• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat Paper 2 Revision and Queries

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for your help! : ) I am referring to Yasmin Malik and FNM's book. Can you mention the correct dates of the battles fought during the reign of Hazrat Umar (R.A) and quote the number of traditions of each of the six books of hadith from Dr. Mustafa's book? I don't have it as of now :\ and I don't have much time left to buy a new book so I hope you don't mind mentioning those here. ^^
Battle of Jasr/ Bridge: 634
Battle of buwaib: 635
Al Qadsiya: 635
Capture of Damascus: 635
these are the pnly dates mentioned. the battles between two of above would be fought between that time meaning the same year. all date are in CE

Reaction score
thnx alot. btw in the q,"conditions of performing salat" the marking scheme says v have to mention the purity, sattar, facing qiblah, niyat etc. but this is very short. so i was thinking to mention the ways of wuzu and bath . wht do u say?

Yes you can. : )

Battle of Jasr/ Bridge: 634
Battle of buwaib: 635
Al Qadsiya: 635
Capture of Damascus: 635
these are the pnly dates mentioned. the battles between two of above would be fought between that time meaning the same year. all date are in CE

JazakAllah~! =D Your notes on communal and individual life are amazing. ^-^Hopefully, INSHALLAH we will get good grades.

Reaction score
Yes you can. : )

JazakAllah~! =D Your notes on communal and individual life are amazing. ^-^Hopefully, INSHALLAH we will get good grades.
Peace
namrraq 634
egypt conquerd in 640
babylon 641
city of fustat founded 642
nihawand 642
the red ones are battles
Peace

Reaction score
Can you also post the answer for the compilation of hadith up until the six authentic books. thankss :)
mention the following points
  • initially the Prophet (pbuh) did not make the people write/rather he made them memorise his sayings by making the companions repeat em thrice
  • the hadis were not written during his lifetime for fear of being mixed with the Quran
  • Hazrat Umar, during his calipahate had a plan to compile the traditions, but he halted in fear that people might deviate from the Quran
  • later the caliph Umar bin abd-alaziz, following in his role model's(Hazrat Umar) footsteps, decided to compile and it was the first time that this happendt
  • he sent messengers to all parts, calling scholars and knowledgeable people to collect the traditions
  • the whole Muslim empire was searched
  • later during 3rd century AH, people realised the need for authentic collections ( imam bukhari )
  • write the other people and him, briefly about their methods (if you want matter)
  • also include about musnad/musannaf ( musnad of Ahmad bin Hanbal etc/ Al-muwatta of Malik)

Reaction score
mention the following points
  • initially the Prophet (pbuh) did not make the people write/rather he made them memorise his sayings by making the companions repeat em thrice
  • the hadis were not written during his lifetime for fear of being mixed with the Quran
  • Hazrat Umar, during his calipahate had a plan to compile the traditions, but he halted in fear that people might deviate from the Quran
  • later the caliph Umar bin abd-alaziz, following in his role model's(Hazrat Umar) footsteps, decided to compile and it was the first time that this happendt
  • he sent messengers to all parts, calling scholars and knowledgeable people to collect the traditions
  • the whole Muslim empire was searched
  • later during 3rd century AH, people realised the need for authentic collections ( imam bukhari )
  • write the other people and him, briefly about their methods (if you want matter)
  • also include about musnad/musannaf ( musnad of Ahmad bin Hanbal etc/ Al-muwatta of Malik)

I read in Jehangir's book that there were written records of hadith during prophets life, these included kitab al sadiqa(dictated by Prophet himself), sahif as sadiqa, sahifa as Amr bin Hazm, sahifa Anas bin Malik (Prophet approved it) letters to kings (which included details regarding sharia). Moreover the people from ahl suffah wrote ahadith, these included Zaid bin Sabit, Anas bin Malik etc and it is also mentioned that 65 such documents existed at time of death of Prophet. Furthermore Al Muwatta and Musnad i Ahmed were written down in 2 century.
So tell me now what should i do?

Reaction score
I read in Jehangir's book that there were written records of hadith during prophets life, these included kitab al sadiqa(dictated by Prophet himself), sahif as sadiqa, sahifa as Amr bin Hazm, sahifa Anas bin Malik (Prophet approved it) letters to kings (which included details regarding sharia). Moreover the people from ahl suffah wrote ahadith, these included Zaid bin Sabit, Anas bin Malik etc and it is also mentioned that 65 such documents existed at time of death of Prophet. Furthermore Al Muwatta and Musnad i Ahmed were written down in 2 century.
So tell me now what should i do?
oh yeah, include those too, ( about the not being allowed by the Prophet, i think it was at first, but include all of the points you mentioned)

Reaction score
oh yeah, include those too, ( about the not being allowed by the Prophet, i think it was at first, but include all of the points you mentioned)
Do you have any source for the point that compilation was not allowed by the Prophet at first?

Reaction score
why did H.Abu bakr burnt the volume of hadiths he has collected when he was about to die? it is in the book of mustafa drapper. do u have any idea??

Reaction score
Do you have any source for the point that compilation was not allowed by the Prophet at first?
this is totally irrelavant and we don't have space to write. but still let me tell you, HP never stopped but did not say to anyone to write his sayings or to memorise because he thought that the young Ummah would not be able to recognise hadiths and quran. I have also heard it from my teacher(i think it is written in yasmeen malik's book)

Reaction score
this is totally irrelavant and we don't have space to write. but still let me tell you, HP never stopped but did not say to anyone to write his sayings or to memorise because he thought that the young Ummah would not be able to recognise hadiths and quran. I have also heard it from my teacher(i think it is written in yasmeen malik's book)
By source i meant from which book. And its written in the Jehangir's book that there are several books which were dictated by Prophet himself, such as Kitab al Sadiqa, Sahifa Amr bin Hazm, and i think you are wrong about the thing that he never asked anyone to memorise his sayings because the people of Ahl Suffa used to memorise and note down his sayings.

Reaction score
i mean u said v have to evaluate, what do u exactly mean by tht....cn u giv an xample?
let me give u few examples:
1- if u qoute a verse, write the meaning of verse after that in ur words and how does it relates to the question.
2-if u are writing abt an event, tell it's reason first, then it's importance after.
3-in the case that u have to write abt challenges to h.Abu Bakr, tell why it was a challenge and why it was necessary to face it or stop it.
4-see my notes of communal life and individual life and see how i commented, analysed and explained each quotation.
5-see specimen answers of 2058_y09_sm_1.pdf and 2058_y09_sm_2.pdf. paper 1 for just understanding not for preparation.
hope u understand. Although the requirement differ in some cases. like in a battle, you have to write naration/story of that also not just key points. for example in case of question about angels or books or something, writing more names and being specific make you get more marks. example:
"there are angels for death...."
"the angels have duties. the angel Gabriel brought revelation to prophets...."
"the angels have duties. Allah gave power to angels for their duties. the angel Gabriel brought revelation to prophets for example H.Lut,... and to came to give tiding of son to H.Maryam....."
other thing is that to "itemize" ,as they say, the answer. like if it is modesty, divide it into modesty towards friends, towards Allah....
this is all what i have observed from all mark schemes, examiner reports and specimen answers about writing good answer.

Reaction score
iv cn ur notes, there awesome buh they give the same answers which i was saying, except for i proposed an initial pargraph about communal life.
but u said tht they will get me l3. M confused!
according to specimen asnwer of individual life, we have to itemize and comment and analyse each example.