• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

POST YOUR BIO AND CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBT HERE !!!!

Reaction score
IM FREAKING OUT ABOUT CHEMISTRY MY EXAM IS THIS AFTERNOON AND I DIDNT STUDY ANYTHING!! what are the main things that i have to concentrate on and like what shud i do right now cuz im really demotivated and its my last exam :/
and plz dont tell me pastpapers cuz ive done those i need good revision

T19

Reaction score
CHEMISTRY O/N 2007 Q11 I
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ?
THANX IN ADVANCE:)

Reaction score
Atom X has 8 more electrons than atom Y, so they could be in Group 8, like Helium and Neon, etc. Thus, both students could be right and the answer is A :)

For Q23, Copper as a metal does not react with any acid except for nitric acid. So option 1 is completely eliminated. The remaining options are 2 and 3, which is C :)
Thank u !:)

Reaction score
CHEMISTRY O/N 2007 Q11 I
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ?
THANX IN ADVANCE:)
Aite here..
I molecule of organic compound +8O2
_______ +8O2---> __CO2 +__H2O
Lets start with A
C5H11OH +8O2 --->5CO2 +6H2O (It doesn't balance H &C are balanced but oxygen is not)
Try with B
C6H9OH+8O2 --->6CO2 +5H2O (Balanced! :D)
so Ans is B ..!

Reactions: T19
Reaction score
thats_me there is this question about nickel and plating and it contains 4 electrodes could u please show me how to solve it??I dont remember the year :/

Reaction score
Reaction score
thats_me there is this question about nickel and plating and it contains 4 electrodes could u please show me how to solve it??I dont remember the year :/
Umm i remmember doin it but don really remmember the ques properly i hope this helps..
So For electrplating :
Cathode should have the metal which is being plated
so nickel should be placed on cathode because reduction takes place on cathode and reduction is the gain of electrons
So make sure it's CONNECTED to the negative electrode
Then either the electrolyte or the anode should have the plating metal ..

Reaction score
Umm i remmember doin it but don really remmember the ques properly i hope this helps..
So For electrplating :
Cathode should have the metal which is being plated
so nickel should be placed on cathode because reduction takes place on cathode and reduction is the gain of electrons
So make sure it's CONNECTED to the negative electrode
Then either the electrolyte or the anode should have the plating metal ..
Ok thx alottt :)

Reaction score
Guys could anyone explain this question>>S04 qno 15??
Breaking bonds requires energy and hence, they are endothermic while forming bonds gives out energy and therefore, they are exothermic. In the question, bonds in X2 and Y2 are broken (Showing that they are endothermic) and bonds in XY are formed (Exothermic). So the answer here is C!

Reaction score
Breaking bonds requires energy and hence, they are endothermic while forming bonds gives out energy and therefore, they are exothermic. In the question, bonds in X2 and Y2 are broken (Showing that they are endothermic) and bonds in XY are formed (Exothermic). So the answer here is C!
Thx alott :D