• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

OMG CHEMISTRY UNIT 1 PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hahaha yeah I wrote that too that smaller fractions are more useful than heavier ones . I read in the text book right now that alkenes are obtained from the cracking of alkanes so that could have been one of the answers but I didnt write in the exam :p The second point I wrote was to obtain hydrogen :p
i wrote that too..... it forms hydrocarbons with smaller chain lengths to be formed as fuel and to produce hydrogen

Reaction score
Okay I just googled and its a giant covalent structure , it says that although phophorus has a small molecular structure white phosphorus is an exception to that rule and has a giant covalent structure :D

Reaction score
i put it as small molecules as it is not in the same group as silicon and carbon with giant structures but is in the group of N2 which has a small structure

Reaction score
wait it is less negative so it increases right? :D
I didnt write about the less negative thing whatever it always confuses me , all I know is electron affinity decreases down the group because the size of the atom increases and the no. of shielding electrons increase so the incoming electron is less attracted and thus less energy is released

Reaction score
Okay I just googled and its a giant covalent structure , it says that although phophorus has a small molecular structure white phosphorus is an exception to that rule and has a giant covalent structure :D
ahh damn were they talking about white phosphorus in particular?

Reaction score
I didnt write about the less negative thing whatever it always confuses me , all I know is electron affinity decreases down the group because the size of the atom increases and the no. of shielding electrons increase so the incoming electron is less attracted and thus less energy is released
i wrote the perfect explanation but the wrong statement >.>