• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ROCK IS RELIGION

Reaction score
You don't have to be a guy to like rock music , just shows how narrow your thinking is..
I never said you have to be a guy to like rock music as you stated. I meant that you wrote "Rock is so sick." Just because i said some stuff about the shitty bollywood movie in your thread. Thats why i called you a baby girl, who wanted to take revenge by commenting on my thread, well brother if you tried to make me feel bad by writing that statement then boy let me tell you i dont care about what you think.

Reaction score
Continued ...

Why is this so amazing? One has to ask....how did this information program wind up in each human cell? These are not just chemicals. These are chemicals that instruct, that code in a very detailed way exactly how the person's body should develop.

Natural, biological causes are completely lacking as an explanation when programmed information is involved. You cannot find instruction, precise information like this, without someone intentionally constructing it.

5. Does God exist? We know God exists because he pursues us. He is constantly initiating and seeking for us to come to him.

I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly. What is it about atheists that we would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that we don't believe even exists?! What causes us to do that? When I was an atheist, I attributed my intentions as caring for those poor, delusional people...to help them realize their hope was completely ill-founded. To be honest, I also had another motive. As I challenged those who believed in God, I was deeply curious to see if they could convince me otherwise. Part of my quest was to become free from the question of God. If I could conclusively prove to believers that they were wrong, then the issue is off the table, and I would be free to go about my life.

COURTESY OF http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html
I am so not gonna read this.

Reaction score
Well People lets change the topic for a while. Why dont all of you tell me the first rock song you guys ever heard of. Mine was HOW YOU REMIND ME BY NICKLEBACK.

Reaction score
Well People lets change the topic for a while. Why dont all of you tell me the first rock song you guys ever heard of. Mine was HOW YOU REMIND ME BY NICKLEBACK.
huh do you consider soft rock in???
hey soul sister by train. songs by coldplay.
and we will rock you.

Reaction score
How does a person gain knowledge without reading? ... Im guessing you did read your books to write these examinations!

Well i meant i will not read that big block of information that you have posted. Now that i have changed the topic i have no interest in bringing up the GOD topic again. I have already gained knowledge about god from small blocks of information and arguments that nobody has copied from a particular website and posted it in the thread like you have. So please stop your nonsense.

Reaction score
Topic is quite confusing !!
WHAT is the purpose of this thread ?? Music or gods ?? Not ALL r the same every1 worship their GOD , Al-humdulillah :D
As u have to live ur life?? But I’ve a Question That If there is no GOD so how the universe came into existence?? And what abt oxygen? Don’t tell me abt chemical reactions…Bcuz who is the one who have made these gases?? And watr? Have u ever think abt what will happen to u when u DIE ??
Indeed, Every1 have to face the truth :D U do what u wish :D
Just telling no offence….It’s ur Choice..As life is Urs :D

Reaction score
I wrote that GOD was ugly statement in the heat of the moment and i didnt mean it, and it definitely was not meant for insulting any particular god. I am sorry if you felt offended by my statement.

Well u may have many faults but atleast u care about some things. Il tell u this buddy ... there are three kind
of ppl. Those who really reallly want to understand what wrong they are doing and how to change it.
The others who just want ppl to side up with them regardless of wat is right.
and the third who just want to criticise other ppl believes just fr da fun of it.
I congratulate you that you are not from the third group

Reaction score
Topic is quite confusing !!
WHAT is the purpose of this thread ?? Music or gods ?? Not ALL r the same every1 worship their GOD , Al-humdulillah :D
As u have to live ur life?? But I’ve a Question That If there is no GOD so how the universe came into existence?? And what abt oxygen? Don’t tell me abt chemical reactions…Bcuz who is the one who have made these gases?? And watr? Have u ever think abt what will happen to u when u DIE ??
Indeed, Every1 have to face the truth :D U do what u wish :D
Just telling no offence….It’s ur Choice..As life is Urs :D

Well the topic for discussion was about the rock music but people asked me this question abt why i didn t believe in god, then we all kept arguing on the topic, but for now i did change the topic.

Reaction score
Well the topic for discussion was about the rock music but people asked me this question abt why i didn t believe in god, then we all kept arguing on the topic, but for now i did change the topic.

Oh ! So it was abt music not God ! Right??

Reaction score
so then why ppl got in this discussion of god and beleif so on...
May be ppl took opposite what u meant ? R u athiest ?

Atheist that i am. Rock is Religion for me. People started to question this so i replied back with my opinions and they wrote about their own opinions. Thats how the topic got out of hand.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah i do get your point. I also agree that there is some supernatural force that is helping the world run, GOD is just a name given to that force. What i don't agree with is the blind faith that people have in that force. People always rely on that force to help them in their times of misery. Rituals and prayers to keep the force happy is not what i agree with. Why should we not make our own lives, why should we depend on "GOD". I don't want people to stop praying it, most of the wars on planet earth are caused by this GOD of ours. Rock brings people together. That is what i would prefer. A world which does not live with this thought in their mind that GOD will always be there to help, I want people to be together as one, not to be discriminated because they worship one god and not the other. Once this problem is solved i can bet the world would be a better place to live in. Because of this f*****g (sorry for being abusive) GOD i am not allowed to be friends with a Muslim boy or girl. I have always been kept away from Muslims, do you think this is the right way to live in this world. Who gives this GOD the right to choose my friends ????? I would love it if you would give this question a thought and replied. I was born and brought up in a Muslim country (Bahrain) for 7 years. And it is a sad thing that i have ZERO Muslim friends. Why??? Because they worship Allah and i don't. DO YOU THINK THIS RIGHT??? And people still ask me to believe and worship GOD. I'm sorry but i wont.

Ok, so we've established that God Exists.. "that there is some supernatural force that is helping the world run, GOD is just a name given to that force." and well the next thing to do is think....
Why.. why did He make us..?? you make a car so it drives, a pen so it writes... everything has a purpose... and so we must also have some purpose... Our creator has sent us books throughout history to communicate a message to us. Just like you get a manual with a mobile phone which tells you what it is for and what is good and bad for it. Our creator has sent us manuals to tell us what our purpose in life is and what is good for us and what is bad for us. Now obviously anyone can say this book is from god.. but they must provide proof for their claim. but you do get why there is need for revelation...?

Secondly as for ur argument about wars etc. that has no logical bases.. like can u prove that statement..? Hitler is said to have killed 6million jews, world wars had sooo many ppl killed, were they in the name of god...?? plz don't repeat stuff u hear when u have not thought about it..... if it makes sense or not.

As for rock bringing ppl together... well ur comparing oranges with cars.... I mean rock is a genre of music and religion means "The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods." how do we compare 2 completely different things... :?

As for muslim friends... really it's personal choice of ppl to keep frnds.. m a muslim (Alhamdulillah) and I had non-muslim frnds so.. it's upon a person...
but I'll repeat my questio do u see why it's logical for us to get a revelation from that manual example...?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
This is a comment to all of those people who have respected my opinion and my thoughts. Each and every person has a different opinion on god. My thoughts differ because of the way i have seen people treat themselves all their lives. My grandmother involves god in everything, not one day goes by when she doesnt blame Muslims for all the problems in the world, WHY?? beacause they pray to a different god. I dont want a god because of whom i am not allowed to do anything freely. She forcefully wants everyone in my family to believe that god is everything and we are nothing without him. Does she mean that if i score an A* in my boards its because of GOD. But if i fail its my mistake and gods mistake. Why dont we blame god then.

The only reason why i am telling this is because there maybe millions of people like my grandma who think and feel like her. Also the only reason why i am taking the muslims as an example because i have been told by my grandmother that she hates them because they pray to allah. WHY???WHY?WHY?? This is the reason why I blame god. If we just hadnt given god such unnecessary importance then these problems would not have arised. I dont hold any grudge to the muslim community, i lived in a muslim country and i know how good they are. So if anybody out there is offended by my comments then i sincerely apologize to them. Because of these reasons i will never agree to believe in god. Ok, i get it that i should not believe only in things that i see and that was a stupid argument.

hmm.. that is thoughtful but there is one thing I'd like to tell you.... see there is a concept of god you have and a concept we have.... and my guess is it's the concept that is troubling you... and ur question is right... whn u get good grades, it's thanku god, but on bad it's ur fault... well as muslims that's not how we think...
we try our best n then put our trust in Allah.... One day Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) noticed a Bedouin leaving his camel without tying it and he asked the Bedouin, “Why don’t you tie down your camel?” The Bedouin answered, “I put my trust in Allah.” The Prophet then said, “Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah” (At-Tirmidhi).

we try to get good results and at end whatever we get, we thank Allah for it... even if it's not as good we acknowledge that it must be better for us in ways we don't know... since Allah/God knows the unseen and we don't..... <--- among the reasons we're happy ppl even with not as good results. :D
Secondly, as for beliving in God being reason for hatred etc, is how u see it perhaps coz of ur granny,.... the way I see it is that it brings ppl together... at least 1.5 billion of em who are muslims, for sure.... coz muslims MUST be good and love their brothers in faith... Prophet S.A.W said "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection . " (Bukhari)

Oh, and don't be intimidated by that word 'day of ressurection'.... it is logical for that day to occur if there is a just God.