• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Sory for one reply again n again dre is a problem in mobile net :(
By the way MA stands for MashaALLAH :)
can u tell answer this question construct pqr in which pq =10cm qr=9cm rp=7cm on the same diagram draw
i(A) the locus of points equidistant from pq and pr
ii(a) the locus of a point equidistant from pq and pr can u tell me what is the difference between the two

Reaction score
Bro these both parts are same!
There might b some more info in the ques which may differ them... Can u tell me from where u have took this ques?

Reaction score
Bro these both parts are same!
There might b some more info in the ques which may differ them... Can u tell me from where u have took this ques?
well its from oxford mathematics d4 well what i wanted to know is that is there any difference but as u said that there is no difference so thanks man

Reaction score
although captain already solved it but i wish to share a little explanation.
when we are supposed to give scale it is always in centimeters so in "1:n" 1 means 1cm and the second figure must be converted into cm. here it was 10 m which equals to 10 into 100 = 1000cm. then ratio becomes 1:1000 n answer becomes n=1000

Reaction score
can u tell answer this question construct pqr in which pq =10cm qr=9cm rp=7cm on the same diagram draw
i(A) the locus of points equidistant from pq and pr
ii(a) the locus of a point equidistant from pq and pr can u tell me what is the difference between the two

I think these might help i posted them i guess 5 pgs ago :D

When the question highlights the following do as stated !

1.equidistant from two lines like AB and AC go for an angle bisector !
2.When it says equidistant from two points A and B u make a perp bisector !
3.When it says equidistant to one point like C a circle needs to be drawn !
4.ANd when it is equidistant from one line like PQ u draw parallel lines above and below this line !

thats it ur LOCI is done but yeah sometimes u have these difficult questions that can derail ur concepts ! :D

Reaction score
I think these might help i posted them i guess 5 pgs ago :D

When the question highlights the following do as stated !
1.equidistant from two lines like AB and AC go for an angle bisector !
2.When it says equidistant from two points A and B u make a perp bisector !
3.When it says equidistant to one point like C a circle needs to be drawn !
4.ANd when it is equidistant from one line like PQ u draw parallel lines above and below this line !
thats it ur LOCI is done but yeah sometimes u have these difficult questions that can derail ur concepts ! :D
can u post some difficult questions from loci

Reaction score
Well search the past papers man from 80s to 1995 !
Get the Elementary unsolved maths past papers and use them !

Reaction score
Here's a Probability Question:
Two bags each contain six counters.In each bag there are three red counters.two white counters and one blue counter.
(i)One counter is drawn from the first bag.Find the probability that it is white.
(ii)One counter is drawn from the second bag.Find the probability that it is not red.
(iii)One counter is drawn from each baf.Find the probabbility that the two counters are
(a)Both blue.
(b)Each of a different colour

Well,I got the answer for the first two parts i,e for (i) 1/3 and for (ii) 1/2.But I'm a bit confused in part (iii) :confused:

Reaction score
(i) 1/3
(ii) 1/2
(iii)
(a) 1/18
(b) 1/12

Well I m not sure about the answer cuz I didn't practice probability after my stats paper.

Reaction score
Here's a Probability Question:
Two bags each contain six counters.In each bag there are three red counters.two white counters and one blue counter.
(i)One counter is drawn from the first bag.Find the probability that it is white.
(ii)One counter is drawn from the second bag.Find the probability that it is not red.
(iii)One counter is drawn from each baf.Find the probabbility that the two counters are
(a)Both blue.
(b)Each of a different colour

Well,I got the answer for the first two parts i,e for (i) 1/3 and for (ii) 1/2.But I'm a bit confused in part (iii) :confused:
(i) 2/6=1/3
(ii) 3/6=1/2
(iii) a) Pr(both blue) = (B,B) = (1/6*1/6)
=1/36
b) Pr(each of different colour) = 1 - Pr(same colour)
see if v will minus the probablity of same colour from the total so v will get probablity of different colours! So first find out prob. Of same colour :
Pr ( same colour) = (B,B) or (W,W) or (R,R) = (1/6*1/6) + (2/6*2/6) + (3/6*3/6) = 1/36 + 1/9 + 1/4 = 7/18!
So now Pr(diff. Colour) = 1-7/18 = 11/18 ;)
i hope this helped u?