• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hey do we have corporate culture in as level. if yes, then can someone plz explain me????

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm so sorry it took this long
here's the file with the revision questions. hope you find them usleful. :)
oh and i'm afraid there's no written marking scheme of them, so if you have any doubts go right ahead and ask! :)
all the best to all of you. :D

Attachments

• Revision Question.docx
    14.6 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Advantages of a family business:
- initial costs and losses are easily shared.
- later success benefits the family as a whole.
- enables the family to be togther.
- family members may trust each other more than the outsiders.
- family can help and are inexpensive during the developement period.
- family wants the opportunity to help the business as it benefits the family as a whole.
- flexible hours, days and pay are attractive to family members initially, using minimum resources.
- the business brings family back together.
- family members join the family venture because they're frustrated with their current work place and environment.

Disadvantages of a family business:
- largely interpersonal issues; experience role reversals.
- resentment can build if a family member isn't adequately challenged and rewarded.
- issues concerning power, rivalry and jealousy are common between family members.
- taking in consideration a family member's personal interests, skills, experience and training when assigning areas of responsibility.
- defining, exactly, each family member's area of responsibilty.
- defining who each family member is accountable to, and for.
- determining compensation structures (salaries, bonuses and equity stakes).
- determining how problems will be solved.

if you have problem understanding any of them, feel free to ask. :)
Thanks maryam but i dont get the disadvantages :( is it given in any book? And any expected topics ?

Reaction score
hey do we have corporate culture in as level. if yes, then can someone plz explain me????

yes, we do.
corporate culture is the same as you'd define the word 'culture', i-e the behavior, attitudes, working habits of the staff and also managerial or leadership styles with and organization.

Reaction score
yes, we do.
corporate culture is the same as you'd define the word 'culture', i-e the behavior, attitudes, working habits of the staff and also managerial or leadership styles with and organization.
Also corporate culture is a very important factor when choosing an appropriate style of leadership...........hope this may help u to understand....and thanks for clearing my doubt...:))

Reaction score
what are the importance of disciplinary procedure under HRM?? actually i didnt get wat diciplinary procedure actually mean

Reaction score
what are the importance of disciplinary procedure under HRM?? actually i didnt get wat diciplinary procedure actually mean
Disclipinary procedures means the the hr department needs to discipline the human resource before dismissing them.....only then the dismissal is said to be fair...thus extra training might be provided by the dept........:)

Reaction score
I understood what value added actualy means. Bt can sumone give me an appropriate definition. plzzz

Reaction score
My preparation for the exam tomorrow is quite awful. Are there any things I should be concentrating on more than others? Help is appreciated!

Reaction score
y
My preparation for the exam tomorrow is quite awful. Are there any things I should be concentrating on more than others? Help is appreciated!

yes! i would say concentrate most on operations management (stock control), business objectives, size of the business wala chapter, market segmentation and market research, motivational theories (questions on these would usually require some relation shown to leadership styles and employee performance as well), HR management (especially for new businesses) and cash flow forecasts! once done with these move on to the other topics.
hope it helped! :)

Reaction score
1. Evaluate the factors that the owners of a rapidly expanding pvt would consider before deciding whether to apply for a conversion to a plc. HELP?

Reaction score
3.(a) How would you ensure that all members of an organization are working towards the achievement of the same objective?