Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can anyone explain this?

I know it's quite late, but I hope the explanation helps nonetheless.
The spring is moving vertically up and down, with equilibrium point being in the centre. At "lowest point of its motion" the mass has MAXIMUM displacement downwards. And at maximum displacement, we know that potential energy is maximum and kinetic energy is minimum(=0) therefore velocity=0 at lowest point and answer is D :)

Reaction score
Is there any whatsapp group for this group and if yes can someone kindly add me over there

Reaction score
How to solve part b?
Hi, firstly this is a physics forum and your question is chemistry-related. Please be mindful henceforth :)
As to your question, it's quite a memory based answer. You need to know that MgCl2 dissolves in water to give Mg(OH)2+HCl; Since one product is basic and the other is acidic, your best guess is pH 7.
in case of MgO, you need to know that it hardly dissolves/is slightly soluble. It is more of a surface reaction that occurs in which Mg(OH)2 is produced. As a result, you predict a high pH. Dont go till 14, Mg(OH)2 is not as strong of an alkali.

Reaction score
Hi, firstly this is a physics forum and your question is chemistry-related. Please be mindful henceforth :)
As to your question, it's quite a memory based answer. You need to know that MgCl2 dissolves in water to give Mg(OH)2+HCl; Since one product is basic and the other is acidic, your best guess is pH 7.
in case of MgO, you need to know that it hardly dissolves/is slightly soluble. It is more of a surface reaction that occurs in which Mg(OH)2 is produced. As a result, you predict a high pH. Dont go till 14, Mg(OH)2 is not as strong of an alkali.
Sorry. I didn't notice at that time and thanks.