• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What is the meaning of this????

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
ok, so an easy word:

what does "Aqal" mean..?

and what is that cute Rubber ring thingy that Arab men wear on head called...?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
umm brains plus sense and well understanding

Aqal = intellect..

that ring thingy is called iqal....

Iqal used to be, in old days, a rope that arabs wd carry on their heads.. the purpose of which was to park the camel.... by tying two of camel's legs so it won't run away yet wd still b able to eat stuff frm the area nearby... It has same root as Aqal coz Aqal is also a means of restraint... to the arab aqal/intellect means you have control and restraint; you have control over your emotions that means you have ‘Aqal’.

'Aqal’ is a combination of both; where the mind processes things BUT doesn’t let the biases of the heart - whether it be anger, fear, hatred or greed; doesn’t let them get in the way. It keeps emotions in check and then makes the right decision. Allah says ‘Afala ta’qiloon’ then don’t you understand? On the one hand they read the book but their hearts are hard!

P.S. copied parts frm some notes I took... :D

Reaction score
Aqal = intellect..

that ring thingy is called iqal....

Iqal used to be, in old days, a rope that arabs wd carry on their heads.. the purpose of which was to park the camel.... by tying two of camel's legs so it won't run away yet wd still b able to eat stuff frm the area nearby... It has same root as Aqal coz Aqal is also a means of restraint... to the arab aqal/intellect means you have control and restraint; you have control over your emotions that means you have ‘Aqal’.

'Aqal’ is a combination of both; where the mind processes things BUT doesn’t let the biases of the heart - whether it be anger, fear, hatred or greed; doesn’t let them get in the way. It keeps emotions in check and then makes the right decision. Allah says ‘Afala ta’qiloon’ then don’t you understand? On the one hand they read the book but their hearts are hard!

P.S. copied parts frm some notes I took... :D
awesome... now i c how stupid my answers were :/

N.M

Reaction score
AsSalamu Alaikum wr wb

ok now to start up again.... here is a very easy one...

feel..??