• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
how do you find the 'nth' term in problem solving & pattern when the pattern is not constant, like the difference is not same?

Reaction score
May June 2007 paper 1 question 6(i) Add maths

well its pretty easy..
first of all...
you have the starting points right and you know that they are gonna collide
take time as t and multiply it with speed to get the distance travelled by both of them...then add these distances to get the postion vector of Spacecraft and bullet...solve these together as they both are equal as they are colliding...
tada....solve for T and K and then you shall have your answer..hope i helped...:)

Reaction score
can anyone explain Maths 4024_w11_qp22 Q9? part c(ii) and (iii)

c) ii - Postion of B doesn't change, showing that it is the centre of enlargement... And for the scale factor it is 2, as QA and QB is radius... To further explain it, scale factor = Image Length/ Original Length = 2 times Radius/ Radius = 2

iii - You have the scale factor 2, multiply (QM = 3) with 2, you get the answer...

Reaction score
c) ii - Postion of B doesn't change, showing that it is the centre of enlargement... And for the scale factor it is 2, as QA and QB is radius... To further explain it, scale factor = Image Length/ Original Length = 2 times Radius/ Radius = 2

iii - You have the scale factor 2, multiply (QM = 3) with 2, you get the answer...

why do you mytiply AN by 2 to get MN? in the examiner report it has been stated that many candidates wrongly assumed that MN = AN. and AN is 6, not 3! and i meant that how to find MN and MC?

Reaction score
why do you mytiply AN by 2 to get MN? in the examiner report it has been stated that many candidates wrongly assumed that MN = AN. and AN is 6, not 3! and i meant that how to find MN and MC?

Sorry. :oops:

I meant QM=3... Read my post again... Scale factor is 2... Meaning that any side of the original image is to be doubled in length...

Reaction score
well its pretty easy..
first of all...
you have the starting points right and you know that they are gonna collide
take time as t and multiply it with speed to get the distance travelled by both of them...then add these distances to get the postion vector of Spacecraft and bullet...solve these together as they both are equal as they are colliding...
tada....solve for T and K and then you shall have your answer..hope i helped...:)
Thanks I got It now :DDDDD