• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Question?
Answer is attached too... Just wanted to ask do we write the uncertainty in such part of the answers... Like if I get .22 mm diameter... Can I write the answer as .22 +- .01? Is that "answer + uncertainty" or "range" given in the marking scheme as .19+- .02 mm? And also what does that SV mean in the marking scheme?
View attachment 3412

Marking Scheme!
View attachment 3413

Reaction score
Question?
Answer is attached too... Just wanted to ask do we write the uncertainty in such part of the answers... Like if I get .22 mm diameter... Can I write the answer as .22 +- .01? Is that "answer + uncertainty" or "range" given in the marking scheme as .19+- .02 mm? And also what does that SV mean in the marking scheme?

ffaadyy said:
"You need to write the uncertainty every time you read a value off some scale etc. About the '.22 +- .01' part, that's 'answer + the uncertainty'. And the smallest possible reading that you can read on a micrometer screw gauge is .01mm so I think you can write the uncertainty as .01mm. I wonder why they've mentioned '.02mm' as the uncertainty :unsure: Lastly, that 'SV' might stand for similar value or something like that but I am not really sure about it.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me from where can I get Physics AL Old Past papers before 2001?!
Thanks in Advance :)

Reaction score
Assalamolaikum, can you tell me how to solve Qno. 13 and 14 of paper 1 of June 2005? I also need help with Q no. 15 of paper 1 of May/june 2006, Qno. 7, 10 and 13 of paper 1 of May/June 2007. Can you answer as soon as possible? My paper is due in two days. Thanks :)

Reaction score
I also need help regarding graphs of kinematics in AS level. Can you post all of those related to the syllabus?

Reaction score
it can be .02 my sir said it ranges from .01 to .03
but its much better to write .01