• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Political Views

Reaction score
@alphabrvocharlie
what did musharraf do wrong in the lal masjid incident. If you think the military operation was wrong then most probably you are an islamic extremist. so go ahead tell what was the other solution to that problem

Reaction score
the mentality of the people in jinnahs time is the same as it is today. You talk of support but you did not mention how jinnah got that support. Jinnah as a leader earned the support of the people. at first the people were unprepared to accept the idea of a seperate state nd infact they did not even think that there was a need for a seperate state. Jinnah made them aware of the concequences of hindu rule. I am not saying that the people did nothing but they depended on jinnah for guidance. You should read pakistans history, not from history books available in Pakistan but from those books which have been banned by the pakistani government. Those books portray the true history of Pakistan's creation. I could mention some actual events etc but i wil not because many people here will be offended by it. Khair anyways a revolution without a leader is impossible. you talk of the people and a leader as two seperate things while infact there are one and the same. A leader rises frm amongst the normal citizens, earns their respect and support and then leads the revolution.

Reaction score
ibadsiddiqi said:
@alphabrvocharlie
what did musharraf do wrong in the lal masjid incident. If you think the military operation was wrong then most probably you are an islamic extremist. so go ahead tell what was the other solution to that problem

You ask what he did wrong, then i say killing several innocent children, what about that. Who do you think was killed in that operation. Oh and a masjid is masjid, you don't go blasting your way into it and killing everyone on sight. And then there is the war on terror [rather war on islam], which as i remember musharraf got us pulled into. P.s mods please do not lock this topic.

Reaction score
ibadsiddiqi said:
the mentality of the people in jinnahs time is the same as it is today. You talk of support but you did not mention how jinnah got that support. Jinnah as a leader earned the support of the people. at first the people were unprepared to accept the idea of a seperate state nd infact they did not even think that there was a need for a seperate state. Jinnah made them aware of the concequences of hindu rule. I am not saying that the people did nothing but they depended on jinnah for guidance. You should read pakistans history, not from history books available in Pakistan but from those books which have been banned by the pakistani government. Those books portray the true history of Pakistan's creation. I could mention some actual events etc but i wil not because many people here will be offended by it. Khair anyways a revolution without a leader is impossible. you talk of the people and a leader as two seperate things while infact there are one and the same. A leader rises frm amongst the normal citizens, earns their respect and support and then leads the revolution.

Exactly. No one blindly agrees to something new. They have to be informed, educated and then convinced.

Reaction score
@alphabravocharlie
First i suggest you go and research about the lal masjid incident http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Lal_Masjid
and also take a look at some of the "innocent" children you claim were killed http://www.google.com.pk/images?hl=en&q ... group&sa=X
what do you think he should have done. You think musharraf was sipping a cup of tea and then thought "hey, why not i attack lal masjid and kill innocent childre"?? Those studnets and maulanas were portraying a wrong image of islam. they were simple terrorists and nothing else.
As for your saying that attacking the masjid was wrong, let me give you an example of the Prophet SAW. In madinah, the hypocrites had built a masjid but inside they secretly planned and conspired against islam. The Prophet SAW had that masjid burned down. Now why did he do that. I mean, like you said a masjid is a masjid.
Now, as for the war on terror. This is the most frustrating question of all. Do you seriously think you are the only one who has asked this question?? Musharraf has replied to this question a BILLION times. Firstly, we did not have a choice. The US said that either you are with us or you are against us. They went on to say that if we did not support them ,then we should be prepared to be "bombed back to the stone ages". Our army was not strong enough to challege the US forces and we did not have the capability of using our nuclear warheads at that time. Secondly, it was in Pakistans interest. The taliban and militants were targeting pakistans citizens, we had to stand up against them. Furthermore, musharraf only agreed to supporting the US in the war against islamic miltants. He never supported the war in Iraq or Afghanistan nor the other acts of injustice done to INNOCENT muslims bu the US. As for the US drone attacks, a specific location had been given to the US by him to attack militants there. No drones or any other US soldier or agent was allowed to enter any other areas of Pakistan. If musharraf was still here, the US woud have never held that operation against Bin Laden and most prob, Bin Laden wouldnt have been living in plain sight.
its very easy to blame Musharraf for pulling the country into the war on terror yet they dont take the time to go and actualy research and read about the events and circumstances taht lead him to that desicion! I suggest you read his book in which he has answred all questions regading his desicions. If not then atleast google those events rather then listening to the media and politicians!

Reaction score
^ and with that answer you just earned my respect. So Ibad Siddiqi Zindabaad.

Reaction score
All i would say to you my friend is that go through that whole event from the eyes of the locals, not a foreign website. The hypocrite masjid you mentioned, well no one was allowed to pray in it. People prayed in the lal masjid, so how can it be wrong. So see it through it the eyes of the pakistani not through the eyes of a musharraf fan or the foreign media.

Reaction score
guys have a debate but its getting over the melting point i see it exploding any minute so a little control..

anyways continue lets see who wins.. its not abt winning :p :p

Reaction score
Nice try bro, but there are always two sides to an argument. ibadsiddiqi believes in one side while i on the other, the only one who knows the truth is Allah, and i guess we will know the truth on judgement day.

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
salmanpakrocks said:
Well what is the 18th Ammendment ?? :p

No idea... Na he I wana know that... Hate politics...

18th amendment is the amendment brought forward by the present parliament in the 2009-10 parliamentary session...the most significant points of the 18th amendment are as follows

1)more rights to provinces (provincial autonomy)
2) abolishment of article 58-2(B) according to which the president could dissolve the parliament
3)the renaming of NWFP to khyber pakhtuunkhwaah

according to zardari nd his gang this amendment was brought forward in order to neutralise the effects of amendments brought by general zia nd musharraf

(I DON"T KNOW HOW THIS AMENDMENT WILL HELP THE PEOPLE :D :D)

Reaction score
I should say that how to get rid of zorgon(translation zardari)??? hahahahahahahahahahhaha :D :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Reaction score
I should say that how to get rid of zorgon(translation zardari)??? hahahahahahahahahahhaha :D :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!
Wow! People are actually posting! I thought no one was interested in politics!

Reaction score
Shahroz95 said:
Assalamoalaikum!
Wow! People are actually posting! I thought no one was interested in politics!

“Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you” someone said this sometime in history :D :D

Reaction score
yeah i am not interested in politics its just too boring for me......don't ask why. :D :lol:

Reaction score
Unfortunately many Pakistanis support extremists and portray them as heroes. I think There lies total misconception of that Salman taseer's murder's event and the Blasphemy law. Misguided Jahil People are working against Taseer family...

Reaction score
lol I don't want that, i just support the truth. here i see total injustice to one's family. the judiciary does not give punishment to a criminal who shot dead the governor of punjab. where is rule of law...? nd the stupid narrow minded maulviz make this killer a hero...taseer did nothing but only supported a poor woman who was forcefully said to speak against her religion. that blasphemy law was made by gen. zia ul haq and it is always used for one's own interest in this country thruout history.........