• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ROCK IS RELIGION

Reaction score
First of all I listen to Iron Maiden too & I'm into the Rock & Heavy Metal genre.

BUT.
I believe in God. Not because I was BORN a Muslim and was forced to but because in this cruel, unforgiving world, I found faith in a Creator I could rely on. I enjoy rock music & am a fan of the band Metallica but that does not mean that the members of the band are my 'gods' or 'idols'. If they were gods, they would be flawless but members of bands are human & many do drugs, commit suicide, do all sorts of things that hurt them & their loved ones. When it comes to wars, God did not command us to fight each other. In fact, He wants us to unite. We are fighting because of ourselves, our inner demons that we feel can only be unleashed through infliction of pain on others. Furthermore, God commands us to be kind towards other humans (& not only Muslims!) so the treatment that you received is the fault of the people who treated you that way & not of the God you seem to blame.

With all due respect, this comment is not meant to offend you in any way but I just wanted to get my point across.
Have a good day! :)

Reaction score
Yeah i do get your point. I also agree that there is some supernatural force that is helping the world run, GOD is just a name given to that force. What i don't agree with is the blind faith that people have in that force. People always rely on that force to help them in their times of misery. Rituals and prayers to keep the force happy is not what i agree with. Why should we not make our own lives, why should we depend on "GOD". I don't want people to stop praying it, most of the wars on planet earth are caused by this GOD of ours. Rock brings people together. That is what i would prefer. A world which does not live with this thought in their mind that GOD will always be there to help, I want people to be together as one, not to be discriminated because they worship one god and not the other. Once this problem is solved i can bet the world would be a better place to live in. Because of this f*****g (sorry for being abusive) GOD i am not allowed to be friends with a Muslim boy or girl. I have always been kept away from Muslims, do you think this is the right way to live in this world. Who gives this GOD the right to choose my friends ????? I would love it if you would give this question a thought and replied. I was born and brought up in a Muslim country (Bahrain) for 7 years. And it is a sad thing that i have ZERO Muslim friends. Why??? Because they worship Allah and i don't. DO YOU THINK THIS RIGHT??? And people still ask me to believe and worship GOD. I'm sorry but i wont.
well that depends on people's mentality.. they can co-exitst.. it depends on them..
what would u say about this: http://tribune.com.pk/story/146554/...lals-shrine-to-remember-the-avatar-the-saint/,
http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...hindus-and-muslims-communal-harmony-tota-park
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India...nd-Muslims-pray-together/Article1-659371.aspx

Reaction score
No thats fine dude. Is there a god to believe in ??????? I believe in rock cuz the bands are in front of me. I know they exist and are not imaginative beings created by humans. Show me god and ill believe in it. I will not worship someone from a photograph or an idol.
Because of this f*****g (sorry for being abusive) GOD i am not allowed to be friends with a Muslim boy or girl. I have always been kept away from Muslims, do you think this is the right way to live in this world. Who gives this GOD the right to choose my friends ????? I would love it if you would give this question a thought and replied. I was born and brought up in a Muslim country (Bahrain) for 7 years. And it is a sad thing that i have ZERO Muslim friends. Why??? Because they worship Allah and i don't. DO YOU THINK THIS RIGHT??? And people still ask me to believe and worship GOD. I'm sorry but i wont.

hey we can be your friends. we are muslims and we will love to support you our human brother. whenever you need any help you shall contact me. the reason for situation you are into is due to culture rememebr not religion or God

By the way
Once an atheist asked a man. why will i believe in God if i don't see him.
And why should i believe that there is God.|

The man loved by God Said noting HE CAME AND pinched the athiest. Athiest shouted in pain . and asked reason for deed of man. Man replied why did you shout. Athiest said. because you caused me pain. Man said but why will i believe you that you have pain. i can't see any pain.If you show me the pain then i'll believe you.
atheist was silent.he got that not everything that exist can be seen.
then man said can a boat run on its own without any one to run it. or control it(even through a motor) through correct directions.
atheist denied. Man said. then how can this earth.mega ship run without a runner.

Dude you should listen to rock and get healing from the power of it. but i also recomend you listen to this. according to an American reporter there is more power in these songs than a rock concert.

then tell that do you feel any change. remember whenevr you get time listen to it. with a very open heart and no hate for God
and then i may tell you background of these songs.

Reaction score
hey we can be your friends. we are muslims and we will love to support you our human brother. whenever you need any help you shall contact me. the reason for situation you are into is due to culture rememebr not religion or God

By the way
Once an atheist asked a man. why will i believe in God if i don't see him.
And why should i believe that there is God.|

The man loved by God Said noting HE CAME AND pinched the athiest. Athiest shouted in pain . and asked reason for deed of man. Man replied why did you shout. Athiest said. because you caused me pain. Man said but why will i believe you that you have pain. i can't see any pain.If you show me the pain then i'll believe you.
atheist was silent.he got that not everything that exist can be seen.
then man said can a boat run on its own without any one to run it. or control it(even through a motor) through correct directions.
atheist denied. Man said. then how can this earth.mega ship run without a runner.

Dude you should listen to rock and get healing from the power of it. but i also recomend you listen to this. according to an American reporter there is more power in these songs than a rock concert.

then tell that do you feel any change. remember whenevr you get time listen to it. with a very open heart and no hate for God
and then i may tell you background of these songs.

I would love to be friends with you. I will surely listen to the two songs but not now. (I'm really sorry i have my boards, will surely listen to them on the 15th of november. and will comment on them ) Thanks for your support.

Reaction score
This is a comment to all of those people who have respected my opinion and my thoughts. Each and every person has a different opinion on god. My thoughts differ because of the way i have seen people treat themselves all their lives. My grandmother involves god in everything, not one day goes by when she doesnt blame Muslims for all the problems in the world, WHY?? beacause they pray to a different god. I dont want a god because of whom i am not allowed to do anything freely. She forcefully wants everyone in my family to believe that god is everything and we are nothing without him. Does she mean that if i score an A* in my boards its because of GOD. But if i fail its my mistake and gods mistake. Why dont we blame god then.

The only reason why i am telling this is because there maybe millions of people like my grandma who think and feel like her. Also the only reason why i am taking the muslims as an example because i have been told by my grandmother that she hates them because they pray to allah. WHY???WHY?WHY?? This is the reason why I blame god. If we just hadnt given god such unnecessary importance then these problems would not have arised. I dont hold any grudge to the muslim community, i lived in a muslim country and i know how good they are. So if anybody out there is offended by my comments then i sincerely apologize to them. Because of these reasons i will never agree to believe in god. Ok, i get it that i should not believe only in things that i see and that was a stupid argument.

Reaction score
I would love to be friends with you. I will surely listen to the two songs but not now. (I'm really sorry i have my boards, will surely listen to them on the 15th of november. and will comment on them ) Thanks for your support.
:) cheer up man.. remain like that forever.
talk about any of rock OR religion.. feel the world around you.. and then you will find the way of Rock connecting you with God.
i like the softer rock anyway. love the old rock songs.

Reaction score
This is a comment to all of those people who have respected my opinion and my thoughts. Each and every person has a different opinion on god. My thoughts differ because of the way i have seen people treat themselves all their lives. My grandmother involves god in everything, not one day goes by when she doesnt blame Muslims for all the problems in the world, WHY?? beacause they pray to a different god. I dont want a god because of whom i am not allowed to do anything freely. She forcefully wants everyone in my family to believe that god is everything and we are nothing without him. Does she mean that if i score an A* in my boards its because of GOD. But if i fail its my mistake and gods mistake. Why dont we blame god then.

The only reason why i am telling this is because there maybe millions of people like my grandma who think and feel like her. Also the only reason why i am taking the muslims as an example because i have been told by my grandmother that she hates them because they pray to allah. WHY???WHY?WHY?? This is the reason why I blame god. If we just hadnt given god such unnecessary importance then these problems would not have arised. I dont hold any grudge to the muslim community, i lived in a muslim country and i know how good they are. So if anybody out there is offended by my comments then i sincerely apologize to them. Because of these reasons i will never agree to believe in god. Ok, i get it that i should not believe only in things that i see and that was a stupid argument.

OHH. WE WANTED TO SHARE OVER POINT OF VIEW TOO. WE DIDN'T MEAN TO UPSET YOU. :(
Dude this is a very small problem if it rises due to God. if you view religion from social point of view then it will be very dangerous to leave it for once. problems so vulgar that i can't write them here. just see the west. you are still eastern right. we just can't stand what they have become. just a slave of wishes and self. lost in darkness of sin without religion or God to prevent them. The whole society here is going to crumble down.
Secondly. sorry to say but your Grand ma is extremist. people like these have caused the problems in today's world as they have made religion such a big issue that new generation is getting harassed out of it. Honestly what are you talking about man. it is a well known fact that God is one. same that all communities follow. like if you are hindu. Ishwar. for whom waid states that he is only one. the creator of all.to be worshipped.(Zakir Naik and Shah AbdulAziz r.a recognizez this.) If you are christian. you are written about in Quran as Allah's Own people. so basically that depends on you that whether you call water. pani. jal or whatever. there is no need to create cias on having different Gods. because mostly they aren't differnt. (untill amended i.e more Gods artificially added)
Last. atleast we are told by our family that God help us when we do hardwork and do what is best for us. if you get A* then thanks God otherwise stay happy on his will and try better next time.

Reaction score

well that isn't God's fault.. its the people's fault.. they think like that..
and i guess u're an Indian.. many people (usually old people) hate Muslims because they've been through the partition period, and I guess that would be the same thing atleast in Pakistan. But you see, times have changed, and so have mentalities. You see the difference between the way you think and the way you think and the way your grandmom thinks. And that's the case with millions of people in these two countries. And I've also seen in one of u're earlier posts that you stay in Mumbai. Try visiting a Masjid with a Muslim.. you'll enjoy ur time there.. (telling from my experience)
Peace.

Reaction score
Yeah i do get your point. I also agree that there is some supernatural force that is helping the world run, GOD is just a name given to that force. What i don't agree with is the blind faith that people have in that force. People always rely on that force to help them in their times of misery. Rituals and prayers to keep the force happy is not what i agree with. Why should we not make our own lives, why should we depend on "GOD". I don't want people to stop praying it, most of the wars on planet earth are caused by this GOD of ours. Rock brings people together. That is what i would prefer. A world which does not live with this thought in their mind that GOD will always be there to help, I want people to be together as one, not to be discriminated because they worship one god and not the other. Once this problem is solved i can bet the world would be a better place to live in. Because of this f*****g (sorry for being abusive) GOD i am not allowed to be friends with a Muslim boy or girl. I have always been kept away from Muslims, do you think this is the right way to live in this world. Who gives this GOD the right to choose my friends ????? I would love it if you would give this question a thought and replied. I was born and brought up in a Muslim country (Bahrain) for 7 years. And it is a sad thing that i have ZERO Muslim friends. Why??? Because they worship Allah and i don't. DO YOU THINK THIS RIGHT??? And people still ask me to believe and worship GOD. I'm sorry but i wont.
I admire the fac that you have thought for yourself and not been influenced by other peoples thoughts :) I'm glad you have accepted the fact that a 'supernatural force' does exist and 'He' must have created us all.
Just think for a moment; when a company creates a new product e.g a tablet or something, its impossible for them to come and teach evry customer how to sue the product! They, instead, release an instruction manual so that we know what the do's and dont's are for the product, right? Now look at the human body...sooo complex! So many systems working at one time...etc....don;t you think that if a petty piece of metal needs an instruction manual, then the human; the most amazing of creations defintyl needs one?! And who would be better than the Creator himself to give us the perfect manual? And we know that a book from the Creator has to be free of any errors etc....Take the Qur'an; it has so many scientific miracles, discovered only in the past few decades, yet it was revealed 1400yrs ago!! E.g the shape of the earth, we know today it is a sphere, specifially geo-spherical; but at that time, the common notion was the earth was flat! Yet the Qur'an says that the shape of the earth is like an ostrich egg-take a look at one, and it perfectly resembles the earths geo-spherical shape!
My point above was basically to show you how our religion is not based on blind-following and just rituals etc., but it can easily be proved logical to any layman! I'd love to elaborate and prove this point through if you'd like to know :)

Moreover, about having muslim friends; thats a misconception! Islam encourages us to interact with everyone in the society! Regardless of reliogion, race, colour...etc!

Reaction score
Ooh...it's a nice thing to believe after seeing! But tell if it were not for God how would u have been here? How were the universe created and by whom? There are some things that are not seen by the eyes that are there! These things can be feel only by the heart and by the soul and you must blindly have faith in it! And three of these things are God, love and the soul! :)
I do believe in God but i don't think God created the universe and mankind. I believe in Science.

Reaction score
I wonder why badrobot14 has not closed this thread? He is being blasphemous ....
And you wud surely remember all those ppl in the past asked the same Qs and see whrre they r now.
Allah says that the truth is they dont have the intention to blv

Reaction score

Read your own statement again and ask yourself... becux of these reasons you dun blv in God?

Reaction score
An atheist once went to a barber who happened to be a muslim. The barber conversationaly asked the reason for which the man didnt blv in God. The atheist replied .... that i dun blv in God because there is hunger and poverty... there is war on thus earth
people kill other people for money there is no refuge for the powerless. Surely if there was a God he wud have taken care
Of these things.. the barber kept quiet. After a while the wrk ben done they both exited the shop togethr
outside the shop they saw a man with dirty unkempt hair and a tnngled beard. Do you blv in barbers? Asked the barber
Ofc i do... i just visited one... yes but look at that man he pointed dont you think if a barber existed he wud have been in a better condition?
But he would need to go to the barber... he wud need to ask the barber to cut his hair? The muslim smiled and replied...
the same goes with Allah. He wont hlp u unless you ask him to do it. And after saying that he left the atheist to ponder upon it!

Reaction score
That proves how silly you can be. FYI i dont need your opinion, i love rock no matter what you think about it. Wow you can be such a GIRL.
You don't have to be a guy to like rock music , just shows how narrow your thinking is..

Reaction score
God does exist ...

The Proof :

1. Does God exist? The complexity of our planet points to a deliberate Designer who not only created our universe, but sustains it today.

Many examples showing God's design could be given, possibly with no end. But here are a few:

The Earth...its size is perfect. The Earth's size and corresponding gravity holds a thin layer of mostly nitrogen and oxygen gases, only extending about 50 miles above the Earth's surface. If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would be impossible, like the planet Mercury. If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter.3 Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life.

The Earth is located the right distance from the sun. Consider the temperature swings we encounter, roughly -30 degrees to +120 degrees. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would all freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

And our moon is the perfect size and distance from the Earth for its gravitational pull. The moon creates important ocean tides and movement so ocean waters do not stagnate, and yet our massive oceans are restrained from spilling over across the continents.4

Water...colorless, odorless and without taste, and yet no living thing can survive without it. Plants, animals and human beings consist mostly of water (about two-thirds of the human body is water). You'll see why the characteristics of water are uniquely suited to life:

It has an unusually high boiling point and freezing point. Water allows us to live in an environment of fluctuating temperature changes, while keeping our bodies a steady 98.6 degrees.

Water is a universal solvent. This property of water means that various chemicals, minerals and nutrients can be carried throughout our bodies and into the smallest blood vessels.5

Water is also chemically neutral. Without affecting the makeup of the substances it carries, water enables food, medicines and minerals to be absorbed and used by the body.

Water has a unique surface tension. Water in plants can therefore flow upward against gravity, bringing life-giving water and nutrients to the top of even the tallest trees.

Water freezes from the top down and floats, so fish can live in the winter.

Ninety-seven percent of the Earth's water is in the oceans. But on our Earth, there is a system designed which removes salt from the water and then distributes that water throughout the globe. Evaporation takes the ocean waters, leaving the salt, and forms clouds which are easily moved by the wind to disperse water over the land, for vegetation, animals and people. It is a system of purification and supply that sustains life on this planet, a system of recycled and reused water.

The human brain...simultaneously processes an amazing amount of information. Your brain takes in all the colors and objects you see, the temperature around you, the pressure of your feet against the floor, the sounds around you, the dryness of your mouth, even the texture of your keyboard. Your brain holds and processes all your emotions, thoughts and memories. At the same time your brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of your body like your breathing pattern, eyelid movement, hunger and movement of the muscles in your hands.

The human brain processes more than a million messages a second.7 Your brain weighs the importance of all this data, filtering out the relatively unimportant. This screening function is what allows you to focus and operate effectively in your world. The brain functions differently than other organs. There is an intelligence to it, the ability to reason, to produce feelings, to dream and plan, to take action, and relate to other people.

The eye...can distinguish among seven million colors. It has automatic focusing and handles an astounding 1.5 million messages -- simultaneously.8 Evolution focuses on mutations and changes from and within existing organisms. Yet evolution alone does not fully explain the initial source of the eye or the brain -- the start of living organisms from nonliving matter.

2. Does God exist? The universe had a start - what caused it?

Scientists are convinced that our universe began with one enormous explosion of energy and light, which we now call the Big Bang. This was the singular start to everything that exists: the beginning of the universe, the start of space, and even the initial start of time itself.

Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen."9

Steven Weinberg, a Nobel laureate in Physics, said at the moment of this explosion, "the universe was about a hundred thousands million degrees Centigrade...and the universe was filled with light."10

The universe has not always existed. It had a start...what caused that? Scientists have no explanation for the sudden explosion of light and matter.

3. Does God exist? The universe operates by uniform laws of nature. Why does it?

Much of life may seem uncertain, but look at what we can count on day after day: gravity remains consistent, a hot cup of coffee left on a counter will get cold, the earth rotates in the same 24 hours, and the speed of light doesn't change -- on earth or in galaxies far from us.

How is it that we can identify laws of nature that never change? Why is the universe so orderly, so reliable?

"The greatest scientists have been struck by how strange this is. There is no logical necessity for a universe that obeys rules, let alone one that abides by the rules of mathematics. This astonishment springs from the recognition that the universe doesn't have to behave this way. It is easy to imagine a universe in which conditions change unpredictably from instant to instant, or even a universe in which things pop in and out of existence."11

Richard Feynman, a Nobel Prize winner for quantum electrodynamics, said, "Why nature is mathematical is a mystery...The fact that there are rules at all is a kind of miracle."

Reaction score
Continued ...

Why is this so amazing? One has to ask....how did this information program wind up in each human cell? These are not just chemicals. These are chemicals that instruct, that code in a very detailed way exactly how the person's body should develop.

Natural, biological causes are completely lacking as an explanation when programmed information is involved. You cannot find instruction, precise information like this, without someone intentionally constructing it.

5. Does God exist? We know God exists because he pursues us. He is constantly initiating and seeking for us to come to him.

I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly. What is it about atheists that we would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that we don't believe even exists?! What causes us to do that? When I was an atheist, I attributed my intentions as caring for those poor, delusional people...to help them realize their hope was completely ill-founded. To be honest, I also had another motive. As I challenged those who believed in God, I was deeply curious to see if they could convince me otherwise. Part of my quest was to become free from the question of God. If I could conclusively prove to believers that they were wrong, then the issue is off the table, and I would be free to go about my life.

COURTESY OF http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

Reaction score
I wonder why badrobot14 has not closed this thread? He is being blasphemous ....
And you wud surely remember all those ppl in the past asked the same Qs and see whrre they r now.
Allah says that the truth is they dont have the intention to blv

listen rutzaba. it is good that thread is not closed. badrobot is moderator for administrative purpose and Xpc is not restricted for believers of other religion and their thought. especially as he havn't targeted any particular religion hurting thier believer.

suppression isn't a way at all to end the athiesim as it will raise it. rather try to inquire why they have become so and try to solve their matter softly to show them a way to the religion that may prove better for them. If all religion-ist. would have acted like that. atheism won't exist today and everyone would have followed a God and a peaceful. sinless manner of life.