• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What are you taking in AS/A-Level?

Reaction score
Advanced International Certificate of Education Diploma.

Every US medical university requires 2 years of high school mathematics and 2 years of college level mathematics, including pre-calculus, calculus, etc.
Almost every UK and Australian university requires Maths till AS-level, even the medical universities. You just can't give up Maths after IGCSEs.

Really? It's sad!

Reaction score
I've just heard about UK, that too from one person. But according to what DarkEclipse is saying, it's in Australia as well. But idk about it. Which country do you live in Btw?

India, but I've lived in Canada, Kuwait, Nigeria and Australia, so I keep track on college admissions there (except Kuwait and Nigeria).

Reaction score
I've just heard about UK, that too from one person. But according to what DarkEclipse is saying, it's in Australia as well. But idk about it. Which country do you live in Btw?

UAE. And if I ever get a chance of going back in time Id study American system -_- because even if Id study outside Id go to Canada (or USA).

Reaction score
Ok, so you've not yet decided? Like confused between medicals and engineering?
Yeah. Or I might pursue a Biology major and become a Biologist. Either way, my first priority is research in the Nanosciences.
I'm aiming for MIT. If I get a chance there, I'll enter the UROP and most probably go into Chemical engineering major with a biomedical/biological engineering minor (if I feel like it).

Reaction score
Okay, so my aim to do AEROSPACE ENGINEERING currently.
I have taken the following subjects:
1) Physics
2) Maths
3) Further Maths
4) Thinking Skills
I also want to take up a 5th subject as well. My options are General Paper,Economic,Chemistry,AICT or World History. Which one of these should I take up as my fifth sub?

Reaction score
Okay, so my aim to do AEROSPACE ENGINEERING currently.
I have taken the following subjects:
1) Physics
2) Maths
3) Further Maths
4) Thinking Skills
I also want to take up a 5th subject as well. My options are General Paper,Economic,Chemistry,AICT or World History. Which one of these should I take up as my fifth sub?

If you are aiming for aerospace engineering then just go for phy maths and further maths , there;s no need to opt any extra subjects as it can affect you ALevels result.
P.s If you are so much desperate for taking extra subjects then do take chem , bio , eco and urdu along with maths and phy in AS levels so that you can get AICE diploma which will help you to get scholarships from the universities.
P.s : For which unis you are going to apply in ?