• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ATTENTION PLEASE -- All Muslim Brothers and Sisters

Reaction score
just take it this way, if u had a soul mate (halaal ofcoz) and she wud be feeling bad wen u spoke to other girls, not out of jealousy but out of love for u, wunt u stop for her?
dont u know that Allah loves a person 70 times more than their own mother? so if u can stop bcz another human tells u, why cant u stop for Allah, ur Rabb??

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
what does non maharam means ???
Allah(S.W.T) gave a list:
"Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters, your [milk] mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives' mothers, and your step-daughters under your guardianship [born] of your wives unto whom you have gone in. But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And [also prohibited are] the wives of your sons who are from your [own] loins, and that you take [in marriage] two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful." (4:23)
All these are a man's Mahrams (meaning they are prohibited for marriage)
anyone outside of this list is Na-Mahram.... a man is allowed to marry them.

Reaction score
Allah(S.W.T) gave a list:
"Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father's sisters, your mother's sisters, your brother's daughters, your sister's daughters, your [milk] mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives' mothers, and your step-daughters under your guardianship [born] of your wives unto whom you have gone in. But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And [also prohibited are] the wives of your sons who are from your [own] loins, and that you take [in marriage] two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful." (4:23)
All these are a man's Mahrams (meaning they are prohibited for marriage)
anyone outside of this list is Na-Mahram.... a man is allowed to marry them.

ya i apreaciate all this dude !

but man am a girl ! lol :p

thx ;)

Reaction score
it depends on many factors not so simple to make a conclusion. bad pole!
i think its perfectly fine to talk communicate and have fun by maintaning deccency modesty not being cheap or vulgar. the communication between the opposite sex is unavoidable and very vital for survival. this is not even a issue of importance, better focus on core issues. all what matters is ur intention and on'e beliefs......

Reaction score
well so you are mahram to these male relations of yours and they are your mahrams... Common sense says if you are prohibited for them then they are prohibited for you... :p
lol ya man i know! i have some of tht common sense !
lol just wonderin y yo guyz think ama guy lolol
haha peace yo !

Reaction score
it depends on many factors not so simple to make a conclusion. bad pole!
i think its perfectly fine to talk communicate and have fun by maintaning deccency modesty not being cheap or vulgar. the communication between the opposite sex is unavoidable and very vital for survival. this is not even a issue of importance, better focus on core issues. all what matters is ur intention and on'e beliefs......

At the time of ignorance, when the Prophet came and showed them some light, his ashab could have said to 'in this era, it is vital to drink and dance and worship idols, we will b lost without , ya Rasulallah, what r u asking from us?' But did they? Ppl like Salman, left Iran, his father, his kingdom, his home, with what reason? To search for the truth.. and he never even knew the Prophet, yet he accepted Islam at his hands... wasnt all that he left behind important to him? Was it wajib? Yes, bcz it wajib to search for the truth but did he say my family is vital? It wasnt for Allah or for the Prophet bcz he dint know them then, but it was bcz he knew he had to do it to get to what he wanted...

Our mere purpose in life, as stated in the first post of this thread, is the pleasure or the Creator and not the creation... if u truly want to attain His pleasure, stoping dicussion with a non mahram wont b hard..
U never know, it myt just start with hi-bye but then eventually, thts the matchstick that burns the entire town... seems harmless at first, but the damage it doea... is that matchstick really worth the effect?

Reaction score
At the time of ignorance, when the Prophet came and showed them some light, his ashab could have said to 'in this era, it is vital to drink and dance and worship idols, we will b lost without , ya Rasulallah, what r u asking from us?' But did they? Ppl like Salman, left Iran, his father, his kingdom, his home, with what reason? To search for the truth.. and he never even knew the Prophet, yet he accepted Islam at his hands... wasnt all that he left behind important to him? Was it wajib? Yes, bcz it wajib to search for the truth but did he say my family is vital? It wasnt for Allah or for the Prophet bcz he dint know them then, but it was bcz he knew he had to do it to get to what he wanted...

Our mere purpose in life, as stated in the first post of this thread, is the pleasure or the Creator and not the creation... if u truly want to attain His pleasure, stoping dicussion with a non mahram wont b hard..
U never know, it myt just start with hi-bye but then eventually, thts the matchstick that burns the entire town... seems harmless at first, but the damage it doea... is that matchstick really worth the effect?
yes it is worth it. How did great ladies like Hz Ayesha and Hz Khadija were so prominent and contributed a lot towards islam. Hz Khadija being a successful trades person, Hz Ayesha reporting many hadis and having great understanding of fiqah. hadis etc. how would they have done that without a communication with all sort of people? ladies brought dre personal problems to Prophet pbuh and he guided them cared for them. what's wrong in dat, u guys misunderstand things and r unable to extract the true meaning from the quotes n all caz we r not deeply studying them..nothing at all wrong in talk if its in limits. plus u cnt do anything for weak minded people who dnt have a fixed mindset nd people who r not sure about dre own true character. pity on them

Reaction score
yes it is worth it. How did great ladies like Hz Ayesha and Hz Khadija were so prominent and contributed a lot towards islam. Hz Khadija being a successful trades person, Hz Ayesha reporting many hadis and having great understanding of fiqah. hadis etc. how would they have done that without a communication with all sort of people? ladies brought dre personal problems to Prophet pbuh and he guided them cared for them. what's wrong in dat, u guys misunderstand things and r unable to extract the true meaning from the quotes n all caz we r not deeply studying them..nothing at all wrong in talk if its in limits. plus u cnt do anything for weak minded people who dnt have a fixed mindset nd people who r not sure about dre own true character. pity on them

Hello! No personal offence, but here, u r very very mistaken... do u hav, any idea who the ladies were?? They were the wives of Rasulallah... and they had other MAHRAM who wud comunicate to the non mahram FOR them... they had NO contact at ALL with non Mahram... infact, the Holy Lady Fatimah says, 'it is better for a woman, to see no man and no man sees her' if a child says this, how can u say her mother did otherwise? This is a direct insult to the wives of the Prophet... the discussion here is abt vain fun talk with na mahram, they dint wven let non mahram SEE them.

Reaction score
Hello! No personal offence, but here, u r very very mistaken... do u hav, any idea who the ladies were?? They were the wives of Rasulallah... and they had other MAHRAM who wud comunicate to the non mahram FOR them... they had NO contact at ALL with non Mahram... infact, the Holy Lady Fatimah says, 'it is better for a woman, to see no man and no man sees her' if a child says this, how can u say her mother did otherwise? This is a direct insult to the wives of the Prophet... the discussion here is abt vain fun talk with na mahram, they dint wven let non mahram SEE them.
Hi, No further comments as i lack the deep study in it. plus we got to take the guidance from prophet ways nd his wives ways too.
bottom line for now is dat everything is fare in talking with girls.

Reaction score
No further comments as i lack the deep study in it. plus we got to take the guidance from prophet ways nd his wives ways too.
bottom line for now is dat everything is fare in talking with girls.

I dint mean to offend u in anyway, n if i did, im really sorry... its just that ur postcould has mislead ppl so i had to point out.. i meant no offense
bottom line... thats yet to come bcz i dont think anyone wants to end this conv ryt now...

Reaction score
I dint mean to offend u in anyway, n if i did, im really sorry... its just that ur postcould has mislead ppl so i had to point out.. i meant no offense
bottom line... thats yet to come bcz i dont think anyone wants to end this conv ryt now...
if disagreeing with any1's point of view in ur dictionary means offending the other person then yes i was offeneded. dats the way i talk. might look aggressive to u but its not. u r my sweet friend and dre is no problem if u contradict with my ideas. dats the beauty of an argument n discussion.no need to be sorry for anything. yeah i felt the same for some part of your post and many people's post here dat it cud mislead the people. serving the same purpose dude :p
dat was the temporary bottomline for ME until i get time to research on this issue..

Reaction score

What is really amazing . . . is . . . how you type such essays just for the sake proving YOUR point of view better than others! :p

Rvi: I agree that it has almost become impossible... But Allah ne keh diya... To aur kisi ki na suno :)
Dayyanah: I appreciate your knowledge in Islam's past . . . but i can assure you . . . you must have chatted with a male KNOWING it's wrong [within the past month maybe]

Once again: I am not one to be talking . . . but i, too, am just sharing my view on yours ;)

Reaction score
Dayyanah: I appreciate your knowledge in Islam's past . . . but i can assure you . . . you must have chatted with a male KNOWING it's wrong [within the past month maybe]

Once again: I am not one to be talking . . . but i, too, am just sharing my view on yours ;)

yeah sharing 'personal' view though... but ill say this.. if u had said past 2 years, i wud have agreed with u.. past mont? nah.. i wunt evn agree with past year... however Allah is the best judge :)

its hard.. its very hard.. i study at a mixed school, n i try not to even laugh wen a guy crackes a joke.. it was very difficult at the begining, but it wasnt immpossible.. n if u really want to do something, for the pleasure of Allah, he makes it easier for u... honestly.. n ull c, eventually ull get soo used to not mingling, that u will forget the opposite gender even exists, but do tht only aftr u get a soul mate bcz if it b4, astaghfirullah, u myt end up doing worse...

Reaction score
What is really amazing . . . is . . . how you type such essays just for the sake proving YOUR point of view better than others! :p

Rvi: I agree that it has almost become impossible... But Allah ne keh diya... To aur kisi ki na suno :)

dats foolish yar, u really need to get some life ;). what else wud u say after watching the length of the essay rather then content.....
i m not here to prove anything, just presenting my ideas. i m here to learn from this healthy discussion. i m not rigid in my views, dnt know about the other person. i remember ur essays on useless topics as well. ur fingers bang quite hard on the keyboard at gaming threads. haha jk! ;)

coming to the topic again: i m not sure Allah nay kin situations kay liye yeh kaha hay, or kis context me kaha hay. its not easy to extract the true meaning out of a hadees or a quranic quote sometimes. u need to go deep in tafsir n all. plus how would it look wrong in any way if u maintain a neat and clean relationship with a girl. so i need to search on it.

this can go on and on. i m leaving this thread now. gotta study!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
what's wrong in dat, u guys misunderstand things and r unable to extract the true meaning from the quotes n all caz we r not deeply studying them..nothing at all wrong in talk if its in limits.

assalamoalaikum wr wb!
well the thing is, you really gotta go and check out the Quran and Hadith, if you think what said here is wrong... :( first do that, and then go on telling we are wrong, if you got sound evidences...
yes it is worth it. How did great ladies like Hz Ayesha and Hz Khadija were so prominent and contributed a lot towards islam. Hz Khadija being a successful trades person, Hz Ayesha reporting many hadis and having great understanding of fiqah. hadis etc. how would they have done that without a communication with all sort of people?
We are misunderstanding or 'you'? why r u quoting out of context? Did they hang around for fun (naouzubillah)?
I think it's hazrat Fatimah (may Allah be pleased with her) that she said k take my janazah in the darkness of the night so non-mahram cant see her being taken!

plus u cnt do anything for weak minded people who dnt have a fixed mindset nd people who r not sure about dre own true character. pity on them
thnx for that comment .....but plz..we got not much time, whatever u say to us...but kindly do have a check ....what Allah says..! I wont mind whatever you call...
It's ones responsibility to inform others when they see wrong happening, and its kinda wrong keeping quiet, and keeping ur ownself away..
this thread was created to make others aware..!

and u said abt the poll is useless..! this was to see what ppl feel!

On a closing note, my humble request, kindly approach some knowledgeable scholars, and confirm ur thinking that there is no wrong chatting with them for mere time pass..! i hope u will trust what they say..
Thanks..
may Allah guide u and help u in ur deen and dunya...Aameen
may Allah guide us all too and help in our deen and dunya...aameen!!

Reaction score
dats foolish yar, u really need to get some life ;). what else wud u say after watching the length of the essay rather then content.....
i m not here to prove anything, just presenting my ideas. i m here to learn from this healthy discussion. i m not rigid in my views, dnt know about the other person. i remember ur essays on useless topics as well. ur fingers bang quite hard on the keyboard at gaming threads. haha jk! ;)

coming to the topic again: i m not sure Allah nay kin situations kay liye yeh kaha hay, or kis context me kaha hay. its not easy to extract the true meaning out of a hadees or a quranic quote sometimes. u need to go deep in tafsir n all. plus how would it look wrong in any way if u maintain a neat and clean relationship with a girl. so i need to search on it.

this can go on and on. i m leaving this thread now. gotta study!
@foolish: all your influence boss :p
@content: i read it but it pretty much concluded the same each time :p
@my essays: i think you need to get some life AND a pair of glasses :) i never wrote anything as big as that :p

@Tafsir: agreed (finally) :p
@Wrong: I thought the same way BUT it is very clear that a relationship is Haraam no matter how clean and neat it is :D :p

OK Salam :p

yeah sharing 'personal' view though... but ill say this.. if u had said past 2 years, i wud have agreed with u.. past mont? nah.. i wunt evn agree with past year... however Allah is the best judge :)

its hard.. its very hard.. i study at a mixed school, n i try not to even laugh wen a guy crackes a joke.. it was very difficult at the begining, but it wasnt immpossible.. n if u really want to do something, for the pleasure of Allah, he makes it easier for u... honestly.. n ull c, eventually ull get soo used to not mingling, that u will forget the opposite gender even exists, but do tht only aftr u get a soul mate bcz if it b4, astaghfirullah, u myt end up doing worse...
If what you say is true . . . I am amazed!
You are studying in a mixed school yet you manage to stay away from the opposite gender for Allah's pleasure.
Congrats. You accomplished what is impossible for many :p