• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Please help me for June 2004 p2 no. 3 (b)(ii)
Thanks.

wa iyyakum..
no air resistance means nothing stopping it from comming down so constant acceleration.. that tells us speed keeps increasing at a fixed rate (Acceleration of 9.8) until SPLAT it hits the ground.... with air resistance the speed increases till a fixed value and until that time air resistance force also increases until the upward and downward forces are equal and your drop comes down with a constant velocity.. we call that const velocit Terminal Velocity if my memory servers me right...

Reaction score
could you help me with June 2012 P12 Q13?

U must have done these type of quest in mechanics.. u r frm mru i fink??

well
its simple simultaneous enqs

Using newton(my friend) laws of motion
2g - T = 2a eqn 1

T - 6 = 8a eqn 2

U solve simultaneously u'll get a = 1.4 ms^-2

T =17.2 N

hence a=1.4 ans is option A

Reaction score
How do I do this?

When a golfer hits a ball, his club in in contact with the ball for about 0.0005s and the ball leaves the club with a speed of 70m/s. The mass of the ball is 46g.

a) Determine the mean accelerating force.
b) What mass, resting on the ball would exert the same force as in a?

Reaction score
How do I do this?

When a golfer hits a ball, his club in in contact with the ball for about 0.0005s and the ball leaves the club with a speed of 70m/s. The mass of the ball is 46g.

Answers
a) Impulse = (force)(change in time) = momentum
therefore,
Force= (0.046*70)/(0.0005) = 6440N

b) i dont understand the question

Reaction score
How do I do this?

Do you know the answer to part b?

Reaction score
When jumping from a wall onto the ground, it is advisable to bend one's knees on landing. Using Newton's second law of motion, explain why it is sensible to bend one's knees..?

smzimran Could you help me here?