• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
In O level matrix transformation what is the invariant line for shear parallel to both
x axis.....
y axis....
shear parallel to x-axis, invariant line x-axis
shear parallel to y-axis, invariant line y-axis

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this Q
The probability that Janice does not score a goal in any particular game is 2/3.
a) Find the probability that in the first two games of the season
1)she does not score in either games
2)she scores in both games

b)The probability that Janice scores more than one goal in any particular games is 1/12.Find the probability that she scores exactly one goal in the last match of the session.

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this Q
The probability that Janice does not score a goal in any particular game is 2/3.
a) Find the probability that in the first two games of the season
1)she does not score in either games
2)she scores in both games

b)The probability that Janice scores more than one goal in any particular games is 1/12.Find the probability that she scores exactly one goal in the last match of the session.

(a)
(i) 2/3 * 2/3= 4/9
(ii) 1/3 * 1/3= 1/9

(b)
2/3 => she scores less than 1 goal
1/12 => she scores more than 1 goal
she scores 1 goal = 1-(2/3 + 1/12) = 1/4

Reaction score
pl xplain last part b)
the probability that she scores 1 goal is the probability that she neither scores less than one, nor more than one, which cancels out all possibilities except that she scores one goal. to cancel out all other possibilities, we subtract all other possibilities from 1 (1 means that all events can occur).

Reaction score
can anyone explain Maths 4024_w11_qp22 Q9?

Attachments

• 4024_w11_qp_22.pdf
    147.6 KB · Views: 14