• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Brothers, I have a question related to section 3 history,
Why there were so many prime minister between 1956 to 1958 ?
Constitutional Changes: The adoption of a new constitution in Pakistan in 1956, which shifted the country from a Dominion to a Republic, created a power struggle between the Governor-General and Prime Minister. This resulted in the dismissal of the Prime Minister and the appointment of multiple successors who were unable to establish their authority.

Political Instability: In addition to the constitutional changes, there was a great deal of political instability in Pakistan during this period. Political parties were weak, and the country was struggling to establish a stable democracy. As a result, the Prime Minister's office became a revolving door, with several individuals holding the position for only a few months.

Military Intervention: Finally, the military played a significant role in the political instability of Pakistan during this period. In 1958, General Ayub Khan staged a military coup and declared martial law. This led to the dismissal of the government and the imposition of military rule, which lasted for more than a decade. The frequent changes in the Prime Minister's office during this period were a symptom of the underlying political instability that ultimately led to military intervention.

Reaction score
Can someone check my answer

Q-Give an account on the Muslims migration to Abyssinia

The migration of the Muslims to Abyssinia occurred during the early years of Islam when the Muslims were facing intense persecution in Makkah. The Holy Prophet, Muhammad, allowed a group of twelve men and four women to migrate to Abyssinia, a place where they could find refuge and be free from the torture they were subjected to in Makkah. The Christian king of Abyssinia, Negus (Ashma Najashi), was a just ruler and did not allow any persecution in his land.

The Muslim immigrants were received warmly and accorded due hospitality in Abyssinia. However, the Makkans became very furious when they learned about the hospitable reception the Muslims received and intensified the persecution of the Muslims still living in Makkah. As a result, the Holy Prophet allowed the helpless Muslims to seek asylum in Abyssinia for the second time. This time, the group of immigrants comprised eighty-two or eighty-three men and eighteen women.

The Quraish dispatched two envoys to demand the extradition of the Muslim refugees from Abyssinia, but Negus (Najashi) summoned the Muslims to the court and asked them to explain the teachings of their religion. Jafar bin Abi Talib, the Holy Prophet's cousin, was appointed as the spokesperson for the Muslims. He gave a speech that impressed Negus and the Christian priests present there. Negus then asked Jafar to recite some portion of the Holy Quran, and after hearing the recitation, Negus said: "By God this and the Gospel are the lights of one candle." Thus, the mission of the pagan envoys failed and the Quraish returned totally disappointed.
The original text is incomplete and lacks important details related to the topic. Firstly, it does not mention Verse 39:10 from the Quran, which emphasizes that the earth is spacious for believers. Secondly, it fails to mention the names of prominent personalities involved in the migration, such as Hz Usman and Ruqqah in the first migration, and Jafar bin Abu Talib leading the second migration. Additionally, the text does not provide the names of the envoys, Amr bin al-Aas and Abdullah bin Rabiyah, who were sent to King Negus with bribes from the Quraishite leaders.
Thirdly, the speech given by Jafar bin Abu Talib to King Negus is a crucial part of the story, which highlights the beliefs and practices of Islam. Lastly, the verses recited by Jafar bin Abu Talib from Surah Maryam, specifically chapter 19, verses 19-21, are significant in demonstrating the message of Islam.
It is also important to note that the date of the migration is missing from the text. Therefore, to provide a comprehensive and accurate account of the event, all these crucial details should be included.

Reaction score
hello, just wanted to ask if anyone has the Collins Modern School Atlas for Pakistan as a pdf file. im having a lot of trouble with remembering stuff on the map so if anyone has any other notes or resources just for that, it would be really helpful. thanks!

Reaction score
hey I'm kinda curious on what to expect on the day of the urdu as a second language paper 2 listening CAIE (0539/02)
My school's speakers were pretty awful and because of that I didn't score very well in my mocks and midterms. My teacher has been saying that it's just luck and there really isn't much we can do about it, but I just want to hear someone's experience to sort of ease my tension. I'm pretty sure our exams will be in a hall or marquee but I'm not 100% sure
Also is there a way I can replicate the exam conditions of the listening paper? I'm just really worried about my urdu and am desperately trying to improve. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
hey I'm kinda curious on what to expect on the day of the urdu as a second language paper 2 listening CAIE (0539/02)
My school's speakers were pretty awful and because of that I didn't score very well in my mocks and midterms. My teacher has been saying that it's just luck and there really isn't much we can do about it, but I just want to hear someone's experience to sort of ease my tension. I'm pretty sure our exams will be in a hall or marquee but I'm not 100% sure
Also is there a way I can replicate the exam conditions of the listening paper? I'm just really worried about my urdu and am desperately trying to improve. Thanks in advance!
actually its true that u can't do much itnai kam time mein but still there are some tricks in Urdu u can do . your exams are going to be in hall or marquee soon u will receive statement of entry from your school in which every information will be provided . plus can u explain your replicate question again , its confusing .

Reaction score
Can someone check my answer

Q-Give an account on the Muslims migration to Abyssinia

The migration of the Muslims to Abyssinia occurred during the early years of Islam when the Muslims were facing intense persecution in Makkah. The Holy Prophet, Muhammad, allowed a group of twelve men and four women to migrate to Abyssinia, a place where they could find refuge and be free from the torture they were subjected to in Makkah. The Christian king of Abyssinia, Negus (Ashma Najashi), was a just ruler and did not allow any persecution in his land.

The Muslim immigrants were received warmly and accorded due hospitality in Abyssinia. However, the Makkans became very furious when they learned about the hospitable reception the Muslims received and intensified the persecution of the Muslims still living in Makkah. As a result, the Holy Prophet allowed the helpless Muslims to seek asylum in Abyssinia for the second time. This time, the group of immigrants comprised eighty-two or eighty-three men and eighteen women.

The Quraish dispatched two envoys to demand the extradition of the Muslim refugees from Abyssinia, but Negus (Najashi) summoned the Muslims to the court and asked them to explain the teachings of their religion. Jafar bin Abi Talib, the Holy Prophet's cousin, was appointed as the spokesperson for the Muslims. He gave a speech that impressed Negus and the Christian priests present there. Negus then asked Jafar to recite some portion of the Holy Quran, and after hearing the recitation, Negus said: "By God this and the Gospel are the lights of one candle." Thus, the mission of the pagan envoys failed and the Quraish returned totally disappointed.
Dear, WhatsApp Me on 00966571442094
I'll guide you with your queries :)

Reaction score
How successful was Quaid -e- Azam in establishing the new Pakistan in 1947? Explain your answer.

Okay so, do I write about the problems Pakistan had to deal with after its establishment as an independent and separate country (eg; refugee problem, economic problems etc) and the solutions Quaid came up with for these problems
OR
 Do  I write about the problems he had to face in his struggle of giving the Muslims an independent homeland (eg; Gandhi and congress were against the Muslims having a separate state, the British were also against this notion) .

WhatsApp me 00966571442094

Reaction score
I'm a Urdu Teacher, teaching to OL/IGCSE since the past 10 years.
Currently, I started Revision Sessions for IGCSE Urdu (0539)
WhatsApp me 00966571442094

Reaction score
Here are History (4 marks questions) with complete answers

Attachments

• History(4 marks questions)_Answers.pdf
    433.5 KB · Views: 54
Reaction score
Could anyone kindly answer these:

Q) How successful was the government of Pakistan in solving the problems of partition during 1947 and 1948 ? Explain your answer . (14)

Q) The formation of government was the most important problem faced by the newly established country of Pakistan in 1947? Do you agree?(14)