• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY 22. HOW IS IT??

Reaction score
etcetraetcetra said:
Please tell me what was the empirical formula was it C1.5 H3 O and molecular mass was 74 so the molecular mass was double of that right? please say yes :?

well i think molecular formula should never be in decimals like C1.5 H3 O... So i multiplied the equation bt 2 and got C3H6O2... and this was the same as used further with MR 74...

Reaction score
intel1993 said:
Shafaque said:
i wrote double bond as condition

btw is si02 a semi conductor or a non-conductor =S

i wrote the same and it is the rght answer.....................btw si02 was conductor in solid....but a non condutor in molten...

so ans was no due to non presence of mobile electrons....

Reaction score
Yap it was C3H6O2. same Mr:74 !

Nah.. Only aldehyde was a product of oxidation with Hot conc.KMnO4.. U could write either an aldehyde or carboxylic acid.. u will get the marks !

Reaction score
okie thanks i know that empirical formula is never in decimals you are right but since i was getting the same answer for both i thought i must do something different how many marks will i lose do you think?

Reaction score
so what was the final molecular formula? also tell me how many marks was the question with the black thingy and the last few parts of the last question with the structural formula and whether it is s or something else etc. so i can calculate the max no of marks i may lose

Reaction score
final formula= C3h6o2......

2 matks for balck substance part.....

then ans was S................

Reaction score
sorry to bother again but i think my reason is wrong i said that s looks like a carboxylic acids+ that alchohol i gave is also wrong so how many marks worth were these questions?

Reaction score
For sio2 did we have to tell abt its conductivity in solid form or in molten form

Reaction score
about the molten MgO and SiO2. i said that MgO conducts elec in the molten state. Cause of free ions. <<<< will this score me 2 out of 4 marks?

Reaction score
TravisMcDee said:
breeze511 said:
was the last question is what's the condition for polymerization.i m not sure about my variation
condiotions ? please any one ?

The condition I think was that "There has to be a carbon-carbon double bond in order for polymerization to take place"

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:

Nah.. Only aldehyde was a product of oxidation with Hot conc.KMnO4.. U could write either an aldehyde or carboxylic acid.. u will get the marks !

Oh bhai.. whenever an alkene is heated with "HOT CONC. KMn04.. CH2= Oxidises completely to C02 and h20... R-CH2= to the corresponding Carboxylic Acid So the complete answer would've been.. CO2 + H20+ CH3COOH

Reaction score
8as4as said:
ashhadazam said:

Oh bhai.. whenever an alkene is heated with "HOT CONC. KMn04.. CH2= Oxidises completely to C02 and h20... R-CH2= to the corresponding Carboxylic Acid So the complete answer would've been.. CO2 + H20+ CH3COOH

You are right.. CO2, H2O and Carboxylic acid is formed... but sirf ORGANIC PRODUCT likhna tha that is Carboxylic acid..

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:

I got the wrong answer just because I converted celsius in kelvin wrong!!!! How many marks would i lose in that? Will there be e.c.f 4 the next part? :(

Reaction score
I have seen somewhere in marking scheme,.. thy mark even the aldehyde correct.. anyways U only had to write the organic product not co2 and h20