• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Political Views

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
You think Zardari and the likes of him are good, but it's the seats they are in, which are bad?

Reaction score
No I mean when you enter this field, that is the only option you are left with. Their seats are not bad, it is these corrupt people and people who surround them who are bad.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
arlery said:
No I mean when you enter this field, that is the only option you are left with. Their seats are not bad, it is these corrupt people and people who surround them who are bad.

Then reach there and kick out those people who surround you (the bad ones only). If you will not, then who will! (besides Ibadsiddiqi, of course)

Reaction score
No. Politics is just not my thing. Of course if I'm meant to be a prime minister, then that is where I'll end up whether I like it or not. But for now, it is my writing that will bring me into the world's focus.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Okay. You're out of this. Good Luck on your writing!
Let's all pray for Imran Khan and ibadsiddiqi.

Reaction score
Imran Khan zindabaad. Ibad I'll do that for you when you prove yourself worth of the title k? But best of luck for it. For now, focus on cricket, as that is where you can really do something.

Reaction score
Imran Khan :D
yeah i have studied economics and many at times do see how dumb our politicians are!
but there many exterior factors affecting the government of Pakistan like India's pressure, Afghanistan's war and America. moreover Pakistan has become notorious in the entire World, we must learn to be independent. we must not rely on aids from overseas and most of all AVOID ANYONE ELSE'S INFLUENCE ON THE LAWS AND GOVERNING OF PAKISTAN!. I AM tired of watching our rulers behaving like puppets to America, its sick and IT hurts our dignity!

Reaction score
@yellitgirl: So true. But nevertheless change is always possible. It only depends on how you play your cards. Look at Jinnah for eg. He fought against both the hindus and the british SINGLE handedly. I know there were other great muslim leaders but none in comparison to jinnah and Pakistan would never have been formed if not for him. Anyways he achieved the impossible but not only that he ensured that the country survived. The only reason Mountbatten agreed to pakistan being formed was that the new state would never be able to survive and would eventually join India. But that did not happen! Jinnah, who died a year after partition, was able to help pakistan onto its feet and ensured that it would carry on as an independant and sovereign state! Jinnah is my role model. He is one of the few people who really inspire me. Hopefully i will be able to follow in his footsteps!!

Reaction score
"Few man alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Muhammad Ali Jinnah did all three."

Yes InshAllah. Best of luck Ibad, you sure know how to answer well [A good trait in my opinion, considering the line you'll be choosing.]

Reaction score
Well on the debate of '' Democracy or Dictatorship?" , I favor dictatorship , when it comes to Pakistan. We have 4 military rules in our history and you can check it but these made whatever we are today. Before Ayub Khan the nation was on the verge of collapse. Ayub Khan brought back the political stability , which Iskander Mirza had destroyed. Tell me , what did Z.A Bhutto accomplish , what did Benazir Bhutto accomplish ,what did Nawaz Sharif accomplish, what is Zardari accomplishing. These all had the trust and support of the population and they failed again and again. Whereas, Musharaf and Zia-ul-Haq may have been cruel to us but they are the ones who elevated Pakistan's status. They were opposed , not only at home but from abroad as well , yet they did what democracy couldn't do! The government isn't corrupt , the people are. We all break traffic rules and use unfair means to get ahead in something. Yet we have no choice, our world is based on these disobedience. Stop wishing for a miracle leader, that will never come. You wanna make Pakistan a better country start by a uncorrupted population. Trust me the politicians are just puppets in our hands. We've just forgotten where we put the strings.

Reaction score
multixamza01 said:
Well on the debate of '' Democracy or Dictatorship?" , I favor dictatorship , when it comes to Pakistan. We have 4 military rules in our history and you can check it but these made whatever we are today. Before Ayub Khan the nation was on the verge of collapse. Ayub Khan brought back the political stability , which Iskander Mirza had destroyed. Tell me , what did Z.A Bhutto accomplish , what did Benazir Bhutto accomplish ,what did Nawaz Sharif accomplish, what is Zardari accomplishing. These all had the trust and support of the population and they failed again and again. Whereas, Musharaf and Zia-ul-Haq may have been cruel to us but they are the ones who elevated Pakistan's status. They were opposed , not only at home but from abroad as well , yet they did what democracy couldn't do! The government isn't corrupt , the people are. We all break traffic rules and use unfair means to get ahead in something. Yet we have no choice, our world is based on these disobedience. Stop wishing for a miracle leader, that will never come. You wanna make Pakistan a better country start by a uncorrupted population. Trust me the politicians are just puppets in our hands. We've just forgotten where we put the strings.

I agree [other then the musharaf part]. But dictator or not, all Pakistan needs is a good leader [and lets just hope, he shows himself soon].

Reaction score
Musharraf was never cruel. I really dont get why people hate musharraf. He is a true patriot and he tried to do everything to help Pakistan. He has easily and sufficiently answered to all the questions put forth to him regarding his time as the president, and yet people forget his answers and keep on blaming him. Even Imran Khan, whom you guys all support, hated musharraf but after his rule he changed his thinking and began to regard Musharraf as a good and honest guy. And he really was a good person and still is.

Reaction score
yes. change begins at home indeed.
Paki population just loves blaming everything on the leaders without actually thinking what they are doing themselves!
You go out on the streets, there will be people (even many literate ones) littering on the roads, people bribing and so on. A leader is not supposed to come and staple your mouth before you spit on the road or hold your hand when you are bribing! these things are an individual's own responsibility.
WE are to blame to whatever Pakistan is today.
Talking about Jinnah, he could not have done anything alone, whatever he accomplished, he did with the full support of his people who were ready to die for the cause, It was the PEOPLE who gave up their luxury of home and family and struggled for justice.

Pakistan's population must understand this fact that its them who are the revolutionaries not the leaders.

Reaction score
arlery said:
Well said all of you. I agree.
Yeah. Its good to know that atleast we, the to-be dominant population of Pakistan agree on matters and are against disunity and illiteracy :)

Reaction score
^ Absolutely. I believe it is only the youth of our country that can bring about a change.

Reaction score
For the Musharraf part, How would you explain the Lal masjid incident.
And to everyone else, At Quaid-e-Azam's time people knew he was a man who could be trusted, that is why they supported him, because they knew he was someone there to help them. And now the people have lost hope, when the leader is so corrupt, how do you expect the people to be good, the leader of a country is the head of the whole body, and when the head is corrupt the whole body is affected. These corrupt presidents were the ones who made the people this way, When you have no laws to prevent people from doing wrong acts, then how do you expect them to refrain from things like littering, Thefts are becoming common due to increased poverty and unemployment. These people normally have only two choices die a slow painful death or commit acts of theft, etc. It is all the presidents Job. The only way to bring people of pakistan back to the right way is through extremely strict measures, i.e "danday key zor per".