• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOWS YOUR PREP GOIN????

Reaction score
Bloodlines said:
How many Quranic verses or hadith we need to quote for a 10 marks question in Islamiyat?

I think 1 quranic verse and 1 hadith is all you require writing too many of quotations is not that good also so this much is enough.but if you incidentally remember a very small quotation write it but dont play with time after all it will be your enemy. :mrgreen: ;)

Reaction score
Well i am much worried about the realization which my teacger had gave me that islamiyat is a tough subject and one must know good techniques for writing a answer. So Is there anyone who would help me in pointing out these techniques.

Reaction score
Bloodlines, do not panic just because your teacher thinks it's a TOUGH subject.
Do one thing, check the syllabus, read from recommended books and then solve past papers and check your answer with C.I.E's marking scheme.

BTW I am really very nervous too. =s

Reaction score
Well do all of your class mates think that your teacher is good i have this same teacher who keeps saying that its tough and this and that but dont worry they think there scaring will make you learn this all but it makes you scared and frightened.You already must have started prep right and must be following a syllabus of CIE after you have done the whole syllabus you should attempt past papers dont be frightened just think its an ordinary question and you know the answer.when you write the answer check through CIE mark scheme and tally that your answer has these points.The only hard thing is to remember sayings write sayings down on a paper and learn them in free time.Well you could also write your answer on the forum and we all would check it and point mistakes if they are any.For the first time you will have many mistakes but dont worry youll learn by doin the past papers.Also use the Examiner report of CIE which tells about what students who gave paper found difficult and did not answer well.So here you go any queries please ask.

Reaction score
I usually prefer Quranic injunctions over the Hadis of the Prophet, cuz the Quran is Divine. I have like a small booklet, and it gets updated every time i study with the quotations. I am also learning their references, i.e. their numbers. I know, for those of you who didnt do that up till now, it will seem like a menace to start now, but its what i heard that it gives a positive influence.
For the topics of : Articles of Faith and Pillars Of Islam.
What i found useful was to search for the Past Paper Questions on them, write down their answers from marking schemes. And check the book for quotations which could fit the points of the marking schemes.
For example: Q. How is this fast important? [8]
A. It is a pillar of Islam.
It is an obligatory act.
It is a gift which the believer gives to Allah.
The Quran was revealed in Ramadan.

Now for the 2,3 points, i found this injunction usefull: "Ramadan is the month in which was revealed the Quran as a guide..."[2]. It covers both points: 1. Quran was revealed. 2. Should spend the month in fasting, as gratitude for the Quran being sent as a guide.

So, in short, what im saying is, chose the quotations which would fit the context best, and cover more things.

Reaction score
"And thus do all things express their humility. All the animate creations in the heavens and the earth and all the angels prostrate themselves before Allah. They do not show arrogance at all. They fear their Lord who is above them, and do whatever they are bidden." [16:50-51]
Now, i believe this is excellent for the topic of Belief in Angels. Cuz it covers the points of them having no free will, doing whatever they are bidden, and being entirely obedient to Allah in terms of worship to him.

Reaction score
it does not matter whether u attend or not ur skul in these crucial months.
i have given pakstudies,islamiat and urdu and for the preparation i did not go 2 skul
for 2 months.beleive that when u study by ur self u r more expected to learn and grasp more.
with this basic principle i am able to achieive 2A star and an A.i also did the same for statistice and so got an A star again.
currently,i am preparing for eco.bst,english,maths.accounts and addmaths again BY MYSELF.
For tips regarding ur subjects,u just have to do their past papers and match ur answers against their respective mark schemes
and note any point u miss.this would be very helpful.besides this u should also study the examiner reports to know how and what u should write in ur answer.

Reaction score
yup you are correct 100% its just useless going to school it just wastes your hold day and exhausts you as well.

Reaction score
Many would say that going to school is a waste of time, I however disagree with this :p At school, we revise quite a lot of subject matter under the consultancy of the teachers :) I feel that this is really good . Well, everyone is supposed to have different opinions so I guess any path you take is fine provided that you do well in the exams :D