• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

something i found and thought to share :)

Reaction score
This is the fatwa of the scholars with regard to women wearing the hair in a bun and parting the hair on the side.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (17/126):
What is the ruling on a woman parting the hair on the side, and making only one braid, and making it into a bun, with the intention of making herself beautiful for her husband or to look good because it suits her?

With regard to parting the hair on the side, this involves imitating the kaafir women, and it is proven that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said it is haraam to imitate the kuffaar.
With regard to gathering the hair into and letting it hang down the back, either braided or not braided, there is nothing wrong with that so long as it is covered (hijab). But making it into a bun (on top of the head) is not permitted, because that is an imitation of kaafir women and it is haraam to imitate them. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against that when he said: “There are two types of the people of Hell whom I have not yet seen: people with whips like the tails of cattle with which they strike the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, astray and leading others astray, with their heads like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will not enter Paradise nor even smell its fragrance, although it fragrance may be detected from such and such a distance.” Narrated by Ahmad and Muslim.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on a woman gathering her hair on top of her head?
If the hair is gathered on top of the head, this is regarded by the scholars as being included in the prohibition or warning that was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in his hadeeth: “There are two types of the people of Hell whom I have not yet seen: … and women who are clothed yet naked, astray and leading others astray, with their heads like the humps of camels, leaning to one side.” So if the hair is on top of the head, it is not allowed. But if it is at the nape of the neck, for example, then there is nothing wrong with it, unless the woman is going out to the marketplace, in which case this is a kind of tabarruj because it can be noticed through the abayah, so this comes under the heading of tabarruj and is a means of fitnah, so it is not allowed.
From Fataawa al-Mar’ah, Jam’ al-Musnad, p. 218.

whitetiger64 crazyyorange13 trendchaser101 badrobot14
i still don get it man.....y is braiding allowed wen parting isn't....?

Reaction score
i still don get it man.....y is braiding allowed wen parting isn't....?
If we look at the parting of the hair on one side, for example, this may have been a fashion that was unique to kaafir and immoral women at one time, then it stopped being unique to them and spread to the Muslim women, and no one would think that the one who does it is a kaafir or an immoral woman. In that case the ruling on imitating the kuffaar no longer applies, so it is not haraam.

Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath (1/307), when discussing the mayaasir al-arjawaan, which is a kind of small cushion which a horse-rider places beneath him, which was something that the Persians used to do: If we say that this is forbidden because it is an imitation of the Persians, then the prohibition is for a religious reason, but that was one of their unique features at that time, when they were kaafirs, but because it is no longer one of their unique features, the reason for disallowing it no longer applies, so it is no longer makrooh. And Allaah knows best.

He also said, refuting those who regarded wearing the taylasaan (pallium, a large rectangular cloak as worn by the ancient Greeks) as a kind of imitation of the kuffaar, because it is the clothing of the Jews as mentioned in the hadeeth about the Dajjaal: It is appropriate to quote the hadeeth about the Jews at the time when the taylasaan is one of their unique features, but this does not apply at the present time, so now it is included among that which is permissible.
Fath al-Baari, 10/274.
Allaah knows best.

Reaction score
Something I found which is very nice mashallah
Must watch this video !!!!! :D
This is a speech by Sara choudary , a famous drama actress , who left showbiz
Mashallah !!!!!! :)

Reactions: N.M

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
iNnOcEnT kilLeR nw u must tell us abt some alternative hair-do too cause that feels jus too comfrtable and it's hard to resist :(

LOL.. :D prohibited stuff most of the times becomes tempting for some reason... but it's nothing big to give up.... I mean I always wonder how women wear high heels, I have tried them on :p :ROFLMAO: I just couldn't balance plus why on earth would someone walk in such uncomfortable shoes! o_O but they do it as a fashion statement... If a person can get used to that stuff just for others to look at, then they can get used to anything...

N.M

Reaction score
iNnOcEnT kilLeR nw u must tell us abt some alternative hair-do too cause that feels jus too comfrtable and it's hard to resist :(

Well, I will tell you what helps me... See The consequence of making buns like camel hump, or shaping eyebrows n stuff like thay which is prohibited is "la'anahul Allahi wa Rasulih_curse of Allah and His Messenger" in other words that you are being deprived of the Allah's mercy! Just Imagine being deprived of The Merciful's Mercy by doing some act!!! No no no...
Whenever I think of this, I just hate doing any such work...
Plus I tell the same thing to my younger sis, cousins n friends... N it is a helpful tip, just remember the CURSE of Allah n RasulAllah, and u will see that even if u are tempted to do any such thing, you won't do it inshaAllah :)

Reaction score
Well, I will tell you what helps me... See The consequence of making buns like camel hump, or shaping eyebrows n stuff like thay which is prohibited is "la'anahul Allahi wa Rasulih_curse of Allah and His Messenger" in other words that you are being deprived of the Allah's mercy! Just Imagine being deprived of The Merciful's Mercy by doing some act!!! No no no...
Whenever I think of this, I just hate doing any such work...
Plus I tell the same thing to my younger sis, cousins n friends... N it is a helpful tip, just remember the CURSE of Allah n RasulAllah, and u will see that even if u are tempted to do any such thing, you won't do it inshaAllah :)
JAZAKALLAH.. very well said and hope this will help me abstain from all such things.. IA :)

Reaction score
LOL.. :D prohibited stuff most of the times becomes tempting for some reason... but it's nothing big to give up.... I mean I always wonder how women wear high heels, I have tried them on :p :ROFLMAO: I just couldn't balance plus why on earth would someone walk in such uncomfortable shoes! o_O but they do it as a fashion statement... If a person can get used to that stuff just for others to look at, then they can get used to anything...
Unlike other girls I do not really go for things that r not comfortable but since this is a non-religious practise so wait leme just destroy this bun and wear my hair in a pony :D

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Unlike other girls I do not really go for things that r not comfortable but since this is a non-religious practise so wait leme just destroy this bun and wear my hair in a pony :D
May Allah give you steadfastness upon Islam.. Aameen! good work! (y)

"Allah the Almighty has said: 'Whosoever acts with enmity towards a closer servant of Mine (wali), I will indeed declare war against him. Nothing endears My servant to Me than doing of what I have made obligatory upon him to do. And My servant continues to draw nearer to Me with supererogatory (nawafil) prayers so that I shall love him. When I love him, I shall be his hearing with which he shall hear, his sight with which he shall see, his hands with which he shall hold, and his feet with which he shall walk. And if he asks (something) of Me, I shall surely give it to him, and if he takes refuge in Me, I shall certainly grant him it.'"
[Al-Bukhari]

Reaction score
wait, wearing high heels isn't allowed? :eek:

iNnOcEnT kilLeR Really nice thread MashAllah

Reaction score
no Idea.. I was just saying it is so hard to walk in those.... how on earth do women manage to do that! if they can do that, they can do anything..!
Hahah it's the same as walking in any other type of shoe :p what's so hard in it?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Hahah it's the same as walking in any other type of shoe :p what's so hard in it?

coz its painfully abnormal for shoes to have such heels plus you have to balance.. cant even run in those... I tried them on as a kid.... :LOL:

N.M

Reaction score
I know it's hard for the girls to accept but I read this Fatwa a month ago
http://www.islamqa.info/en/ref/26215/Heels
http://www.islamqa.info/en/ref/26812/Heels

wait, wearing high heels isn't allowed?

Wa Allahu A'alam
Even I don't know what to do with heeled shoes now... :(
my mother just brought them for me this Eid n I was like y did u buy them n she scolded me saying Khud tou market jati Nahi ho Uper se koi le aya tou Nakhre... (cuz I didn't go with her to the market cuz I hate market place...)