• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
So .. tomorrow we all have variant 33 practicals.. here's what I've heard
For Q1.. They have some glass jars,clay and masses..
For Q2.. a clamp, the tennis ball type thingy and a wooden board and maybe even a protector too
too bad i only saw this after my p3 ended. btw how did you know?

Reaction score
Please can anybody explain me this
In first part we find U
then W
both were positive
but when we have to find total q why did we add them?
isn't U=q+w
shouldn't we subtract it like this q= U-W?Phy prob.PNG

Reaction score
In first part we find U
then W
both were positive
isn't U=q+w
shouldn't we subtract it like this q= U-W?View attachment 64706

The equation depends on how you define the terms:

(generally these two are constant)
U is increase in internal energy
q is heat supplied to system

If w is work done on system, then:
U = q + w

If w is work done by the system, then:
U = q - w

Think of how the work changes the internal energy, if the system is doing the work then its using up some internal energy, if work is being done on it then its internal energy increases.

Reaction score
In first part we find U
then W
both were positive
isn't U=q+w
shouldn't we subtract it like this q= U-W?View attachment 64706
You should try to send the whole question... I would use the definition of the 1st law of thermodynamics here. Since the gas is expanding and pushing onto the piston, first of all energy is being supplied to the system(positive q) and work is being done BY THE SYSTEM to push the piston(negative w). So the equation we use is U=q-w, isolate q and you get U+q=w(now just insert values and find answer).

Reaction score
Use the equation F=BILsin(theta). The variables are F and theta in this case with B, I and L being constant so just take some values of theta and find the relevant values of F(using F=sin(theta) since the rest of the variables are constant as I stated). Allowing you to draw a graph for example, I'll take Theta=90, 45, 0 and find the values of F(relative to scale).

Reaction score
Use the equation F=BILsin(theta). The variables are F and theta in this case with B, I and L being constant so just take some values of theta and find the relevant values of F(using F=sin(theta) since the rest of the variables are constant as I stated). Allowing you to draw a graph for example, I'll take Theta=90, 45, 0 and find the values of F(relative to scale).
Bro the marking scheme says that A line and a curve should be drawn .. but when I searched the similar solution it said to draw decreasing gradient curve only

Reaction score
Someone pls help me with this question
Its AS Level, w15_21 q5

Attachments

• halp.PNG
    halp.PNG
    44.2 KB · Views: 14