• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Why Islamic Studies?

Reaction score
im not a muslim..and if ur saying such things bout a non-muslim..of course im gna intervene..cuz once i was in that guy's place..if u gna talk like this to someone,he surely wont be "enlighten"..and that admin SalmanPakRocks is just so rude..calling someone a loser makes urself a big loser.
Listen here. Would you tolerate such things against your religion, if you have one? Clearly, Islam means everything to me and he was offending Islamic teachings and ways! And moreover for your information, badrobot14 had explained everything, even after that, calling the teachings 'in-appropriate' is not right.

Reaction score
DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2011/06/nepali-women-victimized-in-muslim.html
http://www.speroforum.com/a/KIBGUFL...e-migrants-killed-by-poverty-and-exploitation
http://www.bestgore.com/beheading/nepalese-beheading-video-execution-12-workers-nepal/
Do not tell me that this represents only a small percentage of people, as I have had experience with Man Power companies and I can tell you, almost 90% of the time, our people are exploited by believers of Islam because they are NON BELIEVERS.

SalmanPak, why would you think the false claims made by Badrobot would manage to convince me, or anybody else for that matter. I can tell you that I have READ the highly accurate- direct translation of the Quran, and it does mention - Kill the Kafirs, Kill the infidels, Beat Women, Jihad- All your arguments are FLAWED as you either say that " I have been brainwashed by the media" or "the verses are taken out of context". Trust me, you cannot hide the truth- No matter what examples are explanations you give, the TRUTH IS OUT THERE.
Islam originally came about to get a bunch of war tribes together. "Allah" was an invention by the warlords to get the KNIAIVE, GULLIBLE soldiers to submit to their demands. Till this day, at a point when religion is LOSING its significance as people start to realise that there are much better things in life to do apart from worshiping a non-existant forces, you are so dellusional and gullible to believe that submitting to "Allah" and following his exact instructions will make you happy and get you virgins after you die. What a joke- you are sacrificing your freedom of speech, way of life + much more for NOTHING!
To conclude, I am sure as an outsider, you too would be critical of Islam and the values it promotes. You can now remove this thread, for my attempts to give you guys freedom and enlightenment has failed, and if you want to continue being delluded slaves to an outdated, violent philosphy, SO BE IT.
Your are so hopeless, It's pointless to 'argue' with you. You say Islam commands to kill the kafir, I must doubt that you have never even read Quran, If you had done so you would have known that even kill an animal without any reason is 'haram' i.e: 'Not allowed' for us.

Reaction score
I think you should re-read what I have posted , and remove your narrow minded perception of the world. We were not born merely to have our lives restricted by imaginary forces like so called gods. You have just been heavilty indoctrinated to believe that by submitting to "Allah", you will gain happiness. Furthermore, you are far too conservative and intollerant to accept ANY criticism against your religion. Even when I was being so discrete in my argument, you guys were INCREDIBLY angered. Well, in the 21st century, you should accept that people have freedom of speech, freedom of expression and freedom of beliefs.
That is because we people consider our religion everything, we love it more than anything, even our lives. And you call us narrow minded? (Look who's talking people, the person who doesn't even think about the exisitence of universe and things around us)
Exactly, we all have freedom of speech, but offending people in this way is not right.

Reaction score
Simply by looking around us. If you read what scientists think about the universe you'll find that no one knows its limits, its secrets were never unravelled and no one has a clear firm idea about how the universe came to existence. Scientists think that the universe came into existence just by luck. After the big bang the suggest that the solar system formed and the Earth happened to be in its strategic position that makes life possible, just by luck. And then cells started forming just by luck. consequently living organisms started developing just by luck. After that, as Charles Darwin suggests, random gene mutations turned apes into humans just by luck (I guess if anyone called him son of monkey he wouldn't feel offended!!!). The whole theory is based upon luck, random reactions and one of a kind chances.
Let me ask u some questions. What if the Earth was just 1 extra cm nearer the sun or further away from the sun? What if the sun was bigger or smaller? What if the temperature of the Earth hadn't dropped after it was formed? How can all the diversity we see come from a single cell formed in the ocean? How can someone possibly think that he is a monkey's cousin?!! How can youi proof all of those "lucky" theories? If all what we see today is a result of some lucky coincidence then I wish I would be as lucky as Earth!!
What we see, what's around us, the universe, our existence this complicated and sophistacated puzzel are all pieces of evidence that is a creator bigger than all of us. A creator with whose command you yourself came to life. The obvious and only answer to all of this is Allah swt.

Don't want to get too much into this but there's a lot of misinformation in this post about how science works.

A theory in scientific context is very different than the layman's definition. In scientific terms, there are no "facts" , there are only theories with various degrees of probability.

A particularly good definition is given at http://theoretical.askdefine.com/ From there;

"I
n scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch'', as it can in everyday speech. A theory is a logically self-consistent model
or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from or is supported by experiment
al evidence (see scientific method).
In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations, and is predictive, logic
al, and testable. In principle, scientific theories are always tentative, and subject to corrections or inclusion in a yet wider theory. Commonly, many more specific hypotheses
may be logically bound together by just one or two theories. As a rule for use of the term, theories tend to deal with much broader sets of universals than do hypotheses, which ordinarily deal with much more specific sets of phenomena or specific applications of a theory."

Example would be Newton's law of gravity. in laymen's terms, gravity could be called both a theory and a fact. Same with evolution. Trying to deny that evolution occurs would be like trying to deny that gravity exists.

Reaction score
Example would be Newton's law of gravity. in laymen's terms, gravity could be called both a theory and a fact. Same with evolution. Trying to deny that evolution occurs would be like trying to deny that gravity exists.

evolution does happen but not in the way proposed by darwin.. im pretty sure my ancestors wernt monkeys and that thers no way all those species originated from a single cell that existed just by luck at the bottom of the ocean!! evolution occurs but not in that way

Reaction score
http://www.speroforum.com/a/KIBGUFL...e-migrants-killed-by-poverty-and-exploitation
http://www.bestgore.com/beheading/nepalese-beheading-video-execution-12-workers-nepal/
Do not tell me that this represents only a small percentage of people, as I have had experience with Man Power companies and I can tell you, almost 90% of the time, our people are exploited by believers of Islam because they are NON BELIEVERS.

SalmanPak, why would you think the false claims made by Badrobot would manage to convince me, or anybody else for that matter. I can tell you that I have READ the highly accurate- direct translation of the Quran, and it does mention - Kill the Kafirs, Kill the infidels, Beat Women, Jihad- All your arguments are FLAWED as you either say that " I have been brainwashed by the media" or "the verses are taken out of context". Trust me, you cannot hide the truth- No matter what examples are explanations you give, the TRUTH IS OUT THERE.
Islam originally came about to get a bunch of war tribes together. "Allah" was an invention by the warlords to get the KNIAIVE, GULLIBLE soldiers to submit to their demands. Till this day, at a point when religion is LOSING its significance as people start to realise that there are much better things in life to do apart from worshiping a non-existant forces, you are so dellusional and gullible to believe that submitting to "Allah" and following his exact instructions will make you happy and get you virgins after you die. What a joke- you are sacrificing your freedom of speech, way of life + much more for NOTHING!
To conclude, I am sure as an outsider, you too would be critical of Islam and the values it promotes. You can now remove this thread, for my attempts to give you guys freedom and enlightenment has failed, and if you want to continue being delluded slaves to an outdated, violent philosphy, SO BE IT.

Being critical is fine. Calling people "deluded slaves to an outdated, violent philosophy" and giving them "freedom and enlightenment" however, is not. It is incredibly condescending and patronizing to suggest that you are superior to someone because of your beliefs or the lack of.

You may have had some bad experience with muslims, doesn't mean they were so because of their religion, or nationality or their gender for the matter. They were just contemptible people, end of.

Reaction score

Islam is clearly not what you've described here you illiterate ignorant person. At least get your facts right before dissing off other people. I would give you clear examples and evidences relating to how it is NOT what you've blindly garbaged out here [without actually bothering to even check if any of your so called 'facts' are right] but seeing as it won't really help I'm not going to waste my time. Moreover, a small minority does NOT represent the whole population you dim witted chauvinist. If that was so, then that would mean every country consists only of rapists, thieves and murderers, is that not so? For every country has the same crimes as the other. THAT does not represent an ENTIRE population, I repeat again.
But since, nothing right is gong to actually enter that thick skull of yours that's only filled with 'facts' that are not even remotely close to the truth, I'm just going to say, Go. Die.
Not just because you you're an ignorant illiterate idiot.
Not just because you just completely INSULTED my religion in a disgusting distorted way.
Not just because you just struck a nerve to the point where I ACTUALLY feel like making you go through all that torture you just said 'Muslims' do.
But because of your failed attempt at trying to deceive countless other people [though I doubt anyone with even a teensy bit of common sense actually believed you]. WE at least, have the decency to respect other religions instead of dissing them off pointlessly because that's what Islam has taught us. But hey, you wouldn't really know that because you don't really know anything about the Islam we're talking about.

May Allah guide you and all people like you, to the right path and give you a mind that actually works.
[Aameen]

I apologize if I offended any one else here, and badrobot14 XPFMember I apologize for such an emotional response. I honestly did not mean to sound as brutal and angry as I ended up sounding, but erm I'm not going to apologize for a single word I've written. I may be wrong for being so crude but I really hope you don't remove this post.
Thank you!

Reaction score
I won't give you any link or chik-chag you with anything. No, not the attachments either. But, I'll say one thing:

To my personal and most educated opinion, TheNepalWarior, I think you're strongly under Medias influence and I'll regard you as a pessimistic rather than optimistic. Why? Because you're bringing something up which is unnecessary and not true and your weak knowledge about is pissing me off!

I feel Islam is a very regimented religion, forcing its followers to conform to strict guidelines on how to lead their own lives- every aspect of life is instructed in Islam without any proper logic but is rather based heavily on brainwashing and DOs and DON'Ts. FATWA, BURKHA, WIFE BEATING,KAFIR,INFIDELS,MADRASSA, JIHAD, BLASPHEMY, and MYTHS considered as truth etc; all these are the hallmarks of Islam.
D0's and Dont's:
I don't want to go rob a bank.
I want to help people.
I have to respect other religions.
I don't have to disobey my parents.
Do you think these 'do's and dont's' are wrong, TheNepakWarior?
We believe in the hereafter world and we strongly believe in our Holy Book and it requires us to do certain things which will be our 'ticket' to heavens. You believe in the same thing too - shoot me if I'm wrong.
Wife beating:
That comes under education. Lack of education results in that and not Islam. Get your facts right before you spit anything out.
Madrassa:
Quit your school if it's bothering you that much.
Jihad:
It's definitely not what you think it is. People wrongly interpret it by thinking it's fighting. It's peace. Jihad is raising your weapon the third time after you've been warned.
I won't go any further.
Here's how you know if a person is a Muslim - if you speak shit about Islam and he makes you sit down and make you understand politely.. he's the real Muslim.
As I said, get your facts right before you spit something out. :)

Reaction score
evolution does happen but not in the way proposed by darwin.. im pretty sure my ancestors wernt monkeys and that thers no way all those species originated from a single cell that existed by luck at the bottom of the ocean!! evolution occurs but not in that way

Nowhere in his work does he say humans came from monkeys. Saying we come from monkeys is like saying you are the child of your cousin.

Closer to the facts is that monkeys, humans and apes had a common ancestor which was neither a monkey nor a human or an ape.

Reaction score
I won't give you any link or chik-chag you with anything. No, not the attachments either. But, I'll say one thing:

To my personal and most educated opinion, TheNepalWarior, I think you're strongly under Medias influence and I'll regard you as a pessimistic rather than optimistic. Why? Because you're bringing something up which is unnecessary and not true and your weak knowledge about is pissing me off!

D0's and Dont's:
I don't want to go rob a bank.
I want to help people.
I have to respect other religions.
I don't have to disobey my parents.
Do you think these 'do's and dont's' are wrong, TheNepakWarior?
We believe in the hereafter world and we strongly believe in our Holy Book and it requires us to do certain things which will be our 'ticket' to heavens. You believe in the same thing too - shoot me if I'm wrong.
Wife beating:
That comes under education. Lack of education results in that and not Islam. Get your facts right before you spit anything out.
Madrassa:
Quit your school if it's bothering you that much.
Jihad:
It's definitely not what you think it is. People wrongly interpret it by thinking it's fighting. It's peace. Jihad is raising your weapon the third time after you've been warned.
I won't go any further.
Here's how you know if a person is a Muslim - if you speak shit about Islam and he makes you sit down and make you understand politely.. he's the real Muslim.
As I said, get your facts right before you spit something out. :)

That is what the previous users have been trying to do, but that would work if a person actually HAD the decency to listen and actually ponder upon both sides of the coin. Do not say only a real muslim would make him/her sit down and understand politely because a few people are a bit more hot headed than others. On the contrary, yes Islam does teach us to control our anger, but that again is a whole different thing.

Killing innocent people in the name of Allah is NOT Jihad. That's murder, again something Islam does NOT teach us. :)

Reaction score
Nowhere in his work does he say humans came from monkeys. Saying we come from monkeys is like saying you are the child of your cousin.

Closer to the facts is that monkeys, humans and apes had a common ancestor which was neither a monkey nor a human or an ape.

the point is there is an ape-like ancestor or whatever its called.. its humiliating (let alone irrational) to think that humans r the cousins of apes..

Reaction score
That is what the previous users have been trying to do, but that would work if a person actually HAD the decency to listen and actually ponder upon both sides of the coin. Do not say only a real muslim would make him/her sit down and understand politely because a few people are a bit more hot headed than others. On the contrary, yes Islam does teach us to control our anger, but that again is a whole different thing.

Killing innocent people in the name of Allah is NOT Jihad. That's murder, again something Islam does NOT teach us. :)

Million apologies. I decided to reply as soon as I read his version of Madrassa aka Schools. Plus, the part about the real Muslim. I won't edit it as I really want him to read where this thing is going and I hope he understands.

Reaction score
the point is there is an ape-like ancestor or whatever its called.. its humiliating (let alone irrational) to think that humans r the cousins of apes..

Reality doesn't take our feelings into equation.

Besides I think gorillas are pretty cool tbh.

Reaction score
Million apologies. I decided to reply as soon as I read his version of Madrassa aka Schools. Plus, the part about the real Muslim. I won't edit it as I really want him to read where this thing is going and I hope he understands.
No problem. Though you know what they say, pointless to argue with a stupid person. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Although if he does actually believe you, then hats off to you and everyone else who actually convinced him.

Reaction score
No problem. Though you know what they say, pointless to argue with a stupid person. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Although if he does actually believe you, then hats off to you and everyone else who actually convinced him.
Every person is great. Don't underestimate a mind of a champion. I'm pretty sure he's wise enough to understand and change his beliefs. I don't require any hats off or anything else. I just want him to understand where he has been wrong. Everyone makes mistakes.

Reaction score
Reality doesn't take our feelings into equation.

Besides I think gorillas are pretty cool tbh.

then u must like kingkong :p !!! anyway its ur opinion and im not and never will be convinced.. i believe that man was created and wasnt the result of random mutaions and u clearly believe the opposite, so lets just leave this whole evolution debate alone ok?