Date: Saturday June 19, 2010
Venue: Agha Khan Higher Secondary School
Address: University Road Konodaas

Gujranwala
Venue: Govt. Islamia College
Address: Gurjag Road

Hyderabad
Venue: Hyderabad Public School and College
Address: Latifabad No. 3

Karachi
Venue: Agha Khan Higher Secondary School
Address: 1-5/B-VII, Karimabad , Federal "B" Area

Lahore
Venue: Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)
Address: Opposite Sector U, DHA, Lahore Cantt.

Multan
Venue: Bahauddin Zakariya University
Address: Institute of Management Sciences, Bosan Road

Peshawar
Venue: Islamia College Peshawar (Chartered University)

Quetta
Venue: Tameer-i-Nau Public College
Address: Shara-e-Gulistan, Quetta Cantt.

Rawalpindi
Venue: Fauji Foundation College for Boys & Girls
Address: New Lalazar Off GT Road

Skardu
Venue: Cadet College Skardu

Sukkur
Venue: Public School Sukkur

Reaction score
for NOP National Oureach Programme, u gotta to real poor....and they will surely give a vist to ur house to check all teh details u've given.... i dont think that students from BSS or LGS are even eligible for it..
better option will be to apply for financial aid....bt then in the interview, they'll kill ur ass by asking how many fans are in ur house, whats ur dads income..!! :S :S

Reaction score
mista.lova.lova said:
for NOP National Oureach Programme, u gotta to real poor....and they will surely give a vist to ur house to check all teh details u've given.... i dont think that students from BSS or LGS are even eligible for it..
better option will be to apply for financial aid....bt then in the interview, they'll kill ur ass by asking how many fans are in ur house, whats ur dads income..!! :S :S

fans in ur house ?? OMG !!! I have an AC in my house but i cant afford it. lol :D

Reaction score
hmm.....wt abt SAT 1 AND SAT 2..

DO WE HAVE TO GIVE THAT TOOO.....

and wt if we get 3 A* and A

do they give scholarships??????4 dis..

or do we have to pass some **CAT xams :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Thank GOd i dont have to go to lums.. do engineering universities like NUST etc give scholarships ???

Reaction score
2ashad:
that can be acceptable, u also gotta send ur copy of utility bills of phone, bijli, gas, paani....for lats yr, even wen applyung for simple financial aid.. :|
unhon nay muftay ki university nai kholi hui....after all its a profit making institute.. :p

@well wisher: nah, they dont require SATs, but if u get some god scores, u can send em for impeession :mrgreen:
grades dont matter, all ur CV does.. :|