• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The marks say it all don't they ? :p
its a long question ..

Cylinder Part.
you will first take the surface area of the cylinder .. 2πr(h+r) then subtract πr^2 from it (cuz one end of cylinder is not there, as its an open cylinder) Now divide it by two because the cylinder is half filled.

Hemisphere part.

Find hemisphere's surface area with the formulae 2πr^2 .. (cuz the hemisphere is open ended too..) divide it by two (half filled.)

Add them both .. and you got yourself an answer. :)
thanks alotit was v helpful....... mere past papers me galat solve huawa tha so i got cnfused.........
thanks allllloooooottttttttt :) ;)

Reaction score
equate AR= T(AQ) since these points lie on same line i used T as a constant. then solve it out by comparing the coefficients of p and q. you first need to get the value of ur constant and then substitute that and you'll get k.
Can u explain me step by step after u write the equation ! Thnx :)

asd

Reaction score
Can u explain me step by step after u write the equation ! Thnx :)
AQ = (2p + 5q)/6
AR = (2p + kq)/2
Note that they are collinear, so their scalar must be different only, while the bracket part should be the same.
So, for the bracket part to be the same, k =5 (by comparing)

Reaction score
AQ = (2p + 5q)/6
AR = (2p + kq)/2
Note that they are collinear, so their scalar must be different only, while the bracket part should be the same.
So, for the bracket part to be the same, k =5 (by comparing)
Thnx :)

asd

Reaction score
how do i differentiate between an enlargement and stretch
In enlargement, the whole figure is enlarged/diminished without it's shape being changed. In stretch, the figure will be stretched either upwards/sideways and the shape changes too. However, in a double stretch (two-way stretch) with the same stretch factor, you are actually enlarging the figure, and the shape remains the same, just it gets bigger.

Reaction score
see we have subtract height of triangle from the radius of the circle, see the picture and you will find out why.
to find heigh of triangle I divided the the triangle from O. angle will be halved, from 140 to 70
now apply Cos
COS 70 = h/9
h = cos70 x 9
thus subtract this figure from radius that is 9.
If u dont get it pls dont hesitate to ask again .. :) (y)
i understood.. :) thank u..

asd

Reaction score
I did this question in first attempt but im now confused...this can be considered as a stretch too :p
No, not stretch. If it was a stretch then there would have been no (6,0) but (6,2) instead. And, the point before y-axis would have moved to further left.
It is ONLY enlargement.