• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology ATP; DiscussiOn

Reaction score
syed is ryt jezla that was wat i got confused about too...i wrote insect but then changed it to wind afterwards cuz of that diagram...(remember i asked for extra paper?)

Reaction score
Syed Ali said:
@ jezla: the confusing thing was not the wide petals but the presence of stigma inside the flower. stigme should be outside if it is wind pollinated but when I saw the next diagram ,i decided it to be wind due to presence of many stigmas of feathery structure and long anthers
yeah true but the very first showed the stamen and carpel to be within the flower so i assumed it to be insect pollinated but am not sure. chk wit othrs too.

Reaction score
@ james smith: The anthers of insect pollinated flower in oct/nov 2006 paper are very short but this flower has very long anthers

Reaction score
INSECT POLLINATED IS CORRECT
FOR WIND STIGMA IS FEATHERY NO PETALS ANTHERS OUTSIDE FLOWER
AND IT WAS A PEA PLANT WHICH IS AN INSECT POLLINATED

Reaction score
yaar i think it was insect pollinated as in wind pollinated mostly the anthers and pollens are not present inside the fruit and feathery carpel means that it causes the pollen grain to stick to it!!!!!

Reaction score
yea it was a line graph.....i guess the curve wud also b ryt cox in mrk schemes its written k they xcpt both until it is specidfied in the question wt 2 draw

Reaction score
n tat flower was insect pollinated...james smith is ryt...in d.g mackene the same labelled flower is thr

Reaction score
in tat inheritance ques...for tat cnclusion part i wrote k there r more ppl wid free ear lobes thn attachd...n mentions abt discntinuous variation thng
the ratio was cuming out 2 b 3:1
n thn in the next part in wich v had 2 tll sthg abt tis ratio(dun remembr the ques xctly)...i wrote k it tells us abt the genotyp ov most ov the population n furthr cnfrms k inheritnce ov tis charactr ix only dpndent upon genes n nt environmnt

are tese ryt 2 sum xtent????hw much cn i score in tese parts????

Reaction score
Last Q was tricky... measuring thickness of milk was smething new. but the best Q was checking our ear lobes. This Q really enlightened my mood.

Reaction score
ya i guess it was the style stigma n ovary which u had to count n then draw.there were 9 right.

Reaction score
We had to make 2 diagrams and evevn then there was no MAgnification!! Lolzz

Reaction score
I thought my paper went 100% right, but now i've found a mistake :(
i labelled on only sepal nd forgot to label the carpel,

Reaction score
ppl o wrote in the last ques that the pH would remain almost constant or change negligibly bcoz the yoghart formation is complete...and the action of bacteria has slowed down...almost stopped...no more lactose is present thus ph would'nt fall...and i guess this is the correct answer...

Reaction score
@Everyone who say that flower was wind pollinated: The flower was insect pollinated because the petals were broad and large. Plus, the filaments of Stamen were short and the stigma wasn't feathery in that picture. We didn't need to follow the feathery carpel in the next part's diagram.