• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
view

Also, the (-6.30) which is dividing (4850 x v),
will go add to the other side or will multiply ?

Reaction score
How do you do bii) they multiplied the charge from bi by 2

Attachments

• FF7E9315-9C29-4451-B001-A66B9FC7997A.png
    FF7E9315-9C29-4451-B001-A66B9FC7997A.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
On what basis do you maintain significant figures when making a table in P3 ?
Raw readings are taken as it is for example, readings for time can be taken according to your stopwatch/timer reading - time readings are usually upto 1 or 2 decimal places(preferably 1 decimal place).
As for calculations in table, the answer/readings must be rounded to the same number of significant figures as your raw readings. For example, if length X=1.22cm, then 1/X could be calculated to 3 significant figures.

Reaction score
Never mind . Any useful tip regarding Electricity question in P3 because I always find setting up the circuit intriguing . TIA!
Setting up circuits for electricity is something I cannot help you with; problems in performing the experiment can only be fixed through practice. The only thing you can prepare for in P3 right before the exam is memorising the bullet-points for the last part of question 2. I would advise you to study/read the example candidate responses for P3 since they show you how a (near) perfect paper/response looks like.

Reaction score
How do you do bii) they multiplied the charge from bi by 2
This is fairly simple... So first of all, the current passing through the ammeter is 4.5 microammeter and using Q=It, we can determine that the charge flowing through the ammeter is 4.5 microcoloumb in 1 second. As the switch changes positions from X to Y 50 times in one second, the charge during one charging/discharging process is 4.5 microcoloumb divided by 50 which is equals to 9x10^-8... This will be the charge on one plate of the capacitor(and the other plate will have the same magnitude of charge with negative sign/opposite polarity).

Reaction score
So .. tomorrow we all have variant 33 practicals.. here's what I've heard
For Q1.. They have some glass jars,clay and masses..
For Q2.. a clamp, the tennis ball type thingy and a wooden board and maybe even a protector too

Reaction score
For Q2.. a clamp, the tennis ball type thingy and a wooden board and maybe even a protector too

Reaction score

Reaction score

Reaction score
hmm not sure for Q1, but maybe Q2 is about ramps then and rolling the ball?