• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Same is the case here should I even do section 3 at this point
Yes you should do it if your section 1 and section 2 are strong. However, you can leave Ayub Khan because two 7 and 10 marks Q came in oct/nov

If you need the guess (Just a guess) by a reliable teacher, Dr Iftikhar ul haq,
Here it is
Expected Topics for May 2023
Islamiyat P1
Q2: Compound question on Theme2; also prepare Themes 1 & 3
Four sources of legal thinking, especially primary sources in relation with Qiyas
General reading of “ History of revelation “
Q3/4/5:
Qualities of the Prophet
Early life
Migration to Abyssinia
Boycott
Night journey of Isra & Ma’raj
Pledges of al-Aqaba
Treaty of Hudaibiya
Last year of the Prophet’s life
Scribes: collectively their work
Rolls of 1st four of the 10 Blessed Companions, especially Hazrat : Umar & Uthman during the life Prophet’s life
Hazrat: Ja’far, Salman Farsi, Zayd bin Haritha, Fatimah

P2
All 3 stages of Hadith compilation: during the life of the Prophet and his Companions
Age of Taba’een
Age of Taba’ Taba’een
Types of Hadith
How are Hadith used for legal thinking ( if a question on legal thinking is not set in P1)
Caliph Abu Bakr and Uthman
Kharijites and arbitration during Hazrat Ali’s caliphate
Shahada, Fast , Zakat: observance and benefits
Benefits of Salat: general reading
Belief in prophets and books
Benefits of Tawhid

Expected Topics For May 2023
Pakistan Studies
P1
Section A/ Q1 expected from Section 1 of History
Section 1
Mughal decline
British attracted to India, may be a 10 marks question ,eg:
Was Indian wealth the most important reason for British being attracted to India during 17th century?(10)
Indian resistance against the British
British reforms,1750-1850
General reading of “ British expansion “1750-1850
Languages
3 reformers: SWU, SASB, HSU( general reading)

Section 2
Partition of Bengal
Failure of Khilafat movement
Role of Iqbal and Ch Rehmat in the development of the Pakistan movement
1935 Act; 1937 elections
Congress rule, 1937-1939
General reading of 1940-57

Section 3
Early problems
General reading of 3 Governor Generals,1948-1958
Separation of E.Pakistan
Zia ul Haq
Nawaz Sharif, especially 1990-1993
Constitution making ,1947-1973
Relation with:
USA, China, India, Afghanistan

Geo: last 6 chapters
General reading of mining and fishing

Reaction score
Yes you should do it if your section 1 and section 2 are strong. However, you can leave Ayub Khan because two 7 and 10 marks Q came in oct/nov

If you need the guess (Just a guess) by a reliable teacher, Dr Iftikhar ul haq,
Here it is
Expected Topics for May 2023
Islamiyat P1
Q2: Compound question on Theme2; also prepare Themes 1 & 3
Four sources of legal thinking, especially primary sources in relation with Qiyas
General reading of “ History of revelation “
Q3/4/5:
Qualities of the Prophet
Early life
Migration to Abyssinia
Boycott
Night journey of Isra & Ma’raj
Pledges of al-Aqaba
Treaty of Hudaibiya
Last year of the Prophet’s life
Scribes: collectively their work
Rolls of 1st four of the 10 Blessed Companions, especially Hazrat : Umar & Uthman during the life Prophet’s life
Hazrat: Ja’far, Salman Farsi, Zayd bin Haritha, Fatimah

P2
All 3 stages of Hadith compilation: during the life of the Prophet and his Companions
Age of Taba’een
Age of Taba’ Taba’een
Types of Hadith
How are Hadith used for legal thinking ( if a question on legal thinking is not set in P1)
Caliph Abu Bakr and Uthman
Kharijites and arbitration during Hazrat Ali’s caliphate
Shahada, Fast , Zakat: observance and benefits
Benefits of Salat: general reading
Belief in prophets and books
Benefits of Tawhid

Expected Topics For May 2023
Pakistan Studies
P1
Section A/ Q1 expected from Section 1 of History
Section 1
Mughal decline
British attracted to India, may be a 10 marks question ,eg:
Was Indian wealth the most important reason for British being attracted to India during 17th century?(10)
Indian resistance against the British
British reforms,1750-1850
General reading of “ British expansion “1750-1850
Languages
3 reformers: SWU, SASB, HSU( general reading)

Section 2
Partition of Bengal
Failure of Khilafat movement
Role of Iqbal and Ch Rehmat in the development of the Pakistan movement
1935 Act; 1937 elections
Congress rule, 1937-1939
General reading of 1940-57

Section 3
Early problems
Separation of E.Pakistan
Zia ul Haq
Relation with:

Geo: last 6 chapters
General reading of mining and fishing
thanks. can you also share how i should structure my answers. i am so confused. i just need a C grade in this crappy subject

Reaction score
thanks. can you also share how i should structure my answers. i am so confused. i just need a C grade in this crappy subject
Oh getting C will be easy because of geography cuz its mostly general knowledge and you have to solve 3 q out of 5. My tip is if you are stuck in some particular q of geography that askes you effects/causes eg, what is the effect of siltation on dams, repeat the question and apply it to every topic in the syllabus. For example, I go through Topgraphy, nothing, I go through climate, nothing, I go through water resources, OH... HEP output gets limited.

In History, there is nothing much you can do if you have bad prep. however, if you are really struggling but know something about a question, just keep thinking about its effect for example. British came to India for spices. Why? Cuz industrial revolution? why India? Cuz they were unable to go into east indies and wanted strategic location. Oh why? They wanted to spread there superior culture and because mughals allowed them. Oh Why..... and the chain goes on. I would suggest you to this in 7 mark q if you are struggling but know only 1 to 2 points. Hope it helps. Moreover, in 4 marks you can attempt to write general things.... for example you know the whole set is from sec 1 cuz the 7 and 4 marks are about sir syed and reformers. Now the 4 marks asks you about nana sahib... you can then write general things for example he fought against the brit etc. this will get you 2-3 marks or even 4 if you give 4 distinct point. Hope it helps

Reaction score
Just remeber to give it all and try not to go blank.. Write anything even if you don't know nothing cuz there is no negative marking. Hope it helpes
Oh getting C will be easy because of geography cuz its mostly general knowledge and you have to solve 3 q out of 5. My tip is if you are stuck in some particular q of geography that askes you effects/causes eg, what is the effect of siltation on dams, repeat the question and apply it to every topic in the syllabus. For example, I go through Topgraphy, nothing, I go through climate, nothing, I go through water resources, OH... HEP output gets limited.

In History, there is nothing much you can do if you have bad prep. however, if you are really struggling but know something about a question, just keep thinking about its effect for example. British came to India for spices. Why? Cuz industrial revolution? why India? Cuz they were unable to go into east indies and wanted strategic location. Oh why? They wanted to spread there superior culture and because mughals allowed them. Oh Why..... and the chain goes on. I would suggest you to this in 7 mark q if you are struggling but know only 1 to 2 points. Hope it helps. Moreover, in 4 marks you can attempt to write general things.... for example you know the whole set is from sec 1 cuz the 7 and 4 marks are about sir syed and reformers. Now the 4 marks asks you about nana sahib... you can then write general things for example he fought against the brit etc. this will get you 2-3 marks or even 4 if you give 4 distinct point. Hope it helps

Reaction score
In geography should I emphasize more on acadmey notes or past papers, I have the notes almost done but the past papers are remaining and I have'nt got time
Do past papers. But instead of solving them, due to less time, write and understand their marking scheme as that is what is important

Reaction score
Which topics are expected not to show up in History from section 3
Just A guess by Dr iftikhar Ul Haq:
Section 3
Early problems
Separation of E.Pakistan
Zia ul Haq
Relation with:

Reaction score
Can anybody plz tell me how much i am supposed to prepare from section 3 history if my main goal is to only attempt the q2 and q3 Cz there is a chance that something from section 3 may come as a compulsory q1.

Reaction score
Can anybody plz tell me how much i am supposed to prepare from section 3 history if my main goal is to only attempt the q2 and q3 Cz there is a chance that something from section 3 may come as a compulsory q1.
I also have the same game plan but I think so that a general reading would be enough.

I haven't done much myself.

Just did ( Governer generals and Presidents, Ayub Khan, Yahya and Seperation of E.P and ZAB)

Reaction score
Addie Zak can you tell me about the constitution making?

I can't understand from the book.
There were many attempts to make constitution until a stable one until 1973. Thay include 1949, 52, 56, 62 and finally 73

So we discuss 1949 one the objectives resolution, here you tell what were they clauses and why it was rejected ( insufficiently iuslamic, east pak opp, provincial political parties etc) Then Bogra sahab ''presented an amended version of it. Then we tell constitution made by Muhammad Ali at gunpoint, lol, that was implemented on march 1956, u tell its clauses including one unit policy.... then u tell it was abrogated. Then in 1962 cuz of basic democracies, ayub khan was able to make a constitution, you discuss its clauses... then finally in 73 Zulfikar made a constitution, u discuss its clauses. hope it helped. asked q to clarify

Reaction score
I also have the same game plan but I think so that a general reading would be enough.

I haven't done much myself.

Just did ( Governer generals and Presidents, Ayub Khan, Yahya and Seperation of E.P and ZAB)
Lol ayub khan came in oct/nov in 7 and 10 marks....

Reaction score
Yeah I get the main idea of it.

I read your comment about Ayub Khan but on Friday I was on study mode so I thought to do Ayub Khan but Just a basic overview.

Btw would you appear on tuesday?