• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Heck no.....
Physics P2 was actually kinda difficult(P1 easy as pie and P4 was actually a standard one;a bit lower at most) and chm ppr 1 and 2 though standard were admittedly relatively difficult than P4(the ppr tht came before)
I don't agree with you. Every year the papers are of this level of difficulty kuch extra nahi tha. We are not comparing individual papers infact we are talking the past papers.

Reaction score
-.-
Ahmad ne roney lag jana hai. :p
Like this :p
sad-baby.gif
#LeWantsToDie .-.

Reaction score
Starting Najumi V2 Beta:
giphy.gif

"Antar Mantar Jadu Jantar"

Output:
no-error-SAT-writing.png

Bhai Rs.200 fee dy dein.
yar,,I wanted to know wht resources u r referring to study for comp P1 AND P3
Can u give me the most useful sites u r referring or any notes or sth like tht for P1 and P3 .
any source will do as a matter of fact.

Reaction score
Only you wrote that? No one else? :O
What was the answer then? Why did we have to mention work done? Is this a past paper question?
mainay poora para ptaya tha wiki say :

A fluid, such as oil, is displaced when either piston is pushed inward. The small piston, for a given distance of movement, displaces a smaller amount of volume than the large piston, which is proportional to the ratio of areas of the heads of the pistons. Therefore, the small piston must be moved a large distance to get the large piston to move significantly. The distance the large piston will move is the distance that the small piston is moved divided by the ratio of the areas of the heads of the pistons. This is how energy, in the form of work in this case, is conserved and the Law of Conservation of Energy is satisfied. Work is force applied over a distance, and since the force is increased on the larger piston, the distance the force is applied over must be decreased.

maainay to waisay hee likh dia, sae hogya :p

Reaction score
mainay poora para ptaya tha wiki say :

A fluid, such as oil, is displaced when either piston is pushed inward. The small piston, for a given distance of movement, displaces a smaller amount of volume than the large piston, which is proportional to the ratio of areas of the heads of the pistons. Therefore, the small piston must be moved a large distance to get the large piston to move significantly. The distance the large piston will move is the distance that the small piston is moved divided by the ratio of the areas of the heads of the pistons. This is how energy, in the form of work in this case, is conserved and the Law of Conservation of Energy is satisfied. Work is force applied over a distance, and since the force is increased on the larger piston, the distance the force is applied over must be decreased.

maainay to waisay hee likh dia, sae hogya :p

I wrote that the large piston has a larger area..
So the volume displaced by the movement of the smaller piston.. will force the large piston to move by a smaller distance to accommodate the same volume :/

I'm wrong :(

Reaction score
I mean. Why are you mentioning WORK done in this question?
Is this like a law in physics? Work done in the pistons is equal? :O
It,s like this ..the syetem bears similarity with lever function in the sense tht force is multiplied
But like tht Priniple of conservation of energy is applied as work done by the smaller force over larger distance =work done by larger force over smaller distance
U can also check this by thinking abt the volume displaced..In the smaller piston volume displaced less surface area means more height/depth diff and in second piston same vol more surface area and hence less distance moved