• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What are you taking in AS/A-Level?

Reaction score
Is this combination good?:
Physics
Chemistry
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
General Paper
It'a my final set of subjects.
Why are you constantly reposting your subject combination? It's getting really weird now -_-
I said it once, I'll say it again, do not take both the maths subjects together, you will end up in a hospital.
And I'll repeat it again, General Paper is not considered to be a subject by any reputable university.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Am I the only one moving to the IB after this? Instead of doing over 5 A levels, I feel one should do the IB. Universities consider it a great challenge and they love IB students as they are well rounded.
I'm planning on taking:
English Literature and Language SL
Spanish B SL
Economics HL
Mathematics HL
Computer Science HL
And
Further Maths as an extra subject.

Personally, I want to go into pure Physics at university. I recommend everyone to look into doing the IB.

Reaction score
Am I the only one moving to the IB after this? Instead of doing over 5 A levels, I feel one should do the IB. Universities consider it a great challenge and they love IB students as they are well rounded.
I'm planning on taking:
Spanish B SL
Economics HL
Mathematics HL
Computer Science HL
And

Personally, I want to go into pure Physics at university. I recommend everyone to look into doing the IB.
Okay, no offense, but there is no preference for IB over A-level at any university in the world, not in the deepest corner, or the widest space, and anyone who believes in this "preferential advantage" is either a fool, maniac, unenlightened or all three.
I've said this to everyone and I'll say it again: There is no preference of over any board at all. AT ALL. Ask the universities, go to the websites, check with College Board, or UCAS, do whatever you wish. But do not spread misinformation, because not only does it sound stupid, it makes people look like promotional maniacs.

No preference. Equality.
The IB is only harder to some people because they force you to take 5-6 subjects, which puts coursework pressure. Take the same amount of subjects at A-level and you're on equal ground.

Reaction score
I'm planning on taking:
Spanish B SL
Economics HL
Mathematics HL
Computer Science HL
And

And you know what Universities consider a great challenge? An endeavor for knowledge, not money, opting for every scholarship programs, instead of paying the full fees, your endeavor to contribute to society, how many subjects you take at higher secondary, how many SAT subjects you give or how high you score on UKCAT/BMAT, etc., how much you volunteer, how far you're willing to go to get admission.
These are the true things that universities look for, instead of what board you're doing, or is harder, or is better.

Reaction score
Okay, no offense, but there is no preference for IB over A-level at any university in the world, not in the deepest corner, or the widest space, and anyone who believes in this "preferential advantage" is either a fool, maniac, unenlightened or all three.
I've said this to everyone and I'll say it again: There is no preference of over any board at all. AT ALL. Ask the universities, go to the websites, check with College Board, or UCAS, do whatever you wish. But do not spread misinformation, because not only does it sound stupid, it makes people look like promotional maniacs.

No preference. Equality.
The IB is only harder to some people because they force you to take 5-6 subjects, which puts coursework pressure. Take the same amount of subjects at A-level and you're on equal ground.

Please excuse yourself because no one gave you the right to call me or anyone recommending a board a "fool, maniac" or "unenlightened". I don't know who or what you think you are.
"Equal Ground", I think not. Someone at the IB is doing a lot more work than someone in A levels, regardless of the whether they take the same number of subjects or not. There are things which I'm sure your "unenlightened" brain wouldn't know of such as "Theory of Knowledge", "CAS" and the "Extended Essay" - all essential parts of the diploma- that have proved to make the IBDP a course that better prepares on for university.
I'm not sure if you can read English properly, but no where did I write that the IB gives you a "preferential advantage", I said that universities like IB students as they are well rounded. There is a difference.
"Misinformation"? Not once did I say 'You should take the IB Admissions officers will give you an advantage.' I simply recommended it. I guess you're the only "maniac" here then who can't understand simple english. Thank God you're not doing the IB (English is compulsory).

Reaction score
Please excuse yourself because no one gave you the right to call me or anyone recommending a board a "fool, maniac" or "unenlightened". I don't know who or what you think you are.
"Equal Ground", I think not. Someone at the IB is doing a lot more work than someone in A levels, regardless of the whether they take the same number of subjects or not. There are things which I'm sure your "unenlightened" brain wouldn't know of such as "Theory of Knowledge", "CAS" and the "Extended Essay" - all essential parts of the diploma- that have proved to make the IBDP a course that better prepares on for university.
I'm not sure if you can read English properly, but no where did I write that the IB gives you a "preferential advantage", I said that universities like IB students as they are well rounded. There is a difference.
"Misinformation"? Not once did I say 'You should take the IB Admissions officers will give you an advantage.' I simply recommended it. I guess you're the only "maniac" here then who can't understand simple english. Thank God you're not doing the IB (English is compulsory).

1. I'm doing English Language, and I dare you to find any error in my sentences. You can take your statement and shove it up your arse, because I'm about to prove you wrong.
2. My thread, my wish.
3. I said no offense, and I have every right.
4. I said if anyone takes the same amount of subjects at A-level would be on equal ground, do your research you douche. Take the papers and syllabus and compare them side by side, else no university would be ever give equal requirements to both IB and A-level. You have no proof of any of your statements, which is backed up by a credited university. Douche.
5. There is such a thing known as AICE Diploma. Google it. It is equivalent to the IBDP. Both these courses prepare people for university. Douche.
6. "Universities like IB students as they are well rounded" is by definition the example of the meaning of "preference".
7. "Universities consider it a great challenge and they love IB students as they are well rounded." is misinformation. Clearly you don't know what you've been writing.
8. Thank God you're not doing the AS/A-levels, common sense is compulsory.
9. You still sound like a promotional maniac.
10. There should have been a comma after "yourself".
11. There shouldn't have been a "then" in your second last sentence.
12. I said "unenlightened". It means unaware of a particular subject. It is not an insult. Look up a dictionary. I'm not insulting you, you're just insulting yourself.
One more thing, about your statement: "Am I the only one moving to the IB after this?"
Did you not see that I wrote about how I was curious about who were continuing in Cambridge? And if so, what will they be taking? If you thought that the IB students would be coming here and start listing their subjects, then you really are a fool, a maniac and unenlightened.