• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 4 JUNE 11/6/12

How well did you do on the exam?

• Total voters
Reaction score
First find the energy released using e = (delta)mc^2
then make it a ratio like 1fission = x J of energy, then yfissions = 2.5GW and cross multiply...
we dont have the number of molecules or half-life so we cant use the radioactive decay eqns :)
ths ans is 4 the que in september 2011 20 years after the cylinder?

Reaction score
:oops: I misunderstood which question u were asking... really apologize :oops:
n yeah in this question u can use the activity equation :)

Reaction score
:oops: I misunderstood which question u were asking... really apologize :oops:
n yeah in this question u can use the activity equation :)
no its ok:) ya i used the 1 like we use in discharing of capacitor bt then after finiding the final activity then further use the equation A= decay constant x N i was wondering y they used ths if we already found the remaining caesium?

Reaction score
We can find the initial number of molecules using A = N(lambda) den insert it into that complicated equation :p to get the no of atoms left :)

Reaction score
We can find the initial number of molecules using A = N(lambda) den insert it into that complicated equation :p to get the no of atoms left :)
hehe ya complicated equation thanks alot :) nw im goin 2 send u a paper containing al ocillation ques and i hve doubt in sme so if u can solve them so ican check my answers :) bt its helpful cuz its classified 4 ths topic

Reaction score
hehe ya complicated equation thanks alot :) nw im goin 2 send u a paper containing al ocillation ques and i hve doubt in sme so if u can solve them so ican check my answers :) bt its helpful cuz its classified 4 ths topic
Ur welcome no problem :)
n surieee! It'll be good for me too, I'll solve it tonight n u keep me posted on the doubts n i'll get back to u :)

I really owe u a thanks u know, ur giving me so much practice (cuz otherwise i pretty much left physics aside for now :p)

Reaction score
Q's 4,5 and 6 whn u can do them plz tel me the ans and sry again :)

Attachments

• PHY5_Oscillations_Q.pdf
    407 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Ur welcome no problem :)
n surieee! It'll be good for me too, I'll solve it tonight n u keep me posted on the doubts n i'll get back to u :)

I really owe u a thanks u know, ur giving me so much practice (cuz otherwise i pretty much left physics aside for now :p)
its ok :)

Reaction score
Q's 4,5 and 6 whn u can do them plz tel me the ans and sry again :)
W-o-W! dis is awesome! I'll do dem n let you know by tonight Inshallah :)

thanks SO much! mind if ask, do u have other chapters as well? and a mark scheme or something for it so we can cross-check?

n no need for the sorries, i need to thank you n keep it comming :D

Reaction score
W-o-W! dis is awesome! I'll do dem n let you know by tonight Inshallah :)

thanks SO much! mind if ask, do u have other chapters as well? and a mark scheme or something for it so we can cross-check?

n no need for the sorries, i need to thank you n keep it comming :D
ya ofcourse i'll send u the whole file and plz do u hve any notes abt forced oscillations and resonance im really confused a bit in tht
tell me if they reached u

Attachments

• PHY5_Astrophysics cosmology_A.pdf
    370.7 KB · Views: 4
  • PHY5_Astrophysics cosmology_Q.pdf
    684.3 KB · Views: 3
  • PHY5_Nuclear decay_A.pdf
    175.8 KB · Views: 4
  • PHY5_Nuclear decay_Q.pdf
    222.6 KB · Views: 3
  • PHY5_Oscillations_A.pdf
    199.8 KB · Views: 3
  • PHY5_Oscillations_Q.pdf
    407 KB · Views: 2
  • PHY5_Thermal physics_A.pdf
    124.1 KB · Views: 3
  • PHY5_Thermal physics_Q.pdf
    189.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
ya ofcourse i'll send u the whole file and plz do u hve any notes abt forced oscillations and resonance im really confused a bit in tht
tell me if they reached u
I need u 2 help me in the difference between forced oscillation and resonance :)

Reaction score
I need u 2 help me in the difference between forced oscillation and resonance :)
Sure, i'm going thru that paper now ;) n thanks SOOOOOOOOOOo much :')
I'm also getting suck on question 4 :S I'll try again tomorrow after revising Inshallah :)
(Sorry for the delay :oops:)

n forced oscillations is whenever we cause nething to vibrate at any frequency EXCEPT its natural frequency while resonance is ONLY at natural frequency :)

Reaction score
Sure, i'm going thru that paper now ;) n thanks SOOOOOOOOOOo much :')
I'm also getting suck on question 4 :S I'll try again tomorrow after revising Inshallah :)
(Sorry for the delay :oops:)

n forced oscillations is whenever we cause nething to vibrate at any frequency EXCEPT its natural frequency while resonance is ONLY at natural frequency :)
Ya they r lil tough and do we hve 2 study the experiments like the one's given in the paper?and if we push smethng and let it oscillate freely then its oscillating at its natural frequency bt there is no resonance so how we can cause resosnance?

Reaction score
Ya they r lil tough and do we hve 2 study the experiments like the one's given in the paper?and if we push smethng and let it oscillate freely then its oscillating at its natural frequency bt there is no resonance so how we can cause resosnance?
Do u have the mark schemes for them by any chance? :unsure:

nopes! dat is a forced oscillation if we just push it at any frequency, BUT if dat frequency is the same as the natural frequency of the object it will vibrate with a much greater amplitude, showing that resonance has occured :)

Reaction score
so the driving frequency shld equal the natural frequency of the object oscillating?and ya the mark scheme is given u can c tht two files with the same name 1 is 4 ques and the other 4 answers

Reaction score
yup dats it ;)
oh ohkay :) Thanks :) I'll just go over SHM once n den try those questions now :)