• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
no.26 , June2000.
no.20,June2002.
no.4,June2009.
no.4,June2010 .
Please some1 explain them .
(1)- june 2000- when any metal reacts with steam, the products are always the metal hydroxide and hydrogen gas. So , eliminate answers C and D. From A and B, only iron is more reactive than Hydrogen thus it's the only metal here that can displace hydrogen from steam. Copper is less reactive than hydrogen so it won't react with steam. The correct answer is B

(2)-june 2009- if S has 18 protons then it has 18 electrons so it's arrangement will be 2,8,8 . If T is the next element then it should have 19 protons so 19 electrons making its arrangement this way 2,8,8,1. So it is clear than T will have one more shell than S so the answer must be B.

(3)- june 2010-X cannot gain an electron and remain an atom. So both A and B are wrong ( when it gains an e it will be X-)
So, out of C and D, only D makes sense.Because Isotopes have the same proton nbr but diff. neutron nbr. When we move across a period of the periodic table, each successive atom gains a proton. So the correct answer is D

Reaction score
Could someone please explain this answer?? I thought it would be NH4+ since the red litmus turned blue!
NXAMk.jpg

Reaction score
Reaction score
Could someone please explain this answer?? I thought it would be NH4+ since the red litmus turned blue!
NXAMk.jpg

Listen, so it's C because NO3- are tested by Aluminum foil and Sodium Hydorxide. Addin only the NaOH will not be efficient to test for NO3-. And since in the first exp. the litmus pp was unchanged that eliminated NH4+. But when the Al foil - which is the powdered metal- is added, ammonia gas is given off and only NO3- need Al foil to be displaced.

Reaction score
Listen, so it's C because NO3- are tested by Aluminum foil and Sodium Hydorxide. Addin only the NaOH will not be efficient to test for NO3-. And since in the first exp. the litmus pp was unchanged that eliminated NH4+. But when the Al foil - which is the powdered metal- is added, ammonia gas is given off and only NO3- need Al foil to be displaced.
Ohh.. damn, I really need to get back to my books. Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
can sum1 PLEASEEEEEEEEEE post evryyythinnngg that we need to noe for chem p1????? PLEASEEEE

Reaction score
Which potassium salt produces a yellow precipitate when it is dissolved in water and acidified
aqueous lead(II) nitrate is added?
A potassium chloride
B potassium iodide
C potassium nitrate
0 potassium sulphate
why the answer is C , IS IT WRONG ?

Reaction score
Which potassium salt produces a yellow precipitate when it is dissolved in water and acidified
aqueous lead(II) nitrate is added?
A potassium chloride
B potassium iodide
C potassium nitrate
0 potassium sulphate
why the answer is C , IS IT WRONG ?
Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb..
yeahp it is wrong! the answer is B :) bcoz with potassium nitrate, no reaction takes place..

Reaction score
I'm kinda confused in the question below. According to what I know, distillation (And not fractional distillation) is used in separating liquids with boiling points that differ by a larger range. Why is the answer C??

7qgVn.jpg

Reaction score
I'm kinda confused in the question below. According to what I know, distillation (And not fractional distillation) is used in separating liquids with boiling points that differ by a larger range. Why is the answer C??

7qgVn.jpg
Where is this from ?And distillation is used to obtain water from solutions..Fractional distillation for liquids woth different bp