• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS PHYSICS PAPER 2 AS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
what did you do for experiments people? i used a tuning fork experiment on the water level and we can observe the resonance by adjusting the tuning fork, the first sound heard would denote that a first harmonic stationary wave is created which is 1/4 th of wavelength and hence showed how to caculate it

Reaction score
:| i wrote that the equation didnt factor in energy released as mass
for the experiment i did the loudspeaker into tube and dust piles thing
distance between dust piles is 1/2lambda

Reaction score
IMO Oct/Nov was relatively easier than the paper we had today. The gt for Oct/Nov was 30. This paper was very time consuming and tricky. :|

Reaction score
i still remember
speed was 340
wavelenght was 0.34! and hence 1000
Actually, it was a stationary wave, since it told you to label node and antinodes earlier. In a stationary wave, length b/w 3 nodes is wavelength, not 2. 0.34 cm was distance between 2 nodes, and half wavelength. Trust me, I made the same mistake initially. Wavelength was 68.5 cm, so 340/68.5x10-2 =496 Hz.

Reaction score
Actually, it was a stationary wave, since it told you to label node and antinodes earlier. In a stationary wave, length b/w 3 nodes is wavelength, not 2. 0.34 cm was distance between 2 nodes, and half wavelength. Trust me, I made the same mistake initially. Wavelength was 68.5 cm, so 340/68.5x10-2 =496 Hz.

In a stationary wave, the distance between successive nodes and antinodes is lambda/2 while that between a node and an antinode is lambda/4.