• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 5054

Reaction score
i dont remember the option no. ...but it was most definitely the option that stated that acceleration decreased from 10 to 0

Reaction score
It was 6 Cm3 .....hope iam correct:..... Hey plzzz tell me what were the energy conversions in q2 of p2?????? And also what was da reason y the two temperature differences varied in question 11 of sec b in p2?????? Plzzzz answer my questions.........

Reaction score
ohhh now i remember the answer was 6 cm3 by the formula p1v1 = p2v2
ans we had to supp. that temp. was constant. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Arslanjaved said:
but why dont we add the ATM in the pressure of liquid?

it didnt mater if you added or not because since it would be added on both sides the answer should come the same if the correct working is done.... :)

Reaction score
it was chemical energy to gravitational potential energy + heat (i think)
and as for the temp difference its because initially as the water temp. rises the difference with the surrounding temp. increases, so heat is lost more rapidly to the surrounding and the water temp. rises slowly afterward. @ vishal

Reaction score
likosp said:
Arslanjaved said:
but why dont we add the ATM in the pressure of liquid?

it didnt mater if you added or not because since it would be added on both sides the answer should come the same if the correct working is done.... :)
no....the atmospheric pressure is added in the pressure under water only if it was needed..
otherwise in that question the answer was 6cm3 and we were not supposed to add ATM.....

Reaction score
wth? the mcq about measuring tape or rule DID NOT mention meter rule it just said rule. besides, a measuring tape would give you much better measurment as there is no chance of alignment error because the end of the measurement tape has a hook. THEY CAN BOTH BE RIGHT.

Also, there was no right answer in MCQ 1. someone should email CIE about this and post a reply on here.

Attachments

• physics3.jpg
    physics3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Well, it was mentioned that a STRAIGHT pipe need to be measured so metre rule is more feasible...moreover they've also provided the hint by giving the length 80cm..C'mon..u must have done it right....

Attachments

• physics7.jpg
    physics7.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
but measuring tape can also measure a meter very accurately. i've been to the metal works in gizri, they use measuring tape with the hook for measuring straight pipes.

:cry: im losing so many marks... :cry: :oops: :fool:

Attachments

• physics9.jpg
    physics9.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Firebender said:
but measuring tape can also measure a meter very accurately. i've been to the metal works in gizri, they use measuring tape with the hook for measuring straight pipes.

:cry: im losing so many marks... :cry: :oops: :fool:
just chill....you cant change anything.
just concentrate on next papers...

Reaction score
question 1 in p1 was correct

the formula for latent heat is mass multiplied specific latent heat

where:

latent heat is j/kg
mass is kg

kg multiplied j/kg

the 2 kgs cancel out and only j remains

Reaction score
what was the answer to the mcq in which it was asking for least pressuse exerted on ground.was it the tire or heel?